Dake Bible Discussion BoardIs America ready for this kind of preaching?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
cpbeller
Wield the Sword of the Spirit, Which is the Word of God

Re: Is America ready for this kind of preaching?

Post by cpbeller »

the original posted video....

where is grace? God did not tell us to kill the sinner. We are to love the sinner. We do not accept the sin, but by no means do we kill the sinner. What sins does he still commit? Maybe we should lock him up in an electrified fence, throw him some scraps of food, and let him die off.

I hate that preaching. I despise that type of preaching. We ALL were sinners, worthy of death, before Jesus saved us. Telling a sinner to not sin is like telling a cat to not run around in the middle of the night. And he wants to kill them...

To me, that is simply shameful preaching, and it does not reveal Jesus in any way. Jesus should be our focus, not sin. If we spend our entire time bashing the unsaved for their sin, but don't show them the way out of it (read that as: JESUS), we are not doing anything but showing just what fools we truly are.

DISCLAIMER: Whatever I say or do not say may or may not apply to you based on whether you are or are not a Christian. And whether you are or are not a Christian may or may not be based off of whatever denomination you may or may not be a part of.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

its great to see you post Chris. :Fade-color

Kimbo sends his regards.

the first Preacher i did not care for his comments at all.

i agree with you Chris.without the grace mercy and love of God im...sighs.we have talked about this on the bell before.
cf 2 Peter 1:5-9

Reverend Angley has said
billions and billions of sex devils have been let loose on the Earth ...ive never seen a time of such perversion and filth.

these famous stars who influence our little ones are trying to outdo each other in taking off their clothes.

these harlots are under the influence or possessed by :evilbat: :evilbat: :vamp:

that kind of talk will get folks :bad-words:but it is true no matter what they say.

cpbeller wrote:the original posted video....

where is grace? God did not tell us to kill the sinner. We are to love the sinner. We do not accept the sin, but by no means do we kill the sinner. What sins does he still commit? Maybe we should lock him up in an electrified fence, throw him some scraps of food, and let him die off.

I hate that preaching. I despise that type of preaching. We ALL were sinners, worthy of death, before Jesus saved us. Telling a sinner to not sin is like telling a cat to not run around in the middle of the night. And he wants to kill them...

To me, that is simply shameful preaching, and it does not reveal Jesus in any way. Jesus should be our focus, not sin. If we spend our entire time bashing the unsaved for their sin, but don't show them the way out of it (read that as: JESUS), we are not doing anything but showing just what fools we truly are.

macca
After the Holy Ghost Has Come Upon You, Ye Shall Be My Witnesses

Post by macca »

1 Cor 5:9-13;
I wrote to you in an epistle not to company with forncators:
Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters;
for them must you needs go out of the world.
But now I have written to you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous,
or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such a one don't even eat.
For what have i to do to judge them also that are without?
do not you judge them that are within?
But them that are without God judges.
Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.
Why do so-called preachers persist in preaching to christians as if they are nothing but rotten no good sinners?
When they should be instructing, exorting, encouraging, building up, equiping the saints with the anointed word of God so they can function
as a full grown man and woman of God.

Jesus is not glorifed by that junk, God is not in it.

macca

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

hey macca
that was a great verse you put up there.Those without God judges.

God judges people in the Church. it is done by the God ordained Shepherds Leaders etc. over them.
not by any Tom ,Dick or Mary who is into that sort of thing.

all respect macca.im certainly no Preacher.

i dont know how one can do what you said today.

how can you give a good balance of both???

ive never been to a REAL Full Gospel HOLY GHOST Church where the Preachers did not preach against sin and teach the Judgement of God.

2 Timothy 4 verse 2 says Preach the Word
reprove , rebuke , exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.

if any of these are left out its wrong.

in Revelation the 7 Churches were rebuked...and the Judgement's of God were poured out on the world.

Paul said if we would judge ourselves we would not be condemned with the world.1 Cor 11.

