Dake Bible Discussion BoardThose who embrace the catholic church embrace the dark ages!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Rocky

Re: Those who embrace the catholic church embrace the dark a

Post by Rocky »

Ironman wrote:Mary is worshiped by Catholics as c0-redemptrix, notice the scars in her hands and her pierced heart in this icon!
There is a statue in the local Catholic church near my home. Mary has bleeding hands and a pierced heart flowing blood!

Catholics worship Idols of the Pope

Cardinals and Bishops worship the Pope.

Matthew 6:7 and 15:8-9, “But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. ... This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.”
Catholics not only say the repetitious rosary, they worship it and kiss it repeatedly!

The Pope worshiping Mary, not Jesus?

Mary worship is crazy,

“Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God...” (King James Bible, Exodus 20:4,5). "Mystery Babylon the Whore!"
Oh now Ironman you should not be showing the truth like that with pictures it will be too damaging to those that are defending this religion shame shame on you ironman :silly:

Here is a song that reminds me of the catholic church and of course the title is Ironically your user name
~Warning~ the following may offend those with sensibilities and superstitions Yes I know this is a Black sabbath song, and no I do not endorse every song by them, and no the song is not satanic or anything, and no this song does not endorse Drug use, promiscuous sex, demonology, Satanism, kicking the dog or beating your wife with a club lol. Now before the witch hunting commences at least read the lyrics before all the knee jerk reactions start and then you can burn me at the proverbial stake..
[video][/video]

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Good Lord.
there are some odd things on here Haz.
thanks for your concern and hard work.
you are VERY well read on this subject.thanks for caring ... :agrue:

sighs.... :agrue: me hitting meself with a pie +pieface

Ironman wrote:Mary is worshiped by Catholics as c0-redemptrix, notice the scars in her hands and her pierced heart in this icon!
There is a statue in the local Catholic church near my home. Mary has bleeding hands and a pierced heart flowing blood!

Matthew 6:7 and 15:8-9, “But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. ... This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.”
Catholics not only say the repetitious rosary, they worship it and kiss it repeatedly!

Mary worship is crazy,

“Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God...” (King James Bible, Exodus 20:4,5). "Mystery Babylon the Whore!"

tomas555
Hosea

Post by tomas555 »

What would I say to Hagin and the others? Not calling them names, just call the issue properly which is ecumenism. Wasn't recently deserting Elf Ukman Hagin's student as well?

Things are speeding up in the church world, be aware and keep clean from the empty religion.

Tomas
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

check out the history of the Charismatic revival....you guys just refuse to accept that there was an outpouring at Notre Dame.
there was.just like Dad Hagin ministered in Catholic churches.he said weve focused on what they dont believe so long we missed the good things they do believe.....

is that a lie to?????

bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:what about Catholics who were Spirit filled???
why did God choose Notre Dame???
Any catholics who were Spirit filled should leave the catholic cult the same as devil worshipers who get saved and spirit filled, should leave their coven. No difference.

Who ever said God chose Notre Dame?

What verse of Scripture do you have to support that belief?

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

i agree with you.
tomas555 wrote:What would I say to Hagin and the others? Not calling them names, just call the issue properly which is ecumenism. Wasn't recently deserting Elf Ukman Hagin's student as well?

Things are speeding up in the church world, be aware and keep clean from the empty religion.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

i agree with you.
tomas555 wrote:What would I say to Hagin and the others? Not calling them names, just call the issue properly which is ecumenism. Wasn't recently deserting Elf Ukman Hagin's student as well?

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

i think these pictures are ...

i disagree with the idea of co mediatrix.

but i do not call it satans church or any other things like that.if it were not for Rome and Constantinople there would be no CHURCH.
thats history.
my late Pastor got on them pretty good.but he got on everybody.and he won alot of people.

if he read this stuff on here he would tell me to take a hike.

branham1965 wrote:Good Lord.
there are some odd things on here Haz.
thanks for your concern and hard work.
you are VERY well read on this subject.thanks for caring ... :agrue:

sighs.... :agrue: me hitting meself with a pie +pieface

Mary worship is crazy,

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

"If it were not for Rome and Constantinople there would be no CHURCH."

