Dake Bible Discussion BoardThank God for a know so salvation!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
bibleman
Administrator

Re: Thank God for a know so salvation!

Post by bibleman » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:06 am

Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Justaned wrote:Roger you read a synopsis or summary of what was written in Wikipedia and stopped. There is an aspect of the metaphysics that is equating of man's abilites to accomplish what we consider only God is able to do. Read the definition in total and look for this.
I read 90% of it, Ed, and didn't see what you're talking about.

I suspect that what you're talking about isn't really metaphysics, but something else that you're calling metaphysics.

Please, quote from the Wikipedia article where it says that the primary goal of metaphysics is to employ human abilities to accomplish what only God is able to do.

The Word of Faith folks would say that this is the purpose of the anointing. God on flesh doing through flesh what only God can do.

Thanks.
Roger
No the Wikipedia article does not say metaphysics is defined as "where it says that the primary goal of metaphysics is to employ human abilities to accomplish what only God is able to do."

Metaphysics deals with existence of things and their creation. It focuses on creation of something from nothing. Where did it come from and how did it get there. As you delve deeper into metaphysics you see where man is considered in this process.

Simply said as God spoke creation into existence man through the application of faith can do like wise.

Example if you fall down and break your leg, the leg isn't really broken until you or someone that witnesses the event says your leg is broke. At that point the actual broken leg is then manifested.
Hi Ed,

Your example is NOT WOF.

I have been WOF for over 30 years now and I have never heard that taught by anyone.

Why not pick up a few WOF books and find out for yourself what WOF teaches.
I know what WOF teaches I also know that is exactly what WOF believes after the onion is peeled all the way back.

As I said before many that mistakenly claim to be WOF do not believe this way but that is one of the defining points of WOF. So if you don't believe this way then perhaps you would be better to separate yourself from WOF and begin calling youself a Faith Teacher or Preacher. :mrgreen:
Hi Ed,

Above you said: "Example if you fall down and break your leg, the leg isn't really broken until you or someone that witnesses the event says your leg is broke. At that point the actual broken leg is then manifested."

Then you said: "I know what WOF teaches I also know that is exactly what WOF believes after the onion is peeled all the way back."

OK - I will yield to on this point... IF - IF - IF you produce any of the following.

A book title and page number where that is stated by a WOF author?
A youtube video where that is stated by a WOF minister?
A CD or tape where that is stated by a WOF minister?

Do that AND I will gladly say you are right.

Until then you are just making something up that you WANT and WISH... WOF taught... that of course they do not.

OK lets have the evidence.
I don't have to read the book Christianity is Crisis. It is carefully detailed out.
Do a search on google "Falsehoods of Word of Faith"
You will find all the evidence you want and you can argue with those people.
OK Ed<

So you don't have the evidence.

I thought not.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:07 am

I think what Dad Hagin taught
is FAR FAR FAR DIFFERENT FROM what many claiming to be WOF today.THOSE are the ones i dont care for.He was nothing like these others...in faith or practice.
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Justaned wrote:Roger you read a synopsis or summary of what was written in Wikipedia and stopped. There is an aspect of the metaphysics that is equating of man's abilites to accomplish what we consider only God is able to do. Read the definition in total and look for this.
I read 90% of it, Ed, and didn't see what you're talking about.

I suspect that what you're talking about isn't really metaphysics, but something else that you're calling metaphysics.

Please, quote from the Wikipedia article where it says that the primary goal of metaphysics is to employ human abilities to accomplish what only God is able to do.

The Word of Faith folks would say that this is the purpose of the anointing. God on flesh doing through flesh what only God can do.

Thanks.
Roger
No the Wikipedia article does not say metaphysics is defined as "where it says that the primary goal of metaphysics is to employ human abilities to accomplish what only God is able to do."

Metaphysics deals with existence of things and their creation. It focuses on creation of something from nothing. Where did it come from and how did it get there. As you delve deeper into metaphysics you see where man is considered in this process.

Simply said as God spoke creation into existence man through the application of faith can do like wise.

Example if you fall down and break your leg, the leg isn't really broken until you or someone that witnesses the event says your leg is broke. At that point the actual broken leg is then manifested.
Hi Ed,

Your example is NOT WOF.

I have been WOF for over 30 years now and I have never heard that taught by anyone.

Why not pick up a few WOF books and find out for yourself what WOF teaches.
I know what WOF teaches I also know that is exactly what WOF believes after the onion is peeled all the way back.

As I said before many that mistakenly claim to be WOF do not believe this way but that is one of the defining points of WOF. So if you don't believe this way then perhaps you would be better to separate yourself from WOF and begin calling youself a Faith Teacher or Preacher. :mrgreen:
Hi Ed,

Above you said: "Example if you fall down and break your leg, the leg isn't really broken until you or someone that witnesses the event says your leg is broke. At that point the actual broken leg is then manifested."

Then you said: "I know what WOF teaches I also know that is exactly what WOF believes after the onion is peeled all the way back."

