Dake Bible Discussion BoardSome questions for all those that say God isn't in control

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Some questions for all those that say God isn't in control

Post by Justaned »

If God is no more than a bemused spectator of things that transpire on earth why do you pray to God for God to change things?

Joseph's brother wanted to kill him they sold him into slavery and he experience many things. Yet when the time came he was in the right place at exactly the right time. Was this coincidence? Or was it God?

Is it being double minded to believe man or Satan is in control but still pray to God for God to change things?

IF we are all healed at the cross why do we still pray for healing? Shouldn't we just accept it and be done with it? Why pray for God to heal us? According to to many physical healing was provided at that cross for all and we are already healed. So why is more prayer required?

If a person has a car wreak and lives we praise God but if they died then we say Satan did it. If God has no power how did he save the person from being killed?

Please give thoughtful intelligent answers for your belief that God isn't in control in these situations.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Some questions for all those that say God isn't in contr

Post by branham1965 »

:angel: :angel: AMEN REVED.
GOD INHABITS ETERNITY.ISAIAH 57:15.
CAN ANY HIDE HIMSELF IN SECRET PLACES THAT I SHALL NOT SEE HIM SAITH THE LORD.DO NOT I FILL THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH SAITH THE LORD. JER 23:24.SEE PSALM 139:7-11.
HE SEES ALL HEBREWS 4:13.HE HEARS EVERY WORD PSALM 139:4.DARKNESS HIDES NOTHING FROM THE LORD PSALM 139:12.HE IS THE SOURCE OF ALL KNOWLEDGE AND WISDOM ROMANS 11:33.
HE SEES THE PAST AND FUTURE ISAIAH 42:9.END FROM BEGINNING ISAIAH 46:10.HE KNOWS EVERY SECRET DANIEL 2:2.HE HAS ALL POWER 1 CHRONICLES 29;12.HE CAN DO ALL THINGS JOB 42:2 JOB SAID I KNOW THAT THOU CANST DO EVERYTHING AND THAT NO THOUGHT CAN BE WITHHOLDEN OF THEE.MATTHEW 19:26.

Justaned wrote:If God is no more than a bemused spectator of things that transpire on earth why do you pray to God for God to change things?

Joseph's brother wanted to kill him they sold him into slavery and he experience many things. Yet when the time came he was in the right place at exactly the right time. Was this coincidence? Or was it God?

Is it being double minded to believe man or Satan is in control but still pray to God for God to change things?

IF we are all healed at the cross why do we still pray for healing? Shouldn't we just accept it and be done with it? Why pray for God to heal us? According to to many physical healing was provided at that cross for all and we are already healed. So why is more prayer required?

If a person has a car wreak and lives we praise God but if they died then we say Satan did it. If God has no power how did he save the person from being killed?

Please give thoughtful intelligent answers for your belief that God isn't in control in these situations.

macca
After the Holy Ghost Has Come Upon You, Ye Shall Be My Witnesses

Post by macca »

Praise God! Isn't good that God is in control!!!
I'll just go out and hang myself and praise God that He is in control of what ever i am doing... yippee

You know what? I am going down to the school and kill as many children as i can because God is in control and wants me to do it! Halalujah kill kill kill yahoo

I am going to strap a nail bomb to my body and blow up a bunch of strangers for the glory of God. Why? bacause God is in control.

Rat bag :-|

macca

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

THATS really not nice.

macca wrote:Praise God! Isn't good that God is in control!!!
I'll just go out and hang myself and praise God that He is in control of what ever i am doing... yippee

You know what? I am going down to the school and kill as many children as i can because God is in control and wants me to do it! Halalujah kill kill kill yahoo

I am going to strap a nail bomb to my body and blow up a bunch of strangers for the glory of God. Why? bacause God is in control.

Rat bag :-|

macca

tomas555
Hosea

Post by tomas555 »

And now you are under surveillance macca.

But you are right, it is more a matter of a free will. And car accidents? Usually physics and man factor. Tornadoes comes out hot and cold air over the ocean and we can go on and on and on.

Jesus Himself commanded the storm to calm down and then He is our ultimate example for living. Let's imitate Him like Paul and others did. Don't buy into this Calvinistic lie.

Tomas

macca
After the Holy Ghost Has Come Upon You, Ye Shall Be My Witnesses

Post by macca »

These backwood dumb heads make me mad Tomas, They flaunt this evil doctrine about slandering God and siding up to the devil in his fight to destroy us all.

As if we haven't got enough to contend with without our so called brothers in Christ trying to undermine our foundation in Jesus.

crazy dumb :neutral:

macca

frad70

Post by frad70 »

We need to understand that there are two wills that are opposed to each other at all times. One is the will of God and one is the will of the devil. The devil wants to kill, steal and destroy. Some misinformed believers think that if God used a tragedy He willed for it to happen. He did NOT! E.g. someone commits a crime and gets saved in prison. Was committing that crimeHis will? No, it wasn't.

God USES what happened even if it was NEVER His will. If you get married, divorced and HAPPILY remarried the whole chain of events was NOT IN ITS ENTIRETY His will, some elements of it perhaps were and He certainly will bless your marriage even if it's not your first one (of course you cannot be 'married' to someone who is the same sex you are etc.)

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

frad70 wrote:We need to understand that there are two wills that are opposed to each other at all times. One is the will of God and one is the will of the devil. The devil wants to kill, steal and destroy. Some misinformed believers think that if God used a tragedy He willed for it to happen. He did NOT! E.g. someone commits a crime and gets saved in prison. Was committing that crimeHis will? No, it wasn't.

God USES what happened even if it was NEVER His will. If you get married, divorced and HAPPILY remarried the whole chain of events was NOT IN ITS ENTIRETY His will, some elements of it perhaps were and He certainly will bless your marriage even if it's not your first one (of course you cannot be 'married' to someone who is the same sex you are etc.)
Hi frad70,

Well according to Ed since God is in control then of course if you married a person of the same sex God would would still be in control. Since God is in control according to Ed then that would be His will.

That it the crock as Ed wold say!

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

Why do you all refuse to answer direct questions?

No one is saying we don't have free will. Being in control does not mean you must micro manage everything. Only that you are aware of everything. God is all knowing. And that God being God is able to incorporate that knowledge into His overall plan.

Now perhaps instead of telling me what is wrong with me and etc. you will answer the questions. I would like to hear your answers and the logic you use.

tomas555
Hosea

Post by tomas555 »

Please read or listen to this guy, he'll explain a lot. ;)

http://www.awmi.net/extra/article/sovereignty_god

Tomas