Dake Bible Discussion BoardThank God for a know so salvation!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Post Reply
User avatar
bibleman
Administrator
Posts: 2840
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 1998 5:23 pm
Location: South Carolina
Contact:

Re: Thank God for a know so salvation!

Post by bibleman » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:25 pm

Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:HEY REVED
THE TRUTH HAS NOTHING TO FEAR FROM AN OPEN INVESTIGATION a very dear Preacher friend once told me.
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote: OK Ed<

So you don't have the evidence.

I thought not.
I gave you my evidence. Did you examine it? Did you even look at it?
No you just want to say I don't have any evidence. I gave you a whole book full of eividence and you refuse to read it, study it and prove the evidence contained within it is wrong.
I agree with you here Billy,

If Ed will provide the page number... Well I am waiting... have the book on my desk right now.... just waiting...

Ed, What page is this example on: "Example if you fall down and break your leg, the leg isn't really broken until you or someone that witnesses the event says your leg is broke. At that point the actual broken leg is then manifested."

Ed said: "I know what WOF teaches I also know that is exactly what WOF believes after the onion is peeled all the way back."

Ed. Could you please give me the page number?
Bibleman
Metaphysical side of WOF is very complex. I didn't give a quote I gave a very over simplified illustration of the concept of Metaphysics as taught by Word of Faith.

You then asked for evidence. I gave you a whole book that detailed exactly how W0F and Metaphysics was blended together. Within the book are many quotes given by leading Word of Faith Teachers. So if you want to really understand what I'm talking about you need to read the Book.
Have you looked at any of the internet links I gave?
Hi ed,

I have the book... I have read the book...

I have never saw this in the book: "Example if you fall down and break your leg, the leg isn't really broken until you or someone that witnesses the event says your leg is broke. At that point the actual broken leg is then manifested."

If you don't have the page number then I guess that was just a figment of your imagination.

Maybe if you keep saying it is in the book... it will magically appear! (SMILE)


God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

cpbeller
Dake VIP Member
Dake VIP Member
Posts: 294
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:35 pm

Re: Thank God for a know so salvation!

Post by cpbeller » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:33 pm

There was a time a number of years ago I looked into it. And you know what I found? That joker, just like every other heresy hunter out there (which, you seem to be taking such pride and joy in, by the way) takes about every qoute they ever give out of context. For someone who claims they are not treated fairly on these boards, and for one who claims he is constantly taken out of context...I would think you would be wary of baseless accusations. But, I see that once again, when it comes to you, all bets are off.

You have an axe to grind with every WoF person around...that is a known fact, Ed. And it does not matter who tells you what, "You are the correct one, you are the one that knows it all". Honestly, it is a joke talking to you about this stuff...but, I am bored.

You toss out this stuff, then when you are called on it, you claim that you cannot give proof, but that we should all know exactly what you are talking about. Well, tell us. You sit on your heresy hunter throne, tossing around accusations like you do...pointing us to a book (by the way, I thought authors who sold books had no standing with you? This one must be different, though, because you have allied yourself with that garbage) from a very angry, bitter and biased man. There have been more ppl telling you that you are simply wrong, but you puff out your little chest and proclaim your "gospel". Well, again, Ed...you are simply wrong. That is not to say that some WoF ministers have abused the message. There has been...but you like to dump them all in the pot and stirr. Why do you continue to give the catholics the benefit of the doubt, but WoF? No way, no how.

Like I said, Ed...it is nothing more than nonsense that you constantly push. You want to keep telling everyone that to read some stupid biased book that was made to discredit men (and women) of God that you don't like. Of course you are going to like that guy...he is just like you. Full of hatred for ppl that you don't even know.

I did read some of it, by the way. I got sick and tired of reading his accusations, taken out of context. So many heresy hunters go on the attack, willing to wrest the words of a man to fit their own perceptions. You enjoy that, it seems. Dake has come under fire from those very same heresy hunters...do you disagree with them on that point? Or is it again another "not all of them are bad" statement from you?

Tell me something, Ed...why do you jump to the defense of Catholicism, while trashing every other Christian denomination and/or movement around? Why do you feel justified in spreading lies and hatred about preachers such as Kenneth Copeland, Kenneth Hagin, Sr., and a whole host of others...just because you disagree with them? I disagree with you on about everything you ever say...but I am not condemning you to hell out of hatred, either.


