Dake Bible Discussion BoardVIDEO: Wealth Inequality in America

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
bibleman
Administrator

Re: VIDEO: Wealth Inequality in America

Post by bibleman » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:35 pm

Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:Bibleman
YOu say you tithe does your church?

Lets us say you get an offering of $1000 does you church give $100 of that to benevolence, missions, widows and orphans?

Before you answer I'm not talking of the an offering where you get
$1000 for the general fund, $500 for the building fund and $200 for the benevolence. And you say we give more we give $200 no

What I'm asking does your church tithe on the first fruit. So in the example above your total sunday moring offering was $1000 general fund + $500 building + $200 benevolence = $1700. Do you then tithe the $170 plus still give the $200 to benevolence for the total giving of $370 or not?

If tithing is good for the individual it is good for the church as a whole.

Oh and we all know you can't take money designated to one fund and use it for another so the $170 has to come from the general fund to be added to the benevolence giving as designated.

Does you church do this? Or do you just preach tithing to you congretation and ignore the principle yourself.

Honest answer here :mrgreen:
Hi Ed,

Of course our church tithes 10% of its total receipts. We have a Tithing fund where all this money goes. PLUS the church has tithed from the very first day - even before I ever received anything from the church as the Pastor.

But back to the point - Why would you NOT sit under Jesus's ministry as he taught tithing?
Bibleman
Again we have gone through this and it is pointless. You want people in bondage so they have to tithe 10% and this was never the intention of the Jesus' teaching.
Hi ec,

So you believe that Jesus put people in bondage?

You are going to a very low extreme just to support greed.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:38 pm

bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:

Lets us say you get an offering of $1000 does you church give $100 of that to benevolence, missions, widows and orphans?

$1000 for the general fund, $500 for the building fund and $200 for the benevolence. And you say we give more we give $200 no

What I'm asking does your church tithe on the first fruit. So in the example above your total sunday moring offering was $1000 general fund + $500 building + $200 benevolence = $1700. Do you then tithe the $170 plus still give the $200 to benevolence for the total giving of $370 or not?

Oh and we all know you can't take money designated to one fund and use it for another so the $170 has to come from the general fund to be added to the benevolence giving as designated.

Does you church do this? Or do you just preach tithing to you congretation and ignore the principle yourself.

Hi Ed,

Of course our church tithes 10% of its total receipts. We have a Tithing fund where all this money goes. PLUS the church has tithed from the very first day - even before I ever received anything from the church as the Pastor.

But back to the point - Why would you NOT sit under Jesus's ministry as he taught tithing?
Bibleman
Again we have gone through this and it is pointless. You want people in bondage so they have to tithe 10% and this was never the intention of the Jesus' teaching.
Hi ec,

No I believe you are. And this is my last comment as any discussion on this subject with you is fruitless.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:47 pm

Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:

Hi Ed,

Bibleman
Hi ec,

No I believe you are. And this is my last comment as any discussion on this subject with you is fruitless.
Hi Ed,

Not a problem, I can understand how you do not want to argue with Jesus and show your rebellion to HIS Word.

Matthew 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:33 pm

Ed
i think we have been friends for ages.we dont seem to agree on some things.but we are friends.

you said in a post about using our Lord's example of going the extra mile giving a coat and so on.

if that is for us today ....then it only follows that the scripture on tithing in Matthew 23:23 is for us today.

if a person is too greedy to tithe they are in grave danger.

dissecting the Bible as some self deluded false teachers have is very very dangerous.it can have eternal consequences.
God gives us both the songs of Moses and the Lamb = both Covenants instituted by Him.
we are under the New.see Hebrews 9-10.we must learn from the old testament see 1 Cor 10.and in both Covenants adding to or taking away from His Word meant :neutral: see Duet 4:2 and Rev 22:18:19

Oh no i see we have been bombed in Boston...

davido
Pray Always with All Prayer in the Spirit

Post by davido » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:58 pm

God will take care of His righteous.

