Dake Bible Discussion Boardantichrist of the 70 weeks

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ray

Re: antichrist of the 70 weeks

Post by Ray »

dolph wrote:Ray, another problem you have is admitting their are TWO Israels. "For they are not all Israel who are of Israel, Rom. 9:6. "Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved", v.27.

The remnant of Jewish believers became the Church as Gentiles were grafted into the Olive tree (spiritual Israel) Carnal Israel, the progeny of the patriarchs, who killed Christ and the prophets and stoned Paul for dead 5 times are the ones called Israel or Jews today by themselves and the world. They lost their country as part of the curse of the Law but returned to Palestine in '48 as prophesied, and all will be saved at the end of the tribulation, Jacob's Trouble, Daniel's 70th Week when they see the holes in Christ's side and hands at His return. Then all Israel will be saved, Rom.11:26, not because they have been good but for the fathers' sake and for His name's sake, Ez.36:22; Rom.11:28.

Dolph, above you wrote:

"Ray, another problem you have is admitting their are TWO Israels".
(then later in this post you mention) spiritual Israel & Carnal Israel
So it's a problem for me to admitt there are "TWO Israel", Then what is it for you when you admitt there are two Israels ? revelation ?

Then you wrote:
"For they are not all Israel who are of Israel, Rom. 9:6. "Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved", v.27.
The remnant of Jewish believers became the Church as Gentiles were grafted into the Olive tree (spiritual Israel)

I agree with your statement above, You seem to go back and forth, even in the same post.

scottae316
Wrestle Against Spiritual Wickedness in High Places

Post by scottae316 »

bibleman wrote:
scottae316 wrote:
bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:why do some say there is a gap after 69th week....and others do not.obviously im no scholar.can someone explain this???
Hi Billy,

I think the answer is that those who do not understand the 70 weeks of Daniel just have not studied the Scriptures on the subject or else they just have their mind made up before they approach the Bible.

The key is that the 6 events of Daniel 9 must be fulfilled before the 70 weeks are over, and since they have not been fulfilled, then of course when Messiah was cut off at the end of the 69th week, there must be one more week (7 years) to complete the prophecy.

Daniel makes this pretty plain as can be seen below.
5. Six things to be done in the 70 weeks of Daniel (Dan. 9:24):

(1) "To finish (put an end to) the transgression." The Hebrew word pesha` (HSN-<H6588>) means revolt; rebel; sin against lawful authority. It is often translated "transgression" (Ps. 51:1; Isa. 43:25; etc.). This transgression has reference to the sins of Israel at Jerusalem, the culmination of their sins when they will be saved from all sin at the return of their Messiah who will turn ungodliness from Jacob and convert the nation in a day (Rom. 11:25-29; Isa. 66:7-10; Ezek. 36:24-30).

(2) "To make an end of sins" concerning Israel and Jerusalem. This has never been done, but will be accomplished at the second coming of Christ (Ezek. 36:24-30; 37:24-27; 43:7; Zech. 14). The Spirit of repentance will be poured out upon Israel just before the second coming, and a fountain for sin and uncleanness will be opened to the whole nation at that time (Zech. 12:10 -- Zech. 13:1; Rom. 11:25-29).

(3) "To make reconciliation (atonement; Hebrew: kaphar (HSN-<H3722>), to cover; make atonement) for iniquity." This was done for Israel and all others on the cross (Isa. 53; Col. 1:20; 2:14-17; 1Pet. 2:24), but Israel as a nation has not yet experienced this covering for sin. They will be fully reconciled to God at the second coming of Christ (Isa. 1:18-20; 66:7-8; Zech. 12:10 -- Zech. 13:1; Mt. 23:37-39; Rom. 11:25-29).

(4) "To bring in everlasting righteousness." When transgression comes to an end, when an end of sins is made, and when full atonement for all sin is experienced by Israel, then everlasting righteousness concerning Israel and Jerusalem will be ushered in (Isa. 9:6-7; 12:1-6; Dan. 2:44-45; 7:13-14,18,27; Ezek. 43:7; Zech. 14; Lk. 1:32-33; Rom. 11:25-29; Rev. 11:15; Rev. 19:11 -- Rev. 20:10; Rev. 21:1 -- Rev. 22:5).

