Dake Bible Discussion BoardWhere will Ananias and Sapphira spend eternity?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Re: Where will Ananias and Sapphira spend eternity?

Post by macca »

Justaned wrote:
fatherfisher wrote:Maybe part of the reason God reacted the way he did was to make it clear just who the Holy Spirit really is. It may have been that to the disciples, even after Pentecost, the Spirit was still thought of as God's power or influence rather than as God himself? Acts 5 certainly reveals him as a Person who is capable of personal treatment (he can be lied to and tempted) and is, in fact, God.
In the early days of Israel's history, God sometimes really lowered the boom on them when compared to their later history, presumably to set the tone and establish his authority with them early on. Maybe the same kind of thing was happening in the early days of the church. From v.11 it would seem there was a need for a healthy fear of God in the midst of the hey-day of church growth that was taking place.

Would not that same "healthy fear benefit the church today?

How did Ananias lie to the Holy Spirit? He sold the properity kept back some and laid the rest at the Apostles feet. Where did the lie to the Holy Spirit come in? What was he lying about? The amount of money or the fact he would try something like this while claiming to be a Christian? The latter would be more of a lie to the Holy Spirit than the former.

In other words what he punished for impersonating a Christian or holding back money. We know his crime was holding back money.

Why cannot you accept the plain word of God Ed ?.
His sin is lying to the Holy Spirit and as a christian this is death in all its forms.
A non christian is dead anyway so stop trying to convince yourself they were unsaved.

Macca

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

macca wrote:
Justaned wrote:
fatherfisher wrote:Maybe part of the reason God reacted the way he did was to make it clear just who the Holy Spirit really is. It may have been that to the disciples, even after Pentecost, the Spirit was still thought of as God's power or influence rather than as God himself? Acts 5 certainly reveals him as a Person who is capable of personal treatment (he can be lied to and tempted) and is, in fact, God.
In the early days of Israel's history, God sometimes really lowered the boom on them when compared to their later history, presumably to set the tone and establish his authority with them early on. Maybe the same kind of thing was happening in the early days of the church. From v.11 it would seem there was a need for a healthy fear of God in the midst of the hey-day of church growth that was taking place.

Would not that same "healthy fear benefit the church today?

How did Ananias lie to the Holy Spirit? He sold the properity kept back some and laid the rest at the Apostles feet. Where did the lie to the Holy Spirit come in? What was he lying about? The amount of money or the fact he would try something like this while claiming to be a Christian? The latter would be more of a lie to the Holy Spirit than the former.

In other words what he punished for impersonating a Christian or holding back money. We know his crime was holding back money.

Why cannot you accept the plain word of God Ed ?.
His sin is lying to the Holy Spirit and as a christian this is death in all its forms.
A non christian is dead anyway so stop trying to convince yourself they were unsaved.

Macca
Macca
I so accept the word of God. We are told to seek God in all things. I believe the more we know the more we understand about God and that draws us closer to God.

Therefore when my Master does something I try to understand it. Not to approve or disapprove of it but to understand it, so that I understand my Master better.

We see drastic action, I pass no judgement on it or the those involved but I do wonder when I know many do the exact same thing today why we don't see the same result. That fact and that fact alone makes me think I'm not seeing something God was trying to show/teach me in this account. The fact that I may have missed something is what makes me want to understand it better.

Again I'm not questioning God about His(God's) actions I'm asking God to reveal to me something I think God wanted me to see but I missed.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

i agree with you Haz.i know you dont do that.

i would not want to trade places with either of them.
but i agree with you.God judged them.

you got the iron to say you are concerned about yourself.God bless you mate.

Ironman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:NO ONE KNOWS THAT!!!!
WHY THE OBSESSION WITH THE DEAD AND THEIR DESTINY.
THOSE FOLKS ARE DEAD,BURIED AND BONES.
Dont know billy? I'm not obsessed with where the O.T. dead are??