DISCLAIMER: Whatever I say or do not say may or may not apply to you based on whether you are or are not a Christian. And whether you are or are not a Christian may or may not be based off of whatever denomination you may or may not be a part of.

User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 2874
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Thank God for a know so salvation!

Post by Ironman » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:44 pm

Hi cpbeller. You asked ed,
"Tell me something, Ed...why do you jump to the defense of Catholicism, while trashing every other Christian denomination and/or movement around? Why do you feel justified in spreading lies and hatred about preachers such as Kenneth Copeland, Kenneth Hagin, Sr., and a whole host of others...just because you disagree with them?"
.

I bet he's a closet catholic, prays the rosary, goes to confession, prays to the dead, believes in trans-substanciation, kneels before statues, makes the sign of the cross and all other such catholic things.

Dont feed the troll!


Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

User avatar
Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4063
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:19 pm

Re: Thank God for a know so salvation!

Post by Justaned » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:01 pm

bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:HEY REVED
THE TRUTH HAS NOTHING TO FEAR FROM AN OPEN INVESTIGATION a very dear Preacher friend once told me.
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote: OK Ed<

So you don't have the evidence.

I thought not.
I gave you my evidence. Did you examine it? Did you even look at it?
No you just want to say I don't have any evidence. I gave you a whole book full of eividence and you refuse to read it, study it and prove the evidence contained within it is wrong.
I agree with you here Billy,

If Ed will provide the page number... Well I am waiting... have the book on my desk right now.... just waiting...

Ed, What page is this example on: "Example if you fall down and break your leg, the leg isn't really broken until you or someone that witnesses the event says your leg is broke. At that point the actual broken leg is then manifested."

Ed said: "I know what WOF teaches I also know that is exactly what WOF believes after the onion is peeled all the way back."

Ed. Could you please give me the page number?
Bibleman
Metaphysical side of WOF is very complex. I didn't give a quote I gave a very over simplified illustration of the concept of Metaphysics as taught by Word of Faith.

You then asked for evidence. I gave you a whole book that detailed exactly how W0F and Metaphysics was blended together. Within the book are many quotes given by leading Word of Faith Teachers. So if you want to really understand what I'm talking about you need to read the Book.
Have you looked at any of the internet links I gave?
Hi ed,

I have the book... I have read the book...

I have never saw this in the book: "Example if you fall down and break your leg, the leg isn't really broken until you or someone that witnesses the event says your leg is broke. At that point the actual broken leg is then manifested."

If you don't have the page number then I guess that was just a figment of your imagination.

Maybe if you keep saying it is in the book... it will magically appear! (SMILE)
Bibleman
I never claimed it to be anything more than a very simiplified illustration. Never. And you knew that when you started all this show me evidence.

Now if you have read the book perhaps you would give us a clear illustration of what the author says Word of Faith is.



User avatar
Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4063
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:19 pm

Re: Thank God for a know so salvation!

Post by Justaned » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:07 pm

cpbeller wrote:There was a time a number of years ago I looked into it. And you know what I found? That joker, just like every other heresy hunter out there (which, you seem to be taking such pride and joy in, by the way) takes about every qoute they ever give out of context. For someone who claims they are not treated fairly on these boards, and for one who claims he is constantly taken out of context...I would think you would be wary of baseless accusations. But, I see that once again, when it comes to you, all bets are off.

You have an axe to grind with every WoF person around...that is a known fact, Ed. And it does not matter who tells you what, "You are the correct one, you are the one that knows it all". Honestly, it is a joke talking to you about this stuff...but, I am bored.

You toss out this stuff, then when you are called on it, you claim that you cannot give proof, but that we should all know exactly what you are talking about. Well, tell us. You sit on your heresy hunter throne, tossing around accusations like you do...pointing us to a book (by the way, I thought authors who sold books had no standing with you? This one must be different, though, because you have allied yourself with that garbage) from a very angry, bitter and biased man. There have been more ppl telling you that you are simply wrong, but you puff out your little chest and proclaim your "gospel". Well, again, Ed...you are simply wrong. That is not to say that some WoF ministers have abused the message. There has been...but you like to dump them all in the pot and stirr. Why do you continue to give the catholics the benefit of the doubt, but WoF? No way, no how.

Like I said, Ed...it is nothing more than nonsense that you constantly push. You want to keep telling everyone that to read some stupid biased book that was made to discredit men (and women) of God that you don't like. Of course you are going to like that guy...he is just like you. Full of hatred for ppl that you don't even know.