(5) "To seal up the vision and prophecy." The prophecies concerning Israel and Jerusalem and their eternal restoration under their Messiah will be fulfilled. The word for "prophecy" here should have been translated "prophet." It could also mean that there will be no more need for inspired men to rebuke Israel at Jerusalem in the attempt to lead them to God and righteousness when the Messiah comes, "for all shall know the Lord from the least unto the greatest of them" (Isa. 11:9; 66:7-10; Jer. 31:31-40; Rom. 11:25-29).

(6) "To anoint the most holy." This refers to the cleansing of the holy of holies, the temple, and the city of Jerusalem from the abomination of desolation, the sacrilege of Gentiles; and to the anointing of the Millennial temple of Ezek. 40-43; Zech. 6:12-13. "The most holy" is never used of a person, nor would the Jews ever associate this term with their Messiah who is always distinguished by the simple title, Messiah. Therefore, to teach that this refers to man crowning Christ is out of harmony with Scripture. Man is not to anoint and crown Christ. This has already been done by God the Father (Lk. 22:29; Acts 1:7; 2:36; Php. 2:9-11; Heb. 1:1-3; Rev. 11:15; 19:11-21; Dan. 7:13-14). Finis Jennings Dake, Dake's Annotated Reference Bible: Containing the Old and New Testaments of the Authorized or King James Version Text, (Lawrenceville, GA: Dake Bible Sales, Inc., 1997), WORDsearch CROSS e-book, Under: "Chapter 9".
Hi Bibleman,

You said to Billy
[b]bibleman[/b] wrote:Daniel makes this pretty plain as can be seen below.
But then you quote from the notes of the Dake Bible. Are you saying that Daniel spoke through Dake, or that Dake's notes are the same as Scripture? You have done this in the past and I would like to know your thinking.

Hi Scott,

Of course Daniel did NOT speak through Dake.

No Dake's notes are not the same as Scripture.

And no I have never done that in the past.

It is just that Dake listed the 6 things that need to be fulfilled according to Daniel's prophecy.

But I think you know that - just trying to hassle me I assume!

But it is funny reading it! thanks for the laugh.
Hi Leon,

Yes, you have done this in the past, we had exchanges about it. In addition, you have said that you are quoting Scripture and then quote Dake in which Dake references Scripture.
You said this
bibleman wrote:It is just that Dake listed the 6 things that need to be fulfilled according to Daniel's prophecy
however this is what you originally said
bibleman wrote:Daniel makes this pretty plain as can be seen below.
Now from this last sentence you said Daniel makes it plain, not Dake. Most would think that you were going to quote Scripture not Dake. I don't care what you quote, just say what it is and be accurate in it.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

scottae316 wrote:
bibleman wrote:
scottae316 wrote:
bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:why do some say there is a gap after 69th week....and others do not.obviously im no scholar.can someone explain this???
Hi Billy,

I think the answer is that those who do not understand the 70 weeks of Daniel just have not studied the Scriptures on the subject or else they just have their mind made up before they approach the Bible.

The key is that the 6 events of Daniel 9 must be fulfilled before the 70 weeks are over, and since they have not been fulfilled, then of course when Messiah was cut off at the end of the 69th week, there must be one more week (7 years) to complete the prophecy.

(1) "To finish (put an end to) the transgression." The Hebrew word pesha` (HSN-<H6588>) means revolt; rebel; sin against lawful authority. It is often translated "transgression" (Ps. 51:1; Isa. 43:25; etc.). This transgression has reference to the sins of Israel at Jerusalem, the culmination of their sins when they will be saved from all sin at the return of their Messiah who will turn ungodliness from Jacob and convert the nation in a day (Rom. 11:25-29; Isa. 66:7-10; Ezek. 36:24-30).

(2) "To make an end of sins" concerning Israel and Jerusalem. This has never been done, but will be accomplished at the second coming of Christ (Ezek. 36:24-30; 37:24-27; 43:7; Zech. 14). The Spirit of repentance will be poured out upon Israel just before the second coming, and a fountain for sin and uncleanness will be opened to the whole nation at that time (Zech. 12:10 -- Zech. 13:1; Rom. 11:25-29).

(3) "To make reconciliation (atonement; Hebrew: kaphar (HSN-<H3722>), to cover; make atonement) for iniquity." This was done for Israel and all others on the cross (Isa. 53; Col. 1:20; 2:14-17; 1Pet. 2:24), but Israel as a nation has not yet experienced this covering for sin. They will be fully reconciled to God at the second coming of Christ (Isa. 1:18-20; 66:7-8; Zech. 12:10 -- Zech. 13:1; Mt. 23:37-39; Rom. 11:25-29).

