Dake Bible Discussion BoardThought Provoking OSAS

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Rocky

Re: Thought Provoking OSAS

Post by Rocky »

Justaned wrote:
Unity is unity what you call it is not as important as the unity itself.
Think about this, what if the religious reformers had stuck with their plan and not allowed the political wantabe's get involved.

Is it possible the Catholic church could have been reformed without dividing it, without destroying that good that it did contain?
I believe it could have been
. I also believe much to the dismay of most Protestants and most Catholics that percentage wise there will be as many Catholics in Heaven as there are Protestants.
Brother I see you don't know much about being catholic. The Roman Catholic church will not change from the inside or be reformed, there is no chance of that happening. And I do believe there are born again Catholics, But usually those that are end up leaving the church. The theology, with the exception of the deity of Christ and the trinity is so unbiblical I just don't know how many they actually are. You see in Catholicism you don't get saved you get indoctrinated. There is no such thing as being born again unless you observe the sacraments. But first you have to go to classes for about 6-8 weeks, and then go to confession so you can take the eucharist, then wait till Easter so you can be baptized and then only then you might make it into heaven and if you did not do enough or missed confession when you die can go to purgatory and get purified so you can go to heaven. My family(parents are catholic). I was raised in it for the most part. There is no way the Roman church will ever change their beliefs and theology. Now I admit there were some cons to the reformation but without out it we would all still be roman catholic. You may need to study Catholicism before you think that the church will ever changed its beliefs, and that the reformation is completely a bad thing. You are you assuming a lot here, like I said I was raised in it, And I can tell you some stories that's for sure..

Reuben
Pray Always with All Perseverance for All Saints

Post by Reuben »

Rocky, I didn't know you were Catholic when I wrote the last post... so you know well what I was saying. This has been my thoughts as well concerning Ed's view of Catholicism over the years that he doesn't know Catholicism very well. I was not raised as you were but I knew people very very well who were devoted Catholics and they shared their belief system with me over the years. Like I said in the last post - after investigating their catechisms etc - it leaves no mistake why Catholics believe what they believe - its what they're taught. Thank you for your insight.

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

Well see my ignorance is showing again according to you and Reuben. So be it.
However I have never met a person that has come out of a church/denomination/theology and has gotten saved afterwards that hasn't said how terrible their last stop was.

Example I was born and raised EUB which became Methodist. I was saved in Methodist church yet I have met people that now attending somewhere else that will wear you can not be really saved in the Methodist church. Why because they weren't. The problem had to be the church not that Holy Spirit hadn't quickened their heart yet to hear the truth.

As for the 6-8 weeks of indoctrination you mentioned Rocky that is called Catechism. First it is given to mostly to kids and being kids they tend to treat it like they do anything that takes them away from what they really want to do.

However if you read over Catholic Catechism you will find little you can disagree with if you fully read it. Sure there are some things but I defy you to find another document that complex, that complete, written on the subject of religious beliefs that your fully agree with. Case in point most people will say the don't fully agree with Dake on every thing he wrote in the DARB.

You guys are probably right I don't know about Catholics and we should storm their church doors drag them out and kill the heretics. We sure don't want no filthy Catholics smelling up heaven that is for sure. Thanks guys you showed me the way.
Last edited by Justaned on Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

Incidentally you proved my point on unity.
You are convinced that the Catholic Church is filled with heresies. You believe all Calvinist are heretics. You sure don't like Baptist or Presbyterians. And all OSAS are the lost boys of religion. Anyone that baptizes a baby is heretic. And people that say creeds are deceived.

While the Catholics are certain that if you are Protestant you will never make it to heaven. The Baptist believe anyone that speaks in tongues is used of Satan. Lutheran as sure everyone but them doesn't understand grace. And Presbyterians think anyone that doesn't hold to Calvins tulip is lost.

Net result - total disunity within the body of Christ.

Incidentally I'm equally concerned about the heresies I see in the WOF and Catholic, Calvinist, Arminianist, Pentecostalist, everyone else that claims to be in the body of Christ and points fingers at what should be their brethren and says you aren't going to heaven.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Justaned wrote:Incidentally you proved my point on unity.
You are convinced that the Catholic Church is filled with heresies. You believe all Calvinist are heretics. You sure don't like Baptist or Presbyterians. And all OSAS are the lost boys of religion. Anyone that baptizes a baby is heretic. And people that say creeds are deceived.

While the Catholics are certain that if you are Protestant you will never make it to heaven. The Baptist believe anyone that speaks in tongues is used of Satan. Lutheran as sure everyone but them doesn't understand grace. And Presbyterians think anyone that doesn't hold to Calvins tulip is lost.

Incidentally I'm equally concerned about the heresies I see in the WOF and Catholic, Calvinist, Arminianist, Pentecostalist, everyone else that claims to be in the body of Christ and points fingers at what should be their brethren and says you aren't going to heaven.
Hi Ed,

That is if you assume that the Catholic Church is part of the "body of Christ."

Go back a few years and you would find that the Catholic Church was not considered Christian.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note
Justaned

Post by Justaned »

bibleman wrote:

Hi Ed,

Go back a few years and you would find that the Catholic Church was not considered Christian.
What about the baptist that are sure you are filled with Satan because you speak in tongues, or the OSAS people you say believe a lie from the pit, or ....?

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:

Hi Ed,

What about the baptist that are sure you are filled with Satan because you speak in tongues, or the OSAS people you say believe a lie from the pit, or ....?
Well,

That is why everyone needs a Dake Bible! +goofy

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note
Justaned

Post by Justaned »

bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:

Hi Ed,

Well,

Okay
So where were you doing the Reformation? :changes:

scottae316
Wrestle Against Spiritual Wickedness in High Places

Post by scottae316 »

bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:

Hi Ed,

Well,

Leon,

Really, everyone needs a Dake Bible??? I guess the Bible and the Holy Spirit needed help??? +wink

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Reuben wrote:Rocky, I didn't know you were Catholic when I wrote the last post... so you know well what I was saying. This has been my thoughts as well concerning Ed's view of Catholicism over the years that he doesn't know Catholicism very well. I was not raised as you were but I knew people very very well who were devoted Catholics and they shared their belief system with me over the years. Like I said in the last post - after investigating their catechisms etc - it leaves no mistake why Catholics believe what they believe - its what they're taught. Thank you for your insight.
Hi Reuben I never converted to Catholicism growing up. My parents are devoted Catholics so my dad and I have debated and studied a lot together, So in a way I am educated in it and have been taught a lot about its history and theology growing up. I actually own a catechisms and a catholic bible, And have read both. At one time I almost converted, But I believe the Lord for whatever reason helped me stay clear of it.