Dake Bible Discussion BoardGod's role in sickness - Permissive or Causative

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: God's role in sickness - Permissive or Causative

Post by Ironman »

victoryword wrote:
Ironman wrote:My own common sense tells me that the angels that never rebelled with Satan, and are still in Heaven and with God, doing His will dont need saving!!!!!!!! What a load of rubbish, the angels who never rebelled need salvation????? ROFLMGO!
They are still in heaven with God. However, due to Satan's accusations, there is the possibility that some questions needed answering. GOd sets out to do that because He is loving and wants angels and humans to serve Him and worship Him based on TRUTH and not FEAR (being afraid of Him).

Perhaps you believe as Dolph does that God indirectly uses Satan as some policeman. This would mean that God is NOT at war with Satan and his evil forces but that they secretly work for Him. Is that the position you take for why God has not yet thrown Satan in the lake of fire to burn forever?
Hi mate.
I never once believed God is the author of sin sickness or disease. It must be just the way I am because once I learned the truth about God, who He is, what He has done for mankind, His plan for man, His nature, His power, glory and His love for us, I never doubted anything He does or has done in the eternal past. I'm sure the faithfull angels, who have been with Him since before the creation feel the same way and God really has nothing to prove to them at all. I think God, even though Jesus has defeated powers and principalities and made a shew of them in it , has not yet finally dealt with satan because all things must all pan out as it was prophesied by God. Satan was jealous of God and wanted to dethrone Him. He lied about God and some of God's angels, 1 third of them believed these lies and followed satan of their own free will.

I doubt the whole of God faithfull angels who after battle of the invasion of heaven by satan the his followers later said, "Well God we remained faithfull, some of us only just, and some of us feel there are a few questions you better clear up with us. Did you or did you not tell some of the porkies satan was spreading about you?" In my personal opinion dont believe that ever happened and no story book anout the salvation of angels, the unfaithfull or the faithfull will ever convince me of this. Scripture tells me satan and one third of Gods angels rebelled, two thirds of Gods angels remained faithfull. There is not one scripture which teaches me that some remained faithfull but had some doubts which needed explaination after the fact?

If someone told me God was the author of sin sickness and disease I would not believe one word they said. If someone said to me, satan spread lies about God causing the rebellion and God is now busy clearing up any doubt some of His faithfull angels now have, I refuse to believe that as well.

Many on earth believe God does send sickness. I heard a woman on a TV program say God gave her a beautiful healthy child then struck him down with some horriffic disability to teach her a lesson???? As If she was more important in God's eyes than the child was?? She obviously though so! I had a distant relative tell me she hated God because she was allways sick. She never thought to blame her way of life, drugs, alcohol, cigaretts, eating junk food or often not eating at all?? She finally died drowned in her own vomit. Did God cause her to get so drunk that she ended up like this?? No! But many believed He did. Many of her associates believed there was no God at all because of the very same reasons.

God has nothing to prove to me or His faithfull angels. I need to show Him ever day that I believe Him and will endure by remaing faithfull to the end. Thats my humble take on the matter.
Last edited by Ironman on Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

Why hasn't God thrown Satan into the lake of fire by now? Why allow him to continue?

Dake suggests 6 reasons on p.1052 in his teaching on the doctrine of Satan. At least 3 of those reasons have to do with God's purpose in allowing Satan to hassle believers. The other 3 have to do with people in general.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

macca wrote:Well glory to God give me a bucket of sickness Lord and keep me humble.
Take away my health so i know how others feel that have no faith.
Don't let me have too much wealth Lord so i don't get greedy.
Praise God for my thorn in my flesh for i am in good company with Paul.
Whatever happens to me Lord i know it is your will for my good.
Halalujah

Beaten down macca
Yep, ran over a bolt not that long ago day and wrecked a $380 tire, then a few days later smashed the windscreen. A week after that a learner driver rear ended my car and nearly wrote it off. I get the message, God wants me to walk everywhere I go, :mrgreen: +goofy :Fade-color

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

She never thought to blame her way of life, drugs, alcohol, cigaretts, eating junk food or often not eating at all?? . . . Did God cause her to get so drunk that she ended up like this?? No! But many believed He did. Many of her associates believed there was no God at all because of the very same reasons.

This is part of the deception of the nations, I think, that Satan is involved in.

