Dake Bible Discussion BoardGod's Sovereignty

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Bible Basics
Proverbs

Re: God's Sovereignty

Post by Bible Basics »

You're welcome, Mr. Branham.

Bible Basics

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

+wink2 +wink2 +thumbsUp
Bible Basics wrote:You're welcome, Mr. Branham.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Seen Dan Severn lately?? +wink

cpbeller
Wield the Sword of the Spirit, Which is the Word of God

Post by cpbeller »

Dan Severn. I met him about 1 1/2 years ago...sat and talked to him for quite awhile. He lives here in Coldwater, MI. He just recently announced his retirement from wrestling/mma.

DISCLAIMER: Whatever I say or do not say may or may not apply to you based on whether you are or are not a Christian. And whether you are or are not a Christian may or may not be based off of whatever denomination you may or may not be a part of.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

DOLPHENJUGEN
IM BETTING SAINT PAUL WOULD NOT BE PLEASED AT YOUR DENIAL OF THE HOLOCAUST. :crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: :shocked!: :shocked!:

dolph wrote:I just read through this whole thread for the first time and made some notes.

!. Ed, how can you make such broad generalizations like, It's only about God referring to the Bible. Jesus went to the cross because man is very important to Him. Hasn't He offered us sonship??

2. Then you said, the reformation didn't reform. Was worshiping Mary and selling indulgences a good thing? The doctrine of purgatory?

3. I agree God intervened in the story of Joseph and much more but how much He is involved in our everyday life is another story.

4. Ed wrote, I don't know about you but everything both good and bad has worked to my good conforming me to be more like Jesus.
When I suffered lost I was forced to realized how unimportant material things were. When I suffered sickness I learned compassion for others and how precious my health was. When I experienced riches I learned how quickly I can place my faith in Gold. When I experienced other things in life things most people would call good I learned how quickly my pride in my own abilities can overrule my reliance on God. No your are wrong both experience and scripture has assured me God loves me and makes ALL things work to my Good.

Ed, experience is a hard teacher and the worst way to learn anything. Believing God's word is the correct way to learn.

5. The misapplication of Rom. 8:28 has been the biggest con-job of the Devil for all time. It is referring to the praying in tongues of the previous verses. Christians use this verse to explain away every evil deed of the enemy. When God redeemed us at Calvary He provided all we need for a victorious life. Through ignorance the devil trashes Christians on a regular basis and the Church blames it all on God through Rom. 8:28.

cpbeller
Wield the Sword of the Spirit, Which is the Word of God

Post by cpbeller »

Dolph, great post. I agree that Romans 8:28 has been misapplied, and that so many, too many, Christians use that verse to excuse too many things. It has been used in ways I believe Paul never intended. Kinda like Romans 3:23...

It is interesting that we seem to never realize that there are two views of salvation, two sides, if you will: our view and God's view.

Our view, us looking up to Him, it is all about Him. BUT, His view, Him looking down to us, it is all about us. Jesus did not die for Himself. He died for us. God gave the very best He had, His Son, for us. And it was not so we can serve Him. It was not so we can worship Him. He saved us for fellowship, He saved us to restore man's rightful place with Him. When God created Adam, what does the Bible say God did? Did God go to the garden so man could server Him? Did God go to the garden so man could grovel at His feet? Did God go to the garden to hear man's worship? No, God went to the garden to walk with Adam, He went to the garden to fellowship. I think we have gotten so bent up when it comes to God, that we miss the simplicity that is God. Yes, God is complex, His ways are above us, and His thoughts are beyond us....BUT...He was the One that said, "Come, let us reason together..." It is God that inspired James to write: Draw near unto God, and He will draw near unto you". It is about fellowship. I would even go so far as to say holiness wasn't even the purpose of salvation. It is fellowship.

Don't get me wrong. Worship, service, holiness, and all of those things are important, but a person cannot do them without spending time with Him. We do not change ourselves, then go to God...we go to God, and He changes us. The more time we spend with Him, the more natural it is to worship, serve and be holy. The more time we spend with Him, the more we will talk like Him, the more we will walk like Him. The more we will be like Him. We must fellowship, and there lies the key to victory over this flesh and sin.

It is like this...what if you went into God's living room, and took a huge dump right in the middle of the room? What would God's response be? Would he smash us into the ground? Would he rub our faces in it? Would He even make us clean it up? I don't beleive any of those answers are correct. I believe that God would talk to us, and tell us that there is a way so we would not have to take a dump in the middle of the living room floor...in fact, He wants to show us a way that we would not have to eliminate at all. His goals are to teach us, to spend precious time with us, not to hammer us into the ground, only hearing us if we beg, plead and cry our eyes out at an altar call. Salvation is easy, so easy, that the "wise" miss it. God, in His simplicity has made salvation so easily available, that even His own miss His purpose in it.

What is His purpose in salvation? It is simply fellowship...

DISCLAIMER: Whatever I say or do not say may or may not apply to you based on whether you are or are not a Christian. And whether you are or are not a Christian may or may not be based off of whatever denomination you may or may not be a part of.

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

dolph wrote:I just read through this whole thread for the first time and made some notes.

!. Ed, how can you make such broad generalizations like, It's only about God referring to the Bible. Jesus went to the cross because man is very important to Him. Hasn't He offered us sonship??

2. Then you said, the reformation didn't reform. Was worshiping Mary and selling indulgences a good thing? The doctrine of purgatory?

3. I agree God intervened in the story of Joseph and much more but how much He is involved in our everyday life is another story.

4. Ed wrote, I don't know about you but everything both good and bad has worked to my good conforming me to be more like Jesus.
When I suffered lost I was forced to realized how unimportant material things were. When I suffered sickness I learned compassion for others and how precious my health was. When I experienced riches I learned how quickly I can place my faith in Gold. When I experienced other things in life things most people would call good I learned how quickly my pride in my own abilities can overrule my reliance on God. No your are wrong both experience and scripture has assured me God loves me and makes ALL things work to my Good.

Ed, experience is a hard teacher and the worst way to learn anything. Believing God's word is the correct way to learn.

5. The misapplication of Rom. 8:28 has been the biggest con-job of the Devil for all time. It is referring to the praying in tongues of the previous verses. Christians use this verse to explain away every evil deed of the enemy. When God redeemed us at Calvary He provided all we need for a victorious life. Through ignorance the devil trashes Christians on a regular basis and the Church blames it all on God through Rom. 8:28.

If you want to dicuss something I said, post the offending post in context and let us discuss it.

Bible Basics
Proverbs

Post by Bible Basics »

branham1965 wrote:
Seen Dan Severn lately?? +wink
Sorry, Mr. Branham, I had to look him up. He looks familiar, but I don't remember him as a wrestler. Haven't really watched wrestling on purpose in over ten years. I don't watch MMA, so don't remember him from there, either.

Bible Basics

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

dolph wrote:
Justaned wrote:

If you want to dicuss something I said, post the offending post in context and let us discuss it.
Ed, I'd say the ball's in your court.
Which means? You brought the charges I said you took my statements out of context and offered to discuss any with you that you wanted to view keeping what I said in context. I think that means the ball is in your court

victoryword
Knock and It Shall Be Opened Unto You

Post by victoryword »

Great post Dolph :angel: