Dake Bible Discussion BoardCreflo Dollar says ask God John 14:13-14

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Creflo Dollar says ask God John 14:13-14

Post by branham1965 »

I would have to answer D.

i have noticed that people pray exactly as they do in Trinitarian Churches.to the Father in the Name of Jesus.
i went there in despondency.i could find no help.Reverend Scott was gone.he went home... :arrow: if i could have gotten to Akron to Reverend Angley i would have.if i could have gotten to WHC and Pastor Parsley prayed for me.
i went to LFAC and i was delivered.i know i have light years to go.im a mess.but im not bound like i was.
i was listening to the cds i bought at Ministry Helps by Dad Hagin about Deliverance from demonic influence.
these are wonderful.

bibleman wrote:John 16:23 (KJV) 23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.
a [in that day] In the day of My going back to the Father you shall ask Me nothing, but you shall ask the Father in My name (Jn. 14:1-3,12,19-20; 16:5,10,16,23-27). Finis Jennings Dake, Dake's Annotated Reference Bible: Containing the Old and New Testaments of the Authorized or King James Version Text, (Lawrenceville, GA: Dake Bible Sales, Inc., 1997), WORDsearch CROSS e-book, Under: "Chapter 16".
What was Jesus trying to do when he said:

John 16:23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.

How do Jesus Only people respond to this:

A. Jesus was deceiving us when he said to ask the Father, since he himself was the Father!
B. Jesus was so drunk when he said this that he had no idea what he was saying!
C. Jesus was a schizophrenic person and we were hearing from one of his alter personalities at the time!
D. NONE of the above Jesus was telling the truth about Praying in His Name to ANOTHER PERSON God the Father!

I think that if Jesus Only people would be honest they would choose "D" above.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

i agree with that Reverend.it might seem that im curring out.no.but im not going to be a bullhead hardsheller either. :|
Reuben wrote:
bibleman wrote:John 16:23 (KJV) 23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.
a [in that day] In the day of My going back to the Father you shall ask Me nothing, but you shall ask the Father in My name (Jn. 14:1-3,12,19-20; 16:5,10,16,23-27). Finis Jennings Dake, Dake's Annotated Reference Bible: Containing the Old and New Testaments of the Authorized or King James Version Text, (Lawrenceville, GA: Dake Bible Sales, Inc., 1997), WORDsearch CROSS e-book, Under: "Chapter 16".
What was Jesus trying to do when he said:

John 16:23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.

How do Jesus Only people respond to this:

A. Jesus was deceiving us when he said to ask the Father, since he himself was the Father!
B. Jesus was so drunk when he said this that he had no idea what he was saying!
C. Jesus was a schizophrenic person and we were hearing from one of his alter personalities at the time!
D. NONE of the above Jesus was telling the truth about Praying in His Name to ANOTHER PERSON God the Father!

I think that if Jesus Only people would be honest they would choose "D" above.
Good points Leon! Allowing the Word to form the mind is a wonderful thing. For example, one popular sect believes that Jesus and Satan were actually brothers and claim to be a Christian organization. The question becomes, who honestly comes to that conclusion by reading objectively from Genesis to Revelation would come up with that understanding? I think the same goes for "Jesus Only,"if reading the Bible from cover to cover... how do you honestly come up with that as a conclusion? I believe its the result of pre-mental bending by either false indoctrination or something we want to believe.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

sighs.i agree with you Reverend Reuben.i frustrate myself something awful on here. :agrue:

brodave

Post by brodave »

Deut. 6:4 Hear O Israel: The LORD our God,the LORD is ONE .I John :7 For there are three that bear record in heaven,the Father,the Word, and the Holy Ghost:and these three are one.One God made up of these three Father,Word ,and Holy Ghost.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

brodave wrote:Deut. 6:4 Hear O Israel: The LORD our God,the LORD is ONE .I John :7 For there are three that bear record in heaven,the Father,the Word, and the Holy Ghost:and these three are one.One God made up of these three Father,Word ,and Holy Ghost.

i agree brodave. :scrambleup:
do you believe that there are three persons in one God or three manifestations of one God???
you are a Reverend!!!!i remember...you are a Preacher :angel:
we are friends ..i hope.im asking from my heart.i got a sheet in the mail called systematic theology by Wayne Grudem and Erik Thoennes.its a laminated open up study guide.i can understand it ok.its actually comprehendable +goofy
i used to have his huge book.ive owned it at least twice.its like Gods Plan For Man.it is huge.i looked at it.and i looked at GPFM.and closed them BOTH and went and got my Living Bible or Good News Bible and sang Kumbaya.... i let it go.... whooooooooooooppp!!!!!!!!!+goofy +goofy +goofy

THEOLOGIANS.....i mean godly men fight fuss bicker grapple over this stuff.but the laity is supposed to get it.and we are called lackeys or dumbells if we dont!!!!
i dont think its fair.... +wink

brodave

Post by brodave »

The Father has a personality seperate from the Son and Holy Spirit;The Son has a personality seperate from the Father and the Holy Spirit;The Holy Spirit has a personality seperate from the Father and the Son.These three are one God.1John 5:7.God manifest Himself in the personality of the Father;the manifestation in the personality of the Son and the manifestation in the personality of the Holy Spirit

brodave

Post by brodave »

Triune God meaning One God are three persons.Father,Son,Holy Spirit one substance ,yet they are three persons.They are eternal equal in power and glory and cooperate with one mind and one purpose.They are perfectly one in nature and character.At the same time , each is completely distinct from the other.The word Godhead describes the One God in three persons.