Dake Bible Discussion BoardThank God for a know so salvation!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Thank God for a know so salvation!

Post by Justaned »

cpbeller wrote:There are many things Dake clearly teaches in his notes, very clear things he taught, clearly showing exactly what and how he believed when it came to faith, what it is, and how to use it, that Ed, for some reason, continues to constantly ignore, or say that is not what Dake meant.
Once again you haven't a clue what I think or believe yet you always want to put me into some goofy box you constructed and say that represents Ed.

I have never read, seen or heard of Dake making a metaphysical comment that is so common in Word of Faith teachings. And that is why I made the comment I did.

cpbeller
Wield the Sword of the Spirit, Which is the Word of God

Post by cpbeller »

You are right, I do not know what you believe or think, other than what you have posted on these boards. Now, unless you have not been honest and truthful in what you post about your own beliefs, in regards to the teachings of faith, you have made pretty clear what you believe. Again, unless you don't believe what you yourself have written.

But what you have put on these boards about your beliefs on faith, you are in direct contradiction to what Dake taught, according to what Dake wrote. But, maybe Dake is more like you and did not believe the things he himself wrote? I mean, that is what you are saying, right? That you don't even agree with what you write on here?

Here is the thing, Ed...I have read what you say on here about faith. I know what you believe about faith from what you wrote. I also know what Dake believed about faith by reading what he wrote. You two are not even close when it comes to teachings on faith...

DISCLAIMER: Whatever I say or do not say may or may not apply to you based on whether you are or are not a Christian. And whether you are or are not a Christian may or may not be based off of whatever denomination you may or may not be a part of.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Maybe Ed has recieved an epiphany and now knows more than God Himself has revealed to the majority of believers????

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

cpbeller wrote:You are right, I do not know what you believe or think, other than what you have posted on these boards. Now, unless you have not been honest and truthful in what you post about your own beliefs, in regards to the teachings of faith, you have made pretty clear what you believe. Again, unless you don't believe what you yourself have written.

But what you have put on these boards about your beliefs on faith, you are in direct contradiction to what Dake taught, according to what Dake wrote. But, maybe Dake is more like you and did not believe the things he himself wrote? I mean, that is what you are saying, right? That you don't even agree with what you write on here?

Here is the thing, Ed...I have read what you say on here about faith. I know what you believe about faith from what you wrote. I also know what Dake believed about faith by reading what he wrote. You two are not even close when it comes to teachings on faith...

Chris
Not to start a war but frankly I don't think you read what I say you interpret what I say to be in conflict with your position.

I have a definite dislike for Word of Faith that is correct but is not because of their faith it is because of what they have faith in. I have detailed my feelings on Word of Faith many times and if you don't understand that, what can I say?

Word of Faith is ultimately defined from all other Christian theology by the inclusion of Metaphysics. If that aspect is left out then it isn't word of faith but something else. Again if you don't understand that, what can I say?

In my reading of Dake, in my hearing of Dake and from what I have heard others say about Dake I have never known Dake to teach a metaphysical doctrine.
Now I have heard many of YOU claim that Dake was in fact WOF but I assume you don't know exactly what Word of Faith is. What can I say?

You like the idea that it requires faith but many through selective hearing (which is very real and a proven phenomenon) have missed the heart of the teaching which is classic Metaphysical Philosophy. Again if you aren't aware of that what can I say?

So I would suggest in the future before you try to tell me or others what I believe, understand what it is you have associated yourself with.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Justaned wrote: I have a definite dislike for Word of Faith that is correct but is not because of their faith it is because of what they have faith in. I have detailed my feelings on Word of Faith many times and if you don't understand that, what can I say?
Hi Ed,

I have been in the WOF camp for over 30 years now...

AND again and again I have been taught the following passage:

Mark 11:22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.

Do you disagree with the WOF crowd that we should have faith in God?

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote: I have a definite dislike for Word of Faith that is correct but is not because of their faith it is because of what they have faith in. I have detailed my feelings on Word of Faith many times and if you don't understand that, what can I say?
Hi Ed,

I have been in the WOF camp for over 30 years now...

