Dake Bible Discussion BoardOvercoming Satan through God's Word (Part 1)

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
victoryword
Knock and It Shall Be Opened Unto You

Re: Overcoming Satan through God's Word (Part 1)

Post by victoryword »

Justaned wrote:PS I agree with the point the pastor you worked with was making. To many people think God needs their belief or acceptance to make His word true. NOT SO.
At the risk of being accused of being of Satan and using Scripture only to make Ed bow down to my beliefs, I cannot help but respond to this post with Scripture that simply once again shows that Ed has a theology that appears to be opposed to the Bible:
  • ....for whatsoever is not of faith is sin. (Rom. 14:23b)

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. (Heb. 11:6)

But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. (James 1:6-7)

And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them. And he marvelled because of their unbelief. And he went round about the villages, teaching. (Mark 6:5-6)
There are soooooo many more, but this should be enough to show the casual observer that Ed and the Bible are opposed to one another. God does not force His blessings on anyone. As C. H. Spurgeon once said, faith is the hand that receives the blessing from God. Therefore God certainly needs our faith. Faith or lack of it has nothing to do with God's omnipotence, but whether He can exercise His omnipotence in a person's life without violating their free-will.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

victoryword wrote:[video][/video]
:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: great!!!

victoryword

Post by victoryword »

Thanks Rockster.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Oh and I may be slow, but I don't understand exactly what Ed is tring to refute here.

cpbeller
Wield the Sword of the Spirit, Which is the Word of God

Post by cpbeller »

FINALLY, THE ROCK HAS COME BACK...TO THE "OVERCOMING SATAN THROUGH GOD'S WORD (PAR 1)" THREAD!!

(crowd chants: ROCK-Y!! ROCK-Y!! ROCK-Y!!)

Ok, sorry about that...was hoping you would post again in this thread +wink

DISCLAIMER: Whatever I say or do not say may or may not apply to you based on whether you are or are not a Christian. And whether you are or are not a Christian may or may not be based off of whatever denomination you may or may not be a part of.
cpbeller
Wield the Sword of the Spirit, Which is the Word of God

Post by cpbeller »

to answer your question, Rocky...

Ed cannot ever be wrong, and we cannot ever be right...so he must argue with everything we ever say...ever...

DISCLAIMER: Whatever I say or do not say may or may not apply to you based on whether you are or are not a Christian. And whether you are or are not a Christian may or may not be based off of whatever denomination you may or may not be a part of.
Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

victoryword wrote:
Justaned wrote:PS I agree with the point the pastor you worked with was making. To many people think God needs their belief or acceptance to make His word true. NOT SO.
At the risk of being accused of being of Satan and using Scripture only to make Ed bow down to my beliefs, I cannot help but respond to this post with Scripture that simply once again shows that Ed has a theology that appears to be opposed to the Bible:
  • ....for whatsoever is not of faith is sin. (Rom. 14:23b)

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. (Heb. 11:6)

But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. (James 1:6-7)

And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them. And he marvelled because of their unbelief. And he went round about the villages, teaching. (Mark 6:5-6)
There are soooooo many more, but this should be enough to show the casual observer that Ed and the Bible are opposed to one another. God does not force His blessings on anyone. As C. H. Spurgeon once said, faith is the hand that receives the blessing from God. Therefore God certainly needs our faith. Faith or lack of it has nothing to do with God's omnipotence, but whether He can exercise His omnipotence in a person's life without violating their free-will.

Never said a thing that faith isn't needed. I said if God said that is all that is needed for it to be true. If God conditioned by saying man must believe in it then that is true also and faith would come into play.

However when God declared Himself God it did not require any faith on anyone's part to make it so.

That my friend is basic theology 101 and you should know it.

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

cpbeller wrote:to answer your question, Rocky...

Ed cannot ever be wrong, and we cannot ever be right...so he must argue with everything we ever say...ever...
It is not a matter of you being right or of me being right it is a matter of what did scripture say. Did say what victorydub said it did? NO! So what is the problem?

victoryword

Post by victoryword »

Justaned wrote:Never said a thing that faith isn't needed. I said if God said that is all that is needed for it to be true. If God conditioned by saying man must believe in it then that is true also and faith would come into play.
True, but you said this in reference to a disagreement that a pastor had on the statement of Chris' t-shirt which said, "God said it, I Believe it, and that Settles It". Chris was not saying that God's Word is untrue apart from believing it, however, faith is needed for it to become personal truth to each individual. 1 John 5:10 says, "....he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son."

Therefore, you're argument against the statement was saying that faith is not needed regardless of how you now want to spin this after I have shown you Scripture opposing your view.
Justaned wrote:However when God declared Himself God it did not require any faith on anyone's part to make it so.

That my friend is basic theology 101 and you should know it.
God does not declare Himself God in order to build His own ego. Every declaration that God makes is meant to be received by the hearers of His declaration as truth. What God said may be true but it has no meaning to the one who refuses to believe it. The one who does believe it will then declare, as SMITH WIGGLESWORTH, a Pentecostal pioneer did, "God said it, I believe it, that settles it." It always amazes me how those of you who are AG go against your own heritage of faith and disdain your own pioneers.

http://books.google.com/books?id=Moqz-x ... th&f=false

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Justaned wrote:
cpbeller wrote:to answer your question, Rocky...

It is not a matter of you being right or of me being right it is a matter of what did scripture say. Did say what victorydub said it did? NO! So what is the problem?
Ed I am going to ask the same question that Leon asked
What does it say that Troy missed?