Dake Bible Discussion BoardJohn MacArthur ...False Teacher

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
cpbeller
Dake VIP Member
Dake VIP Member

Re: John MacArthur ...False Teacher

Post by cpbeller » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:48 pm

lol...character assassination? If it is character assassination, Ed...you are the one handing me the loaded gun with your own finger on the trigger. You brought up our previous discussion, saying I said something that I did not actually say. Now you say that I shouldn't answer that? Seriously?

DISCLAIMER: Whatever I say or do not say may or may not apply to you based on whether you are or are not a Christian. And whether you are or are not a Christian may or may not be based off of whatever denomination you may or may not be a part of.

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:49 am

cpbeller wrote:lol...character assassination? If it is character assassination, Ed...you are the one handing me the loaded gun with your own finger on the trigger. You brought up our previous discussion, saying I said something that I did not actually say. Now you say that I shouldn't answer that? Seriously?
Where did I mention you? Do you seriously believe you are the only person I communicate with?

That point aside did I paint you in a bad light? No I said someone else said a book that gave exact quotes was a joke so what makes Victorywoods book any different. There is nothing negative about you in this at all. Yet you felt the need to spew your vileness once again.

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:54 am

victoryword wrote:
cpbeller wrote:You know Ed...you misqoute me (not surprising, really). I said his book was a joke because Hero-Hank used qoutes out of context. Get it right the next time you want to try a dig at me, mm-kay?

Ed: "Incidentally I...agree with cessionalism...I...agree with perpetuating half truths and falsehoods....And yes I have corresponded with MacArthur many times on this subject."

Wow...Ed is a cessionist!!?? See, I can make you say anything that I want to...out of context...
Heck, Ed's quotes IN CONTEXT tells me that he is a Calvinist and Cessationist sympathizer. Don't feel bad, many people in Ed's camp quote people out of context (Like Hank Hanegraaff). :shock:
First I didn't quote anyone. Second I only asked your qualifications to write such a book when it became obvious you did not have a full comprehension of the truth. I simply asked what research you did and whether you ever tried to contact MacArthur to see if you had his side of the story right or were you making false accusations.

Now that I see what you are saying about me I can tell you did not research you simply had an axe to grind and you wrote a book and now you are pandering it on this forum as a "public service".

titus213
All Like Sheep Have Gone Astray; Every One to His Own Way

Post by titus213 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:52 am

Macarthur sums up his own view in his commentary on 1 Corinthians, put out by Moody Press:

"The temporary sign gifts were limited to the apostolic age and therefore ceased after that time. Those gifts included miracles, healing, languages, and the interpretation of languages. The purpose of temporary sign gifts was to authenticate the apostolic message as the Word of God, until the time when the Scriptures, His written Word were completed and became self-authenticating".

He DOES believe miracles still take place; he DOES NOT believe the gift of miracles is given to the Church today.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:48 am

fatherfisher wrote:Macarthur sums up his own view in his commentary on 1 Corinthians, put out by Moody Press:

"The temporary sign gifts were limited to the apostolic age and therefore ceased after that time. Those gifts included miracles, healing, languages, and the interpretation of languages. The purpose of temporary sign gifts was to authenticate the apostolic message as the Word of God, until the time when the Scriptures, His written Word were completed and became self-authenticating".

He DOES believe miracles still take place; he DOES NOT believe the gift of miracles is given to the Church today.
yes thats what he openly teaches.
I HAVE THE ESV MACARTHUR STUDY BIBLE.
BUT..... i was very wrong calling him a false teacher.MY LATE PASTOR TAUGHT ME BETTER. :agrue:
but i dont agree with him on some things.
one being WATER Baptism in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ and the Baptism of the Holy Ghost WITH THE EVIDENCE OF SPEAKING IN OTHER TONGUES. :morning: +ummm