AND again and again I have been taught the following passage:

Mark 11:22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.

Do you disagree with the WOF crowd that we should have faith in God?
That is not a WOF exclusive nor does it fully emcompass or teach WOF theology.

But in answer to your question Yes I believe we must have faith in God.

But it is a faith that trusts in God, that God is who He says He is and that He will do what he desires to accomplish His plan. It is a faith in God that makes all things work to my good because I love him and I'm called to His purpose.

It is not a faith tries to manipulate God.

It is a faith that seeks God because God is worthy of being sought, not for a what's in it for me faith.

I worship God because God first Loved me and He is worthy of praise. I don't worship for what I may get from God.

Mine is that faith of Abraham, isaac and Jacob. It is the faith of David, of Mary and the faith of Paul.

It is not the metaphysical faith of WOF.

cpbeller

Post by cpbeller »

Ed, honestly...what in the world are you even saying? I really don't need an "education" given by you, the one who hates all things WoF. You come on here, making these boastful statements, all encompasing arguements, rounding up every WoF person under your so-called witch-hunt. At least you admit your bias against WoF. I will give you that much.

But this really has nothing to do with WoF, it has everything to do with you coming on here trying to set yourself up to be a martyr, a victim. You are not. All I am saying is that your own statements of what you believe, (and if you don't believe what you are stating, then why are you stating them?) contradicts what Dake taught. WoF or not WoF, I honestly don't even care...I couldn't care less if you were WoF, or even if you hated everyone who associates with WoF (which, you pretty much do, by your tone on this board most times). All of that is irrelevant. My point of contention is simply that you make these claims that you, and only you, know what Dake "really meant" by what he wrote. It goes to the same arguement that you have used that God didn't really mean what He said.

Dakes teachings on faith are very clear. You continue to bring up this "metaphysical" arguement. Did it ever occur to you that you could be the one that is blinded, the one that is delusional, and in your own hatred and bias, you are accusing other Christians of a lie that you have ate up like a kid in a candy store? Just saying...you seem so certain of yourself, that you let accusations fly from the hip, then hide behind your martyr shield when you are called out on it.

Here's the thing, Ed...you directly contradict Dake on many of his teachings..."faith" being only one of them. And no, it is not because we don't truly understand what Dake meant (and thus meaning you do). It is because you simply do not agree with Dake. So please, don't continue to claim martyrdom and victimhood on here...it is not becoming of you.

Ed, you keep saying that I don't know what it is you believe...If that is truly the case, and I can have no knowledge or understanding of what it is you believe based off of what you have written, then perhaps we need to tag everyone of your posts, past, present, and future, with the words: "Don't pay any attention to this man's posts, he doesn't agree with anything he writes"

DISCLAIMER: Whatever I say or do not say may or may not apply to you based on whether you are or are not a Christian. And whether you are or are not a Christian may or may not be based off of whatever denomination you may or may not be a part of.

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

cpbeller wrote:Ed, honestly...what in the world are you even saying? I really don't need an "education" given by you, the one who hates all things WoF. You come on here, making these boastful statements, all encompasing arguements, rounding up every WoF person under your so-called witch-hunt. At least you admit your bias against WoF. I will give you that much.

But this really has nothing to do with WoF, it has everything to do with you coming on here trying to set yourself up to be a martyr, a victim. You are not. All I am saying is that your own statements of what you believe, (and if you don't believe what you are stating, then why are you stating them?) contradicts what Dake taught. WoF or not WoF, I honestly don't even care...I couldn't care less if you were WoF, or even if you hated everyone who associates with WoF (which, you pretty much do, by your tone on this board most times). All of that is irrelevant. My point of contention is simply that you make these claims that you, and only you, know what Dake "really meant" by what he wrote. It goes to the same arguement that you have used that God didn't really mean what He said.

Dakes teachings on faith are very clear. You continue to bring up this "metaphysical" arguement. Did it ever occur to you that you could be the one that is blinded, the one that is delusional, and in your own hatred and bias, you are accusing other Christians of a lie that you have ate up like a kid in a candy store? Just saying...you seem so certain of yourself, that you let accusations fly from the hip, then hide behind your martyr shield when you are called out on it.