Justaned

Post by Justaned » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:33 pm

branham1965 wrote:Ed
i think we have been friends for ages.we dont seem to agree on some things.but we are friends.

you said in a post about using our Lord's example of going the extra mile giving a coat and so on.

if that is for us today ....then it only follows that the scripture on tithing in Matthew 23:23 is for us today.

if a person is too greedy to tithe they are in grave danger.

dissecting the Bible as some self deluded false teachers have is very very dangerous.it can have eternal consequences.
God gives us both the songs of Moses and the Lamb = both Covenants instituted by Him.
we are under the New.see Hebrews 9-10.we must learn from the old testament see 1 Cor 10.and in both Covenants adding to or taking away from His Word meant :neutral: see Duet 4:2 and Rev 22:18:19

Oh no i see we have been bombed in Boston...
Billy
I know you mean well and I do appreciate you. I never said a person should not give. In fact I have said that scripture teaches us that we are to give. That giving 10% is an excellent starting place and hopefully as God blesses people will be able to give more.

Where I disagree with Bibleman is that Christians have to tithe 10% as God imposed on the Old Testament saints.

New Testament scripture encourages us to be cheerful givers, to be responsible Christians that understand to survive a church must be funded, that we are charged to care for the widows and orphans, that we are to have compassion and to share with others out of our abundance.

However the New Testament talking to Christians does not say that they must tithe, that they must give, that if they don't tithe 10% they are stealing. That is man made rules made by preachers that want to manipulate people into giving.

And let us just say we are to tithe, in the Old Testament is specifically says the tithe must be given to a consecrated Levite priest. Do you know where to find one? I sure don't because there is no way a Levite can be consecrated today. So the whole argument is moot.

davido

Post by davido » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:49 pm

The churches that do not tithe have plenty of money
placing 1st and foremost not to hinder the gospel.
"Seek ye first the kingdom of God and all these other things
shall follow." Priorites are important.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:23 am

When reading my Catholic St.Joseph Bible from my Catholic School as a Freshman in High School when Teddy Roosevelt was in Office ....when i got to the Epistles i noticed how much money and helping the Saints out is mentioned.
i had just gotten saved in Warren.the devil immediately attacked my mind saying its all about money.its money.and just started harassing me.
my Catholic family was going nuts that i was going to a non Catholic Church and was born again.
i now was in a ???? he=my late Pastor he just wanted all my money.
dear God.he saved my life.he never once mentioned money to me ever.
all he ever tried to do was help them all come from darkness into the Light of Jesus Christ.

Tithing to me is a divine imperative.

people can be religious and shout exposit and exegete.........until it hits the sin business in their lives and their fat pocketbooks or billfolds.

Heb 7:8 AND HERE MEN THAT DIE RECEIVE TITHES BUT THERE HE RECEIVETH THEM OF WHOM IT IS WITNESSED THAT HE LIVETH.
Saint Paul says hat Jesus is our Great High Priest.all the Old Testament giving typified the New .Melchizedek was the anti type of the Divine Lord of Glory.The Levitical Priesthood was an antitype of the Greater High Priest the all powerful Lord Jesus Christ.
Robbing Him the Great High Priest of our Profession JESUS CHRIST of His 10%%% in a better Covenant with better Promises ..........

davido

Post by davido » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:12 pm

Scripture has that all men are created equal.
Scripture employes equity also whereas he whom
works has more equity than he whom does not.
The heritage of ones famly weath is their equity.

titus213
All Like Sheep Have Gone Astray; Every One to His Own Way

Post by titus213 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:23 am

Scripture has that all men are created equal.
Scripture employes equity

The Bible does not teach that all men are created equal in terms of "equity". It actually affirms just the opposite.
The only sense in which all men are created equal is that we all come from one original human source (Acts 17.26) in the image of God, and we all are born in a sinful human condition.

There has always been inequality when it comes to wealth. The Bible has always taught both the need for man to work for his wages, and the need for those with more to help those with less.