Heres the bloke who seems to be??
"Fri May 31, 2013 5:22 am by Justaned
Where will Ananias and Sapphira spend eternity?
In Acts 5 we find the story of the Ananias and Sapphira. They sold their property and pretended to give all the proceeds to church. Insted they held back some. Which in effect made them liars.
The both were struck dead and carried out the church.

Where do you think they will spend eternity? Why?Top Report this pos tReply with quote."

I asked him, "Where do you think they will spend eternity? and Why?

He got all defensive, and said was getting all huffy?? Suggested I did not know the answer and that he did not expect me to know the answer and he asked?
"What don't you like about this question? If you don't know the answer that is okay I really didn't expect you to. I see no reason to get all huffy about it."
I dont get huffy, thats what some girls do when their eye shadow or lipstick runs. Men dont get all huffy? they get :2gunfire: :snipersmile: +hammer

I replied; "I'm not huffy about anything? They lied to the Holy Spirit, thats sin and they died in their sin and they would be in Hell, but truly, who but they themselves and God would care where they are?

Thats my take on it. I'm more interested in where I will end up rather than where OT people ended up because of what they did or did not do!

davido
Be Strong in the Power of His Might

Post by davido »

branham1965
LET GOD BE THE JUDGE.WHAT WE SAY DOESNT MATTER AT ALL.
THEY FACE THE JUDGEMENT LIKE ALL DO.

victoryword wrote:
I vote "Hell"."Would love to be wrong about that but all of the Biblical evidence seems to support

the fact that they went to hell."

branham is also correct. God is to immense for us to judge others, save our
own relations with the wicked of which we are to not interact with them.

This is an interesting topic however, generally speaking as I intrepet
scripture for myself. I think we have an obligation to react to scripture
for our own household.

Grieving The Holy Spirit is the unpardonable sin.

As I read Deuteronomy's blessings and curses those whom
reject Jesus Christ are not going to inherit the kingdom
of God. God states if a people reject Jesus Christ they're
not to be with Him. I am often overwhelmed on social groups
that when any reference is made to God, people today become
hostile. It would seem we now live in the days of Noah.
That doesn't seem apparent until the subject comes up
and we find so many people are ademate and sensitive about
the subject. Do people today become rude, hostile when
Christianity, the existance of God is mentioned because
they have rejected Jesus Christ and prefer to live like
those at the time of Noah. Jesus in Mark 10 states:
Thou mayest not commit adultery, Thou mayest do no murder,
Thou mayest not steal,
Thou mayest not bear false witness,
Thou mayest not defraud,
Honour thy father and mother.'

Basically Jesus irriterates Deuteronomy that those whom are
not willing to obey will go their way, not with God.
Today we see so many living in adultry, murder rampant,
stealing is not considered wrong, cheating others,
and moreover people do not honor their parents anymore.

As for myself I take the word of God as literal, meaning
he is not joking around. But too if God accepts those whom
do live in adultry, murder, steal, and dishonor their parent
then whats the sense of having made Adam?

I personally come to the conclusion that God created man
to let men decide which way they want to go and go they
will as they obey or do not obey God's ordinances.

As in the days of Noah, those whom did not listen to Noah
no doubt will not inherit eternal life. Today we hear people
become irrate about the very mention of God and I rather
doubt if those whom inherit eternal life would exist with
those whom have rejected God.

I personally believe most people today, will not inherit
eternal live with God, but rather will be rejected, for
thats the whole purpose of this life on earth.

On todays social groups on the internet, there is no group
that actually accepts so much as the mention of God.

These are the common replies to any mention of God on social internet groups:
"This is not the forum for this post.
I didn't say you are wrong or right, rather this simply isn't the forum for your post.
I don't agree with your presentation, however, I respect your belief, since you wish to

follow Christ."