(4) "To bring in everlasting righteousness." When transgression comes to an end, when an end of sins is made, and when full atonement for all sin is experienced by Israel, then everlasting righteousness concerning Israel and Jerusalem will be ushered in (Isa. 9:6-7; 12:1-6; Dan. 2:44-45; 7:13-14,18,27; Ezek. 43:7; Zech. 14; Lk. 1:32-33; Rom. 11:25-29; Rev. 11:15; Rev. 19:11 -- Rev. 20:10; Rev. 21:1 -- Rev. 22:5).

(5) "To seal up the vision and prophecy." The prophecies concerning Israel and Jerusalem and their eternal restoration under their Messiah will be fulfilled. The word for "prophecy" here should have been translated "prophet." It could also mean that there will be no more need for inspired men to rebuke Israel at Jerusalem in the attempt to lead them to God and righteousness when the Messiah comes, "for all shall know the Lord from the least unto the greatest of them" (Isa. 11:9; 66:7-10; Jer. 31:31-40; Rom. 11:25-29).

(6) "To anoint the most holy." This refers to the cleansing of the holy of holies, the temple, and the city of Jerusalem from the abomination of desolation, the sacrilege of Gentiles; and to the anointing of the Millennial temple of Ezek. 40-43; Zech. 6:12-13. "The most holy" is never used of a person, nor would the Jews ever associate this term with their Messiah who is always distinguished by the simple title, Messiah. Therefore, to teach that this refers to man crowning Christ is out of harmony with Scripture. Man is not to anoint and crown Christ. This has already been done by God the Father (Lk. 22:29; Acts 1:7; 2:36; Php. 2:9-11; Heb. 1:1-3; Rev. 11:15; 19:11-21; Dan. 7:13-14). Finis Jennings Dake, Dake's Annotated Reference Bible: Containing the Old and New Testaments of the Authorized or King James Version Text, (Lawrenceville, GA: Dake Bible Sales, Inc., 1997), WORDsearch CROSS e-book, Under: "Chapter 9".
Hi Bibleman,

You said to Billy
But then you quote from the notes of the Dake Bible. Are you saying that Daniel spoke through Dake, or that Dake's notes are the same as Scripture? You have done this in the past and I would like to know your thinking.

Hi Scott,

It is just that Dake listed the 6 things that need to be fulfilled according to Daniel's prophecy.

Hi Leon,

Yes, you have done this in the past, we had exchanges about it. In addition, you have said that you are quoting Scripture and then quote Dake in which Dake references Scripture.
You said this
bibleman wrote:It is just that Dake listed the 6 things that need to be fulfilled according to Daniel's prophecy
Now from this last sentence you said Daniel makes it plain, not Dake. Most would think that you were going to quote Scripture not Dake. I don't care what you quote, just say what it is and be accurate in it.
Hi Scott,

Glad you are feeling better!

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

RAY
do you believe the Papacy to be the man of Sin???

scottae316
Wrestle Against Spiritual Wickedness in High Places

Post by scottae316 »

bibleman wrote:
scottae316 wrote:
bibleman wrote:
scottae316 wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Hi Billy,

Hi Bibleman,

You said to Billy

Hi Scott,

Hi Leon,

You said this
Hi Scott,

Hi Leon,

Thanks for the reply, but actually I am not feeling better, but God is good and will take care of me.

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

The Antichrist is the one who will "confirm a covenant with many" for one week and "bring an end to sacrifice and offering" in the middle of the week. The actor in Daniel 9.27 is "the prince who is to come", but that prince was not Titus. Titus did not do any of the things listed in verse 27 when he came. Daniel had already introduced this coming prince back in 7:25 as the Little Horn who would "persecute the saints of the Most High for a time and times and half a time". The same timeframe occurs again in Daniel 12:7 where the mighty angel swears that "it shall be for a time, times, and half a time; and when the power of the holy people has been completely shattered, all these things shall be finished" - thus God himself tells us when the 70 weeks will be completed.

So we find our Lord Jesus Himself carefully distinguishing between the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD by the Roman armies of Titus followed by the dispersion of the Jews among the nations (Luke 21) on the one hand, and the still future coming of the Antichrist spoken of by Daniel to attack Jerusalem followed by the Second Coming (Matthew 24 and Mark 13) on the other hand. Neither Titus nor Vespasian (his father the emperor) ever entered into a covenant with the Jews. Titus did not bring the Jewish sacrifices and offerings to an end. He did not set up the "abomination of desolation" spoken of by Daniel and Jesus; he never desecrated the Temple while it was still standing. In short, Titus simply does not fit anything described by either Daniel or Jesus regarding this prophecy of Daniel.