What makes you believe there was no church? There was a Church, Judaism, from which the early pagan Catholic Church took some of Judaism to form her ungodly system.

The Jews had many blessings above all other nations. In enumerating these many special privileges the Apostle Paul lays the principal stress upon their being favored with a divine revelation, the oracles of God, to guide them to present and everlasting happiness. But with the many incalculable advantages, their religion at the time of Christ was not much superior to the religion of the Gentiles. It is true they recognized only one God, but theirs was a religion primarily of ceremonies with a lacking of moral restraint.

The nature of the Jewish religion may be collected from the books of the Old Testament; but at the time of Christ’s appearance, it had lost much of its original beauty and excellence, and was corrupted by errors of the most flagrant kind, that had crept in from various sources. The public worship of God was indeed still continued in the temple of Jerusalem, with all the rites of the Mosaic institution; and their festivals never failed to draw together immense crowds of people at the stated seasons; nor did the Romans ever interfere to prevent those observances. In domestic life also, the ordinances of the law were in general punctually attended to; but it is manifest, from the evidence adduced by various learned men, that even in the service of the temple itself, numerous ceremonies, observances, drawn from the religious worship of heathen nations, had been introduced and blended with those of divine institution; and that in addition to superstitions like these of a public nature, many erroneous principles, brought from Babylon and Chaldea, by the ancestors of the people at their return from captivity, or adopted by the inconsiderate multitude, in conformity to the examples of their neighbors the Greeks, the Syrians, and the Egyptians, were cherished and acted on in private.

It was into a world permeated by Paganism and Judaism that Jesus came and established his church. As a tiny island is surrounded by the waters of an ocean so the first church was surrounded by the mighty forces of these two religious systems.

The rising tide of Paganism began early to seep into many of the churches. Even during the third century much of the religion of the times was little more than a compound of Paganism and Judaism with a slight seasoning of Christianity.
What Church do you believe Paul wrote the book of Romans for? Was it the Catholic Church?

Rom 1:15, "So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also."

The churches in those Ancient times, were entirely independent; none of them subject to any foreign jurisdiction, but each governed by its own rules and its own laws. For though the churches founded by the apostles had their deference shown them, that they were consulted in different and doubtful cases; yet they had no judicial authority, no sort of supremacy over the others, nor the least right to enact laws for them. Nothing, on the contrary, is more evident than the perfect equality that reigned among the primitive churches. Many of the churches turned from a congregational rule to that of preacher rule. Emperor Constantine of the Roman Empire wanted the powers of Christianity and (in name, at least) he became a Christian.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

The Shroud of Turin, worshiped by the Catholic Church is a fake.

God says worshiping images is sin. Why would God allow Jesus to leave an image on a sheet, allegedly supposed to have bee wrapped about the body of Christ?

The Catholic Church worships this shroud. Its a fake. Jesus was wrapped in stripes of linin and had a napkin about His head.

Joh2 20:7, And the napkin, that was about his head, not lying with the linen clothes, but wrapped together in a place by itself.

Luke 24:12, Then arose Peter, and ran unto the sepulchre; and stooping down, he beheld the linen clothes laid by themselves, and departed, wondering in himself at that which was come to pass. [Linen Clothes, plural, not a sheet as the shroud of Turin is.]

Jesus had His beard plucked out and it is written that it is a shame for a man to have long hair, yet here we see in the fake Shroud of Turin, worshiped and revered by the Catholic Church both a full beard and long hair!

1 Cor. 11:14, Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?

Is this truly God's Church?? Would God even want a small part in it?