Here's the thing, Ed...you directly contradict Dake on many of his teachings..."faith" being only one of them. And no, it is not because we don't truly understand what Dake meant (and thus meaning you do). It is because you simply do not agree with Dake. So please, don't continue to claim martyrdom and victimhood on here...it is not becoming of you.
I don't think I ever claimed martyrdom or victimhood. I did claim that you were not capable of judging me since you really know nothing about me.

I don't recall disagreeing with Dake on faith. Admittedly I do disagree with Dake on a some points of theology.

What I do often disagree with is some of the doctrines that are attributed to Dake by others which as best I can tell Dake never held.

If you don't know what WOF teaches that is your problem not mine and I claim no martyrdom because of it, so I really don't know what you are going on about.

However I have come to expect a tirade from you from time to time. It is like you are trying to start a problem where none exists until you start your tirade.

In an effort to prevent this from happening I will do my best to ignore you. So before you start whinning "Justaned is ignoring me", know I am and for reason.

cpbeller

Post by cpbeller »

You call this a tirade? lol...whatever.

macca
After the Holy Ghost Has Come Upon You, Ye Shall Be My Witnesses

Post by macca »

Now it came to about after these things, that God tested Abraham, and said to him, "Abrham!" And he said, "here i am ".

And He said, "Take now your son, your only son, whom you love, Issac, and go to the land of Moriah; and offer him there as a burnt offering on
one of the mountains of which i will tell you".

So Abraham arose early in the morning and saddled his donkey, and took two of his young men with him and Issac his son;
and he split wood for a burnt offering, and arose and went to the place of which God had told him.

On the 3rd day Abraham raised his eyes and the place from a distance.

And Abraham said to his young men, "stay here with the donkey, and i and the lad will go yonder; and we will worship and return to you".

And Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering and laid it on Issac his son, and took in his hand the fire and the knife. So the 2 of them walked on together.

And Issac spoke to Abraham his father and said, "My father!" and he said, "Here I am my son". And he said, "Behold, the fire and the wood,
but where is the lamb for the burnt offering?"

And Abraham said, 'God will provide for Himself the lamb for the burnt offering, my son". So the 2 of them walked on together.

Then they came to the place that God had told him; and Abraham built the alter there, and arranged the wood, and bound his son Issac, and laid him on the alter on top of the wood.

And Abraham stretched out his hand, and took the knife to slay him.

But the angel of the Lord called to him from heaven, and said, "Abraham, Abraham!" And he said, "Here I am".

And he said, "Do not stretch out your hand against the lad, and do nothing to him; for now i know you fear God, sence you have not withheld your son, your only son, from Me"

Then Abraham raised his eyes and looked, and behold, behind him a ram caught in the thicket by his horns; and Abraham went and took the ram
and offered him up for a burnt offering in the place of his son.

And Abraham called the name of that place The Lord will provide, as it is said to this day, "In the mount of the Lord it will be provided".

Then the angel of the Lord called to Abraham a 2nd time from heaven.

And said,"By myself i have sworn, declares the Lord, because you have done this thing, and have not withheld your son, your only son,

indeed I will gratly bless you, and i will greatly multiply your seed as the stars of the heavens, and the sand which is on the seashore;
and your seed shall possess the gate of their enemies.

And in your seed shall all the nations of the earth shall be blessed, because you obeyed My voice".

So Abraham returned to his young men, and they arose and went together to Beesheba; and Abraham live at Beersheba.

By faith Abraham, when he was tested, offered up Issac; and he who had received the promises was offering up his only begotten son;
to whom it was said, "In Issac your decendants shall be called".
He considered that God was able to raise men even from the dead; from which also he received him back as a type.

Therfore i will believe as my father Abraham has and what my Lord has promised to me He shall fullfill, even though there is no tangible evidence
before me.
I and Abraham are word of faith and we trust what God has said will come to pass as exactly as He has said.

Jesus agrees when He said, " Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad".

macca