The data of Daniel 9:26 indicate that a long but indeterminable interval is intended between A.D. 27 (the end of the sixty-ninth week)--after Messiah appears; then the Crucifixion occurs; Jerusalem is destroyed by the Romans; and finally there is a period of overwhelming disaster, war, and desolation--and only after all this the inception of the final seven years of the last days (v.27).

The very first commentary on a book of the Bible ever written was done by a man named Hippolytus in the 2nd/3rd century, and it was a commentary on the Book of Daniel. He follows his mentor, Irenaeus, in placing the 70th week of Daniel in the future:
"For when the threescore and two weeks are fulfilled, and Christ is come, and the Gospel is preached in every place, the times being then accomplished, there will remain only one week, the last, in which Elias will appear, and Enoch, and in the midst of it the abomination of desolation will be manifested, viz., Antichrist, announcing desolation to the world".

As the Christian church moved away from the Scripture and began to promote itself as the actual Kingdom of God already on earth, complete with a king-in-residence (in Rome) ruling the kingdom until the return of Christ, it also began to move away from this very early understanding of the Seventy Weeks of Daniel.
Last edited by titus213 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

i sure hope you get to feeling better Scott.
im very troubled that you are ill friend....as well as ...others here... :agrue:
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday today and forever...may He touch all of us and minister to us in our needs.God let it be so.
scottae316 wrote:
bibleman wrote:
scottae316 wrote:
bibleman wrote:
scottae316 wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Hi Billy,

Hi Bibleman,

You said to Billy

Hi Scott,

Hi Leon,

You said this
Hi Scott,

Hi Leon,

Thanks for the reply, but actually I am not feeling better, but God is good and will take care of me.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

none are done violence???
i not getting this. :robot:
Justaned wrote:
dolph wrote:Ray, many times one has to take several scriptures in the Bible and put them together in such a way that they all harmonize and none are done violence.
None are done violence

Judged by who? The person that puts them together? What about context?

Do you seriously believe that??????
Let us take
John 12:17 (NASB) and Genesis 34:31 together changing nothing and doing no violence to either.

17 So the people, who were with Him when He called Lazarus out of the tomb and raised him from the dead, continued to testify about Him. But they said, "Should he treat our sister as a harlot?"

Changes the whole story and violates each verse unless you want to prove Lazarus mistreated his sister after he was resurrected from the tomb by Jesus.

This is how craziness gets started in the church. Some slick preacher takes two verses that sound good puts them together so they even sound better and people that wanted their ears tickled are estatic. As they walk out of the church you can even hear them gush, "he taught us something tonite that we never knew."

Of course he did, he took scripture and knitted it together to say what he wanted it to say. Something God never said.

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

branham1965 wrote:none are done violence???
i not getting this. :robot:
Justaned wrote:
dolph wrote:Ray, many times one has to take several scriptures in the Bible and put them together in such a way that they all harmonize and none are done violence.
None are done violence

Judged by who? The person that puts them together? What about context?

Do you seriously believe that??????
Let us take
John 12:17 (NASB) and Genesis 34:31 together changing nothing and doing no violence to either.

17 So the people, who were with Him when He called Lazarus out of the tomb and raised him from the dead, continued to testify about Him. But they said, "Should he treat our sister as a harlot?"

Changes the whole story and violates each verse unless you want to prove Lazarus mistreated his sister after he was resurrected from the tomb by Jesus.

This is how craziness gets started in the church. Some slick preacher takes two verses that sound good puts them together so they even sound better and people that wanted their ears tickled are estatic. As they walk out of the church you can even hear them gush, "he taught us something tonite that we never knew."

Of course he did, he took scripture and knitted it together to say what he wanted it to say. Something God never said.
Billy

Yes that was Dolph statement, that he just cut and pasted verses to complete his thought and that none were done violence. I was showing him that by yanking them from context violence of scripture is DONE!

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

Fatherfisher, thank you for making this so clear. Are you currently the Pastor of a church?

Hi Dolph,

No, I am not . . . sometimes I will fill in for a pastor on vacation, out with the flu, etc. at various churches in the area. But my wife has Stage 4 cancer and between caring for her and keeping up with medical treatment (and bills!) I really can no longer give the proper amount of attention to caring for a flock as pastor. I do serve as an elder at my church and cover the bases for the pastor when he's away.