:morning: :morning:

macca wrote:1 Cor 5:9-13;
I wrote to you in an epistle not to company with forncators:
Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters;
for them must you needs go out of the world.
But now I have written to you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous,
or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such a one don't even eat.
For what have i to do to judge them also that are without?
do not you judge them that are within?
But them that are without God judges.
Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.
Why do so-called preachers persist in preaching to christians as if they are nothing but rotten no good sinners?
When they should be instructing, exorting, encouraging, building up, equiping the saints with the anointed word of God so they can function
as a full grown man and woman of God.

Jesus is not glorifed by that junk, God is not in it.

macca

macca
After the Holy Ghost Has Come Upon You, Ye Shall Be My Witnesses

Post by macca »

I believe i have not been very clear on what i have been posting .

What i have experienced in church is the pulpit condemning the people as "unrightous" "hopless sinners" who are trying to know a "unknowable God".
Where freedom from sin is double talk and impossible to explain or experience on a personal level.
Which leaves the church goer in a state of condamnation with no power to combate evil in any way.
Faith is destroyed and if anyone steps out on the word of God they are attacked untill they shut up or leave.

When i hear anointed preaching i KNOW the difference, when Jesus is lifted and glorifed there is much liberty in the Holy Spirit.
When the preacher becomes a willing vessel for the Holy Spirit and puts his flesh to one side, great things will transpire in the church.

macca

cpbeller

Post by cpbeller »

Like I said...telling a sinner not to sin is like telling a cat not to run through the house in the middle of the night.

DISCLAIMER: Whatever I say or do not say may or may not apply to you based on whether you are or are not a Christian. And whether you are or are not a Christian may or may not be based off of whatever denomination you may or may not be a part of.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

i believe i get what you are saying.... :angel: :angel:

macca wrote:I believe i have not been very clear on what i have been posting .

What i have experienced in church is the pulpit condemning the people as "unrightous" "hopless sinners" who are trying to know a "unknowable God".
Where freedom from sin is double talk and impossible to explain or experience on a personal level.
Which leaves the church goer in a state of condamnation with no power to combate evil in any way.
Faith is destroyed and if anyone steps out on the word of God they are attacked untill they shut up or leave.

When i hear anointed preaching i KNOW the difference, when Jesus is lifted and glorifed there is much liberty in the Holy Spirit.
When the preacher becomes a willing vessel for the Holy Spirit and puts his flesh to one side, great things will transpire in the church.

macca

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

cpbeller wrote:Like I said...telling a sinner not to sin is like telling a cat not to run through the house in the middle of the night.
While I think I understand that you are trying to say that for a sinner to stop sinning their nature must be changed.... Jesus did in fact tell sinners not to sin.

John 8:11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

i agree with Chris.

I think that her life had been saved AND she was converted to Christ.

NOW WHY ON EARTH would Christ who came to seek and save the lost and set free the captives

put on a religious show
by writing in the sand twice
rebuking the Elders and seeing them leave.this must have shocked the woman greatly.

Neither do I condemn thee means her sin and condemnation was gone.
She believed on Him and found mercy.
That is my understanding. :morning: :morning:

bibleman wrote:
cpbeller wrote:Like I said...telling a sinner not to sin is like telling a cat not to run through the house in the middle of the night.
While I think I understand that you are trying to say that for a sinner to stop sinning their nature must be changed.... Jesus did in fact tell sinners not to sin.

John 8:11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

cpbeller

Post by cpbeller »

Ah, but Leon...did Jesus say to put her in an electrified cage and let her die off? No, He showed her MERCY. He did tell her to go and sin no more, but He also told her that He did not condemn her. He did not pick up the stone and bash her face in. I feel that way too many Christians would have picked up the stones that were dropped by the others and thrown it at her. Where is the mercy? Where is the grace? In our quest to tell people how rotten they are and how sinful they are, we forget that we once were just like them, and shamefully, in many ways, we still are quite like them. We just use excuses and "Christian-Talk" to not pass judgement on ourselves. To me, that is shameful...and while doing that, we do not show the love of God and fulfill our purpose of being grace-dispencers.