Dake Bible Discussion BoardWhere will Ananias and Sapphira spend eternity?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
User avatar
Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4063
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:19 pm

Where will Ananias and Sapphira spend eternity?

Post by Justaned » Thu May 30, 2013 2:52 pm

In Acts 5 we find the story of the Ananias and Sapphira. They sold their property and pretended to give all the proceeds to church. Insted they held back some. Which in effect made them liars.
The both were struck dead and carried out the church.

Where do you think they will spend eternity? Why?



User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 2874
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Where will Ananias and Sapphira spend eternity?

Post by Ironman » Thu May 30, 2013 5:32 pm

Justaned wrote:In Acts 5 we find the story of the Ananias and Sapphira. They sold their property and pretended to give all the proceeds to church. Insted they held back some. Which in effect made them liars.
The both were struck dead and carried out the church.

Where do you think they will spend eternity? Why?
They deliberately planned this and lied to the Holy Spirit. For this they lost their physical lives. Its not anyones business where God sent them after death. Thats between them and God.


Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

User avatar
Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4063
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:19 pm

Re: Where will Ananias and Sapphira spend eternity?

Post by Justaned » Thu May 30, 2013 7:35 pm

Ironman wrote:
Justaned wrote:In Acts 5 we find the story of the Ananias and Sapphira. They sold their property and pretended to give all the proceeds to church. Insted they held back some. Which in effect made them liars.
The both were struck dead and carried out the church.

Where do you think they will spend eternity? Why?
They deliberately planned this and lied to the Holy Spirit. For this they lost their physical lives. Its not anyones business where God sent them after death. Thats between them and God.

What don't you like about this question? If you don't know the answer that is okay I really didn't expect you to. I see no reason to get all huffy about it.



User avatar
macca
Dake VIP Member
Dake VIP Member
Posts: 1224
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:37 am
Location: australia

Re: Where will Ananias and Sapphira spend eternity?

Post by macca » Thu May 30, 2013 8:27 pm

According to Revlation chapters 21-22; they are outside the kingdom of God.

Hell is the answer

Macca



brodave
Stand Therefore, Having Your Loins Girt About With Truth
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:14 am

Re: Where will Ananias and Sapphira spend eternity?

Post by brodave » Thu May 30, 2013 9:28 pm

If you die in sin you go to hell. Revelation 21:8 liars go to hell. It is our business where they went. That's the problem with Pentecostals today they warn people if you live in sin you go to hell. Red 1Cor. chapter 5 .



User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 2874
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Where will Ananias and Sapphira spend eternity?

Post by Ironman » Thu May 30, 2013 11:25 pm

Justaned wrote:
Ironman wrote:
Justaned wrote:In Acts 5 we find the story of the Ananias and Sapphira. They sold their property and pretended to give all the proceeds to church. Insted they held back some. Which in effect made them liars.
The both were struck dead and carried out the church.

Where do you think they will spend eternity? Why?
They deliberately planned this and lied to the Holy Spirit. For this they lost their physical lives. Its not anyones business where God sent them after death. Thats between them and God.

What don't you like about this question? If you don't know the answer that is okay I really didn't expect you to. I see no reason to get all huffy about it.
I'm not huffy about anything? They lied to the Holy Spirit, thats sin and they died in their sin and they would be in Hell, but truly, who but they themselves and God would care where they are?


Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

User avatar
Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4063
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:19 pm

Re: Where will Ananias and Sapphira spend eternity?

Post by Justaned » Fri May 31, 2013 10:31 am

I think some of you may be missing my question. Anania and Sapphira lied that is fact. The died that also is fact.

While they died physically did they also died spiritually or did the Holy Spirit take their mortal life before they could lose their spiritual life.

Someone said they were liars and scripture says there will be no liars in Heaven.

Okay a little old lady walks into the church with a hideous hat, someone tells her how nice she looks today. They lied. At that moment they die of a heart attack, stray bullet, church falling down you name it but they die at that moment. Are they prevented from goign to heaven? They lied they are liars.

What about the guy that runs the red light, he lied saying he had the right away. A car from cross steed that has the green light hits him and kills him.
He lied does that prevent him from going to heaven? He lied in the fact he went through the red light.

I don't think in either of these cases salvation is lost.

And with that in mind I wonder why God took such drastic action with Ananias and Sapphira.

Was it to teach the early church a lesson?

Was it to prevent Ananias and Sapphira from losing their salvation. Much like Paul was doing when he said he turned Hymenaeus and Alexander over to Satan so that they would learn?



User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 5951
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: Where will Ananias and Sapphira spend eternity?

Post by branham1965 » Fri May 31, 2013 12:29 pm

THIS ILLUSTRATES the absolute absurdity of man trying to play GOD.

GOD IS JUDGE ,JURY AND EXECUTIONER.

IVE HEARD PREACHERS PONTIFICATE HE OR SHE IS IN HELL haw haw haw haw haw.

ITS BEST TO LEAVE THAT TO GOD.



victoryword
Dake VIP Member
Dake VIP Member
Posts: 997
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:28 am
Contact:

Re: Where will Ananias and Sapphira spend eternity?

Post by victoryword » Fri May 31, 2013 1:03 pm

I vote "Hell".

Would love to be wrong about that but all of the Biblical evidence seems to support the fact that they went to hell.

THough I am sure that Anannias and Sapphira were OSAS :mrgreen:



User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 5951
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: Where will Ananias and Sapphira spend eternity?

Post by branham1965 » Fri May 31, 2013 2:21 pm

LET GOD BE THE JUDGE.WHAT WE SAY DOESNT MATTER AT ALL.
THEY FACE THE JUDGEMENT LIKE ALL DO.


victoryword wrote:I vote "Hell".

Would love to be wrong about that but all of the Biblical evidence seems to support the fact that they went to hell.

THough I am sure that Anannias and Sapphira were OSAS :mrgreen:



Post Reply