The fellow whom asked for advise replied under cover:

"But nowadays, there is immense hostility to Christianity in Western society.
Not tolerance. Nor is any of this hostility exhibited towards the hate driven faiths that kill for

their god.
I understand your reply, and I must say, satan is real, very very real.
Very few want to believe this, and many other biblical things,
because then they feel they are no longer the arbiters of their own morals. They don't want to live

by the bible, they want their sin.
I have to admit, I was much like that when younger. A feel good, "nice" philosophy, with no rules,

no absolutes, no basis. But as I aged and reality intruded, at least I had a true grounding to

return to...... I have not read the replies to your post but I cringe in anticipation That's why I

am answering off-list. And this is of course, off subject for the list.
Thank you for replying, and taking my questions seriously, as I did not ask them to mock you but in

genuine curiousity.. Be good, God bless"

So this is the usual customary today of people on social networking.
Like the days of Noah. The man who appreciated my reply to him stated:
"they feel they are no longer the arbiters of their own morals. They don't want to live by the

bible, they want their sin."

Is this not exactly what God was referring to in Deuteronomy, of those
that would be cursed. How can one be cursed on earth by God and not
eternally?

Since the senerio of any mention of God on social networks today is considered
wrong by the norms of the general collective population, we can make a determination
we're as in the days of Noah, can we not? On what news comment section of the
numerous comments do we see comments generally favorable towards God? A few
but primarily they are anti-God, anti-christ.

The question is would God tell us to follow Him and then put us in heaven
with those whom would murder us, steal from us. I don't think we shall have
to put up with the unrighteous eternally, for then what purpose was Adam
and Eve all about.

Mark 10:17-31
Young's Literal Translation (YLT)
17 And as he is going forth into the way, one having run and having kneeled to him, was questioning

him, `Good teacher, what may I do, that life age-during I may inherit?'
18 And Jesus said to him, `Why me dost thou call good? no one [is] good except One -- God;
19 the commands thou hast known: Thou mayest not commit adultery, Thou mayest do no murder, Thou

mayest not steal, Thou mayest not bear false witness, Thou mayest not defraud, Honour thy father

and mother.'
20 And he answering said to him, `Teacher, all these did I keep from my youth.'
21 And Jesus having looked upon him, did love him, and said to him, `One thing thou dost lack; go

away, whatever thou hast -- sell, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven, and

come, be following me, having taken up the cross.'
22 And he -- gloomy at the word -- went away sorrowing, for he was having many possessions.
23 And Jesus having looked round, saith to his disciples, `How hardly shall they who have riches

enter into the reign of God!'
24 And the disciples were astonished at his words, and Jesus again answering saith to them,

`Children, how hard is it to those trusting on the riches to enter into the reign of God!
25 It is easier for a camel through the eye of the needle to enter, than for a rich man to enter

into the reign of God.'
26 And they were astonished beyond measure, saying unto themselves, `And who is able to be saved?'
27 And Jesus, having looked upon them, saith, `With men it is impossible, but not with God; for all

things are possible with God.'

As for myself, I believe God is not fooling around, but going
back to the creation of angels, the falling away of Lucifer and
those angels that defied God, we know they're going to the lake
of fire.

Deuteronomy 28 blessing
9 `Jehovah doth establish thee to Himself for a holy people, as He hath sworn to thee, when thou

keepest the commands of Jehovah thy God, and hast walked in His ways;

Deuteronomy 28:15-68
15 `And it hath been, if thou dost not hearken unto the voice of Jehovah thy God to observe to do

all His commands, and His statutes, which I am commanding thee to-day, that all these revilings

have come upon thee, and overtaken thee:
16 `Cursed [art] thou in the city, and cursed [art] thou in the field.
17 `Cursed [is] thy basket and thy kneading-trough.
18 `Cursed [is] the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy land, increase of thine oxen, and

wealth of thy flock.
19 `Cursed [art] thou in thy coming in, and cursed [art] thou in thy going out.
20 `Jehovah doth send on thee the curse, the trouble, and the rebuke, in every putting forth of thy

hand which thou dost, till thou art destroyed, and till thou perish hastily, because of the evil of

thy doings [by] which thou hast forsaken Me.

Luke 17:26
Young's Literal Translation
'And, as it came to pass in the days of Noah, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of Man;