Why blame myself when I can blame God? Even my insurance company calls disasters an "act of God".
Why believe in a personal "devil" when I can just drop the first letter and believe in "evil" and blame THAT on God?
Why not turn things upside down so the one who so loved the world and gave His Son is the cause of all the trouble, and the one who controls the wicked world system is the real Prince?

cpbeller
Wield the Sword of the Spirit, Which is the Word of God

Post by cpbeller »

Haz: God has nothing to prove to me or His faithfull angels.

He also did not have to save you, either...but He did. That is how God is...He goes above and beyond what He MUST do, simply because He loves us.

DISCLAIMER: Whatever I say or do not say may or may not apply to you based on whether you are or are not a Christian. And whether you are or are not a Christian may or may not be based off of whatever denomination you may or may not be a part of.

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

cpbeller wrote:Haz: God has nothing to prove to me or His faithfull angels.

He also did not have to save you, either...but He did. That is how God is...He goes above and beyond what He MUST do, simply because He loves us.
I totally agree, :angel:

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

fatherfisher wrote:Why hasn't God thrown Satan into the lake of fire by now? Why allow him to continue?

Dake suggests 6 reasons on p.1052 in his teaching on the doctrine of Satan. At least 3 of those reasons have to do with God's purpose in allowing Satan to hassle believers. The other 3 have to do with people in general.
Hi mate. I read and know all of the six reasons Dake mentioned. Not one says God had or has to clear up any missgivings or questions with the angels who remained faithfull.

macca
After the Holy Ghost Has Come Upon You, Ye Shall Be My Witnesses

Post by macca »

I had a Baptist Minister say to my face that Psalm, 103 was a personal psalm just for the person that wrote it,,,,IT IS NOT THE WORD OF GOD FOR US????????? :shocked!: :shocked!: :shocked!: :shocked!: :shocked!: :shocked!: :shocked!:

3 John verse 2 is just a greeting nothing more nothing less... not the word of God for anyone else?????

+pieface

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

macca
thank GOD for the Baptists. :angel: Dad Hagin said that.he was Southern Baptist.Brother Branham.he was Missionary Baptist.Reverend Angley was Baptist from North Carolina.
does 3 John 2 teach that everyone is to be rich healthy and free of all troubles????
did he say as your soul prospers...then you will or what did he say??? +wink :scrambleup:
macca wrote:I had a Baptist Minister say to my face that Psalm, 103 was a personal psalm just for the person that wrote it,,,,IT IS NOT THE WORD OF GOD FOR US????????? :shocked!: :shocked!: :shocked!: :shocked!: :shocked!: :shocked!: :shocked!:

3 John verse 2 is just a greeting nothing more nothing less... not the word of God for anyone else?????

+pieface

victoryword
Knock and It Shall Be Opened Unto You

Post by victoryword »

dolph wrote:VW, does it all have to be black or white. Couldn't we say that generally God wants His body to be healthy and blessed but that in some RARE instances God has/does inflict sickness as in some of the verses Ed quoted?

Would you say that Satan's only power or weapon is to lie to us and try to get us to believe his lies? What about symptoms, can he try to put those on us? In such cases we must rebuke the devil and command him to get off God's property in Jesus' name!!

Please don't believe Justaned represents the views of this board. He enjoys playing the contrarian but doesn't bite.

Ed said, we all die someday of some disease. Great confession (not)!! If I'm not raptured, I will exit for Heaven when my heart stops while I'm sleeping.

VW, you said Job didn't sin. Is fear or unbelief a form of sin, because, "what Job feared the most came upon him" ?
Yes, either it is "black or white" or God is a Schizo. I don't see any rare times that God wants us sick just as I don't believe He wants us to sin at rare times. I used to believe that God might directly inflict sickness as a punishment but I have come to understand the Scriptures differently now. Will be working on a book and Bible study that explains all of that. Bu if you read 2 Sam. 24:1 and then interpret it in light of 1 Crhon. 21:1 and James 1:13, you will understand my method for interpreting the type of references that Ed gives.

As far as what Satan can do, Job 2:7, Luke 13:16. and Acts 10:30 as well as numerous passages on demonization explain how Satan is able to inflict sickness. He can lie to the believer into accepting it as coming from God and keep the believer from standing on God's promises to combat sickness.

And no Dolph, I know that Ed does not represent the views of this board. I just have difficulty resisting smacking down Calvinist doctrine no matter where it rears its ugly head :mrgreen: