Dake Bible Discussion Boardsin to have a beard

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Re: sin to have a beard

Post by titus213 »

children who have not yet reached the age of reason have no idea of the law

I agree. And Paul tells us "sin is not imputed when there is no law" (Romans 5.13). I believe that the many passages which inform us that the death of Christ was a ransom for all, providing salvation for the whole world, include those children who die before an age of reason and assure us that Christ's atoning death is applied to them.

stand
John

Post by stand »

For children die before they reach the age of reasoning, or for those who are killed by abortion, obviously they would have no knowledge of Jesus before they die. So when they are judged, what charges can God put on them to make them guilty? Original sins?

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

"For children of two unbelieving parents, nothing has removed them from Adam. I believe that's why they're unclean. Nothing has broken the claim of Original/Ancestral Sin. Nothing has removed them from Adam."

Jesus Christ's death and resurrection has removed innocent children and babies who die from Adam.You say so your self at the end of your post!

"For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive." (1 Cor. 15:22).

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

"In other words, you want me to do what you're doing?

To me, saying that the children of unbelievers are guaranteed to inherit the Kingdom and/or be raptured is the same as saying that homosexual perverts are guaranteed to inherit the Kingdom and/or be raptured."

No, I said you believe what you want, not what I do. I never ever said homosexuals enter the Kingdom of God. hers' what I know about homosexuals and why unrepentant homosexuals will never inherit the Kingdom. Remember they have reached the age of reason. I know of no homosexual babies, do you?

16 SINS OF HOMOSEXUALS (Jude 8).

1. Practice sex perversions (v 8; Rom. 1)
2. Despise government and law (v 8)
3. Insult rulers (v 8; 2 Pet.2)
4. Speak evil in ignorance (v 10)
5. Corrupt themselves (v 10; Rom. 1)
6. Commit sin in maintaining error in religion (v 11; Gen. 4)
7. Serve in religion for gain (v 11:2 Pet. 2:15; Num. 31:8, 16)
8. Rebel like Korah (v 11; Num. 16)
9. Practice hypocrisy (v 12)
10. Commit ungadly deeds (v 15; Rom. 1)
11. Blaspheme God (v 15)
12. Murmer and complain (v 16)
13. Live in ungodly lusts (v 4, 16, 18)
14. Brag and boast (v 16)
15. Mock truth (v 18; 2 Pet. 3:3)
16. Live in sensual lusts (v 19)
Babies and little children who have not reached the age of reason do none of the above.

If I said to you 'both' my parents were unbelievers, I lived in sin untill my mid thirties, yet I am now baptized in water, in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost by a consecrated minister a member of the body of Christ, I am born again, your telling me I am lost????

"For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth." (1 Tim. 2:3-4). I dont see here where it says "except children of unbelieving parents?"

Cheers, Haz.
Last edited by Ironman on Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

"The only ways that I know of for them to get it is for at least one of their parents to get saved or for the children to reach the age of reason/accountability, themselves, and be born again."

God will never punish an aborted baby, one who dies before the age of reason or even a little child before it reaches the age of reason. That would be no God at all!

Little children and infants who would be lost due to the fact that they are not old enough to be responsible for their sins and therefore could not repent of known sins are saved by the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Cheers, Haz.

stand
John

Post by stand »

Jer31: 29 In those days they shall say no more, The fathers have eaten a sour grape, and the children's teeth are set on edge. 30 But every one shall die for his own iniquity: every man that eateth the sour grape, his teeth shall be set on edge.

Mat16: 27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Are we going to be judged for what we have done? Not what our father has done? Any proof that we will be judged guilty because of Adam's sins?

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

Right on 'stand.' well said. :angel:

"For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works." (Matt. 16:27).

Scripture teaches that there will be degrees of punishment in Hell as far as remorse and torment of the conscience is concerned (Matt. 10:15; 11:22; 12:41; 23:14; Mark 6:11; 12:40; Luke 10:14; 11:31, 32; 20:47).

These degrees of punishment will be because of the kind of sins comitted by one that were not comitted by another. No man, that includes "BABIES AND CHILDREN" who have not reached the age of reason will be punished or could have remorse over something he, they did not do.

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

"Concerning the children born of two unbelieving parents... Those children are still judged, condemned, and made sinners based upon what Adam did. Their only escape is to get out of Adam and into Christ."

And if they die before reaching the age of reason you would burn them in hell forever???

I can and have shown you, GOD WILL NOT, NO HE WILL NEVER DO THIS TO INNOCENT CHILDREN!! And if you believe this, at the risk of being banned from this board, I will say it, you are an imbecile. Sorry, but you are!
Last edited by Ironman on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

stand
John

Post by stand »

Other than 1cor7.14, is there another verse proving children are unclean because of unlean parents? I thought Dake suggest any doctrine should have at least 2-3 verses to prove. Also, if we interpret 1cor7.14 to define salvation of the children, then the unbelieving spouse of the believer can receive salvation? So I an continue a sinful life as long as my wife is a real believer?
1cor7.14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

stand
John

Post by stand »

This is some notes on 1cor7.14 from John butler

3. (7:12-16) Marriage, Mixed— Unbelieving Spouses: third, the question concerning Christians who are married to unbelieving spouses. Note: Paul says that this particular issue was never discussed by the Lord; therefore, there are no direct commandments of the Lord to share. However, he would issue the commands, which he made clear was under the guidance of the Holy Spirit (cp. 1 Cor. 7:40. See Deeper Study #1, Scripture, Inspiration—1 Cor. 7:1-40.)
Apparently there were many mixed marriages in the Corinthian church. But note: they were not believers marrying unbelievers. They were heathen who had become believers. Scripture never sanctions a true Christian marrying an unbeliever, for marriage is sacred to God (1 Cor. 7:39).
It seems that some in the church were saying this: once a person gave his life to Christ, he was not thereafter to live with an unbeliever. They were saying that he new believer was to divorce the unbelieving wife or husband.
What should a Christian who is married to an unbeliever do: stay married or divorce? Scripture gives three instructions.
1. Stay together. The believing spouse should stay, but only if the unbelieving spouse is willing. The reason is clearly seen.
a. The believer will influence his or her spouse for Christ.
→ The word "sanctified" does not mean that the believer's faith saves the unbelieving spouse. Nowhere does Scripture teach that one person can believe and trust Christ for another person. A person is saved only by personally believing in Christ himself. Every person stands personally before God as an individual.
→ The word "sanctified" means that the marriage is set apart unto God. If the unbeliever is willing to remain with the believer, the marriage is not to be dissolved. Simply stated, God accepts the marriage of a mixed couple if the unbelieving spouse is willing to accept the fact that his wife or her husband is a Christian who lives for the Lord. The unbeliever must support his spouse in her loyalty to Christ and His church.
b. The believer will influence the children.
Note what Paul says: if God did not accept the marriage, then the children would be illegitimate in God's eyes. However, since the unbeliever supports his Christian spouse, God accepts his support as "sanctification" of the marriage and family. Of course, this includes the children.
Note how the believer affects both the spouse and the children. The presence of the believer in the family touches the whole family for God, as long as the unbeliever lends his support to the Christian. The whole family is accepted by God as a legitimate family, a family set apart for Him and His cause.