OK - I will yield to on this point... IF - IF - IF you produce any of the following.

A book title and page number where that is stated by a WOF author?
A youtube video where that is stated by a WOF minister?
A CD or tape where that is stated by a WOF minister?

Do that AND I will gladly say you are right.

Until then you are just making something up that you WANT and WISH... WOF taught... that of course they do not.

OK lets have the evidence.

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:09 am

bibleman wrote: OK Ed<

I thought not.
I gave you my evidence. Did you examine it? Did you even look at it?
No you just want to say I don't have any evidence. I gave you a whole book full of eividence and you refuse to read it, study it and prove the evidence contained within it is wrong.

cpbeller
Dake VIP Member
Dake VIP Member

Post by cpbeller » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:18 am

lol..."Christianity in Crisis"? Seriously? That is your big evidence reveal? Pardon me while I go and laugh myself into a coma....

Now I understand why you despise WoF...you learn your hatred from someone that has a book to sell...

DISCLAIMER: Whatever I say or do not say may or may not apply to you based on whether you are or are not a Christian. And whether you are or are not a Christian may or may not be based off of whatever denomination you may or may not be a part of.

cpbeller
Dake VIP Member
Dake VIP Member

Post by cpbeller » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:26 am

"I'm sorry that you were exposed to man's sins by people you should be able to trust. However that does not make the whole denomination bad." - Ed (as qouted from Ed's second reply on this page linked here: http://www.dakebibleboard.com/viewtopic ... &start=120 )

Interesting Ed, that you do not feel the same as you preach...

DISCLAIMER: Whatever I say or do not say may or may not apply to you based on whether you are or are not a Christian. And whether you are or are not a Christian may or may not be based off of whatever denomination you may or may not be a part of.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:29 am

Justaned wrote:

I thought not.
No you just want to say I don't have any evidence. I gave you a whole book full of eividence and you refuse to read it, study it and prove the evidence contained within it is wrong.
Hi Ed,

I have the book.

What page is this example on: "Example if you fall down and break your leg, the leg isn't really broken until you or someone that witnesses the event says your leg is broke. At that point the actual broken leg is then manifested."

You said: "I know what WOF teaches I also know that is exactly what WOF believes after the onion is peeled all the way back."

Could you please give me the page number?

God bless
Leon Bible

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:15 pm

HEY REVED
THE TRUTH HAS NOTHING TO FEAR FROM AN OPEN INVESTIGATION a very dear Preacher friend once told me.
Justaned wrote:

I thought not.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:51 pm

branham1965 wrote:HEY REVED
THE TRUTH HAS NOTHING TO FEAR FROM AN OPEN INVESTIGATION a very dear Preacher friend once told me.
Justaned wrote:

I thought not.
I agree with you here Billy,

If Ed will provide the page number... Well I am waiting... have the book on my desk right now.... just waiting...

Ed, What page is this example on: "Example if you fall down and break your leg, the leg isn't really broken until you or someone that witnesses the event says your leg is broke. At that point the actual broken leg is then manifested."

Ed said: "I know what WOF teaches I also know that is exactly what WOF believes after the onion is peeled all the way back."

Ed. Could you please give me the page number?

God bless
Leon Bible

Justaned

Post by Justaned » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:26 pm

bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:HEY REVED
Justaned wrote:

I thought not.
I agree with you here Billy,

If Ed will provide the page number... Well I am waiting... have the book on my desk right now.... just waiting...

Ed, What page is this example on: "Example if you fall down and break your leg, the leg isn't really broken until you or someone that witnesses the event says your leg is broke. At that point the actual broken leg is then manifested."

Ed said: "I know what WOF teaches I also know that is exactly what WOF believes after the onion is peeled all the way back."

Ed. Could you please give me the page number?
Bibleman
Metaphysical side of WOF is very complex. I didn't give a quote I gave a very over simplified illustration of the concept of Metaphysics as taught by Word of Faith.

You then asked for evidence. I gave you a whole book that detailed exactly how W0F and Metaphysics was blended together. Within the book are many quotes given by leading Word of Faith Teachers. So if you want to really understand what I'm talking about you need to read the Book.
Have you looked at any of the internet links I gave?

Justaned

Post by Justaned » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:44 pm

cpbeller wrote:lol..."Christianity in Crisis"? Seriously? That is your big evidence reveal? Pardon me while I go and laugh myself into a coma....

Now I understand why you despise WoF...you learn your hatred from someone that has a book to sell...
Actually I learned from the the men that were selling WOF. The book merely exposed a lot of what I had seen and already knew. Notice everyone says the Book is a pack of lies but no one has taken the book to court over slander or prejury.
In the book the author carefully provides date/times of quotes or where in the the books it can be found. Have you every bothered to check to see if the the quotes were right? In fact have you even read the book. On what do you base you opinion of the book? Research on your part? Evidence you have that contradicts what is written in the book? Exactly how much time have you spent reading the book and proving the accusations made within the book are false? Have you done any of this or are you just saying things?