I did read some of it, by the way. I got sick and tired of reading his accusations, taken out of context. So many heresy hunters go on the attack, willing to wrest the words of a man to fit their own perceptions. You enjoy that, it seems. Dake has come under fire from those very same heresy hunters...do you disagree with them on that point? Or is it again another "not all of them are bad" statement from you?

Tell me something, Ed...why do you jump to the defense of Catholicism, while trashing every other Christian denomination and/or movement around? Why do you feel justified in spreading lies and hatred about preachers such as Kenneth Copeland, Kenneth Hagin, Sr., and a whole host of others...just because you disagree with them? I disagree with you on about everything you ever say...but I am not condemning you to hell out of hatred, either.
Okay you looked into it a number of years ago and you found a joker.
Why? What was quoted in the book that was false? What research have you done that proved the book wrong. What evidence you have that what was said in the book was wrong.

You claimed you looked into it and it was a joke. Okay give us the evidence you found that lead you to that conclusion.

You claims are false what lies have I told about Copeland? What lies about Hagin? If you find them I would like to see them. Because I went a long way out of my way never to mention names. So you made the claim I told lies about these specific people produce the lies.

If you have any evidence at all that this book is a joke I would like to see it.



User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4293
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: Thank God for a know so salvation!

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:52 pm

Justaned wrote:
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
  • Metaphysics (Merriam-Webster)
    • a (1) : a division of philosophy that is concerned with the fundamental nature of reality and being and that includes ontology, cosmology, and often epistemology (2) : ontology 2

      b : abstract philosophical studies : a study of what is outside objective experience
  • Metaphysics (Concise Encyclopedia)
    • Branch of philosophy that studies the ultimate structure and constitution of reality—i.e., of that which is real, insofar as it is real. The term, which means literally “what comes after physics,” was used to refer to the treatise by Aristotle on what he himself called “first philosophy.” In the history of Western philosophy, metaphysics has been understood in various ways: as an inquiry into what basic categories of things there are (e.g., the mental and the physical); as the study of reality, as opposed to appearance; as the study of the world as a whole; and as a theory of first principles. Some basic problems in the history of metaphysics are the problem of universals—i.e., the problem of the nature of universals and their relation to so-called particulars; the existence of God; the mind-body problem; and the problem of the nature of material, or external, objects. Major types of metaphysical theory include Platonism, Aristotelianism, Thomism, Cartesianism (see also dualism), idealism, realism, and materialism.
My best guess is that you're referring to a minor subset of metaphysical theory.
If you have read any of the link I cited you will see they says Metaphysics is hard to define, meaning many things to many people as the philosophy is developed by them. The main point is "What is there" and "What is it like."

Or how did it come into being? Metaphysics often tries to define the power of creation without interjecting the concept that it is solely of God. Man shares into it in effect.
Ed...

I'd recommend giving up using the term metaphysics if you're not using it in the standard sense of the word.



User avatar
Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4063
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:19 pm

Re: Thank God for a know so salvation!

Post by Justaned » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:45 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Justaned wrote:
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
  • Metaphysics (Merriam-Webster)
    • a (1) : a division of philosophy that is concerned with the fundamental nature of reality and being and that includes ontology, cosmology, and often epistemology (2) : ontology 2

      b : abstract philosophical studies : a study of what is outside objective experience
  • Metaphysics (Concise Encyclopedia)
    • Branch of philosophy that studies the ultimate structure and constitution of reality—i.e., of that which is real, insofar as it is real. The term, which means literally “what comes after physics,” was used to refer to the treatise by Aristotle on what he himself called “first philosophy.” In the history of Western philosophy, metaphysics has been understood in various ways: as an inquiry into what basic categories of things there are (e.g., the mental and the physical); as the study of reality, as opposed to appearance; as the study of the world as a whole; and as a theory of first principles. Some basic problems in the history of metaphysics are the problem of universals—i.e., the problem of the nature of universals and their relation to so-called particulars; the existence of God; the mind-body problem; and the problem of the nature of material, or external, objects. Major types of metaphysical theory include Platonism, Aristotelianism, Thomism, Cartesianism (see also dualism), idealism, realism, and materialism.
My best guess is that you're referring to a minor subset of metaphysical theory.
If you have read any of the link I cited you will see they says Metaphysics is hard to define, meaning many things to many people as the philosophy is developed by them. The main point is "What is there" and "What is it like."

Or how did it come into being? Metaphysics often tries to define the power of creation without interjecting the concept that it is solely of God. Man shares into it in effect.
Ed...