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

BOTH CHURCHES IN EAST AND WEST PROCLAIM THE FULL TRUTHS OF THE GOSPEL.AND BOTH PREACH JESUS CHRIST.AND THEY DO TAKE CARE OF THE POOR.THEY DONT PUT MATTHEW 25 IN SOME IDIOTIC FUTURE DISPENSATION AS SOME REFORMERS DO....WITH DEEP POCKETS AND TIGHT WALLETS I MIGHT ADD.
PETER WAS THE ROCK WHICH THE CHURCH WAS BUILT ON.EVEN A FEW PENTECOSTALS KNOW JESUS WAS TALKING TO PETER.
LUTHER,CALVIN,ZWINGLI GOT THEIR FAITH FROM SOMEWHERE.IT WAS THE ORIGINAL CHURCH.
READ THE CATECHISM OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH.IT IS VERY INFORMATIVE.
Ironman wrote:
"If it were not for Rome and Constantinople there would be no CHURCH."

What makes you believe there was no church? There was a Church, Judaism, from which the early pagan Catholic Church took some of Judaism to form her ungodly system.

The Jews had many blessings above all other nations. In enumerating these many special privileges the Apostle Paul lays the principal stress upon their being favored with a divine revelation, the oracles of God, to guide them to present and everlasting happiness. But with the many incalculable advantages, their religion at the time of Christ was not much superior to the religion of the Gentiles. It is true they recognized only one God, but theirs was a religion primarily of ceremonies with a lacking of moral restraint.

The nature of the Jewish religion may be collected from the books of the Old Testament; but at the time of Christ’s appearance, it had lost much of its original beauty and excellence, and was corrupted by errors of the most flagrant kind, that had crept in from various sources. The public worship of God was indeed still continued in the temple of Jerusalem, with all the rites of the Mosaic institution; and their festivals never failed to draw together immense crowds of people at the stated seasons; nor did the Romans ever interfere to prevent those observances. In domestic life also, the ordinances of the law were in general punctually attended to; but it is manifest, from the evidence adduced by various learned men, that even in the service of the temple itself, numerous ceremonies, observances, drawn from the religious worship of heathen nations, had been introduced and blended with those of divine institution; and that in addition to superstitions like these of a public nature, many erroneous principles, brought from Babylon and Chaldea, by the ancestors of the people at their return from captivity, or adopted by the inconsiderate multitude, in conformity to the examples of their neighbors the Greeks, the Syrians, and the Egyptians, were cherished and acted on in private.

It was into a world permeated by Paganism and Judaism that Jesus came and established his church. As a tiny island is surrounded by the waters of an ocean so the first church was surrounded by the mighty forces of these two religious systems.

The rising tide of Paganism began early to seep into many of the churches. Even during the third century much of the religion of the times was little more than a compound of Paganism and Judaism with a slight seasoning of Christianity. THAT IS A REFORMER TALKING.:neutral: I DONT BUY THAT.CHRISTIANS WERE DYING FOR THEIR FAITH.
What Church do you believe Paul wrote the book of Romans for? Was it the Catholic Church? YES THE UNIVERSAL CHURCH.

Rom 1:15, "So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also."

:neutral: THATS A FABRICATION.THEY ALL WERE UNDER THE AUTHORITY OF THE APOSTLES.
The churches in those Ancient times, were entirely independent; none of them subject to any foreign jurisdiction, but each governed by its own rules and its own laws. For though the churches founded by the apostles had their deference shown them, that they were consulted in different and doubtful cases; yet they had no judicial authority, no sort of supremacy over the others, nor the least right to enact laws for them. Nothing, on the contrary, is more evident than the perfect equality that reigned among the primitive churches. Many of the churches turned from a congregational rule to that of preacher rule. Emperor Constantine of the Roman Empire wanted the powers of Christianity and (in name, at least) he became a Christian.
THE APOSTLES HAD FULL APOSTOLIC AUTHORITY OVER ALL THE CHURCHES.