I'd recommend giving up using the term metaphysics if you're not using it in the standard sense of the word.
I think the term is appropiate considering the field of study of many of those that are seen as birthing fathers of the Word of Faith. Obviously they molded in their grasp of Metaphysics with their teaching on their theology. Remember I narrowed it down with the metaphysical teaching on things and where do they come from.



User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 5951
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: Thank God for a know so salvation!

Post by branham1965 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:07 pm

Thank you Pastor Bible. :Fade-color Im not getting on anyone here.i just listened to Old Shep by Walter Brennan on youtube. +goofy
but who is the fella with the broken leg??

bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:HEY REVED
THE TRUTH HAS NOTHING TO FEAR FROM AN OPEN INVESTIGATION a very dear Preacher friend once told me.
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote: OK Ed<

So you don't have the evidence.

I thought not.
I gave you my evidence. Did you examine it? Did you even look at it?
No you just want to say I don't have any evidence. I gave you a whole book full of eividence and you refuse to read it, study it and prove the evidence contained within it is wrong.
I agree with you here Billy,

If Ed will provide the page number... Well I am waiting... have the book on my desk right now.... just waiting...

Ed, What page is this example on: "Example if you fall down and break your leg, the leg isn't really broken until you or someone that witnesses the event says your leg is broke. At that point the actual broken leg is then manifested."

Ed said: "I know what WOF teaches I also know that is exactly what WOF believes after the onion is peeled all the way back."

Ed. Could you please give me the page number?



User avatar
bibleman
Administrator
Posts: 2840
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 1998 5:23 pm
Location: South Carolina
Contact:

Re: Thank God for a know so salvation!

Post by bibleman » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:25 am

branham1965 wrote:Thank you Pastor Bible. :Fade-color Im not getting on anyone here.i just listened to Old Shep by Walter Brennan on youtube. +goofy
but who is the fella with the broken leg??

bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:HEY REVED
THE TRUTH HAS NOTHING TO FEAR FROM AN OPEN INVESTIGATION a very dear Preacher friend once told me.
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote: OK Ed<

So you don't have the evidence.

I thought not.
I gave you my evidence. Did you examine it? Did you even look at it?
No you just want to say I don't have any evidence. I gave you a whole book full of eividence and you refuse to read it, study it and prove the evidence contained within it is wrong.
I agree with you here Billy,

If Ed will provide the page number... Well I am waiting... have the book on my desk right now.... just waiting...

Ed, What page is this example on: "Example if you fall down and break your leg, the leg isn't really broken until you or someone that witnesses the event says your leg is broke. At that point the actual broken leg is then manifested."

Ed said: "I know what WOF teaches I also know that is exactly what WOF believes after the onion is peeled all the way back."

Ed. Could you please give me the page number?
Hi Billy,

Who is the fellow with the broken leg???

I don't know Ed won't tell us. I think he is just a figment of Ed's imagination.


God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

cpbeller
Dake VIP Member
Dake VIP Member
Posts: 294
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:35 pm

Re: Thank God for a know so salvation!

Post by cpbeller » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:16 am

Ed...I read the book way back in '96 or '97. Actually, that is not entirely true...I read most of it, then got tired of him making all of his points, taking all of his qoutes out of context, so I threw the book away. And no, I am not going to read it again. I looked up quite a bit of the qoutes he was using, as I had access to several of the tapes, magazines and books (at least from Copeland) that he was attempting to use. He is a liar, and a fraud, based off of that book, which it looks like he now has a "21st Century" edition now, too. Now whenever I hear the name Hank Haanagraf, I simply roll my eyes. His 15 minutes of fame is over, but oddly enough, those same ministers that he attempted to destroy are still going strong, for the most part (Something I am sure you hate to see happen...)

Tell me...why is it ok for Hank to sell a book, but not for the Copelands to sell books?

And you want me to go back through the past number of years to qoute you in your hatred of Copeland, Hagin, and all the other WoF ministers you despise? No thanks...for one thing, back a few years ago, you were real careful to delete all those comments. Now I know why you deleted them: So you can have ppl not be able to "prove" you said something. Pretty smart, there, fella...Not the most honest thing to do, but pretty smart...


DISCLAIMER: Whatever I say or do not say may or may not apply to you based on whether you are or are not a Christian. And whether you are or are not a Christian may or may not be based off of whatever denomination you may or may not be a part of.

Post Reply