Dake Bible Discussion BoardSpeaking In Tongues At Will

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Speaking In Tongues At Will

Post by branham1965 »

macca wrote:Oral Roberts woke up speaking in tongues, its not taught it is wrought by the Spirit of God.
now you are a Preacher.can you explain better to us Yankee's.

can you see how confused a poor bloke could get reading this???? +wink

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

branham1965 wrote:
macca wrote:Oral Roberts woke up speaking in tongues, its not taught it is wrought by the Spirit of God.

Preconceived ideas and teachings hold many back from this blessing from God.

If all we had was the New Testament then 99% would speak in tongues in prayer.

Its a line between us and God that NO-ONE can stop or interfere with, no one knows what we are talking with God about, so no one can circumvent our prayers...

It is vital in our warfare and defence, in intercession and praise.. because our minds can not get in the way...

As Jude said.....we build up our most holy faith by praying in the Holy Ghost...

JUST LET IT RIP

macca

Post by macca »

branham1965 wrote:

I have a vedio of The Full Gospel Business Men's Fellowship International, called the Happiest people on Earth.

Hosted by Efram Zimbalist Jr. and Demos Sharkarian.

On it Oral Roberts preaches about 'tracking with God' its all about being baptised in the Holy Spirit and the place tongues must have in the believers life.

Wonderful preacher, i have not forgotten that message after all these years.

macca

macca

Post by macca »

worth a watch

brodave

Post by brodave »

Speaking in tongues as a prayer language is a gift and to be used of the receipeant at will,Speaking in tongues in the gift of tongues and interpretation is as the Holy Spirit wills1Cor.12:11.

In Eph. 6:18 Paul tells us to pray in the Spirit.How could he tell us to pray in the Holy Spirit if we had to pray as the Holy Spirit wills.In Jude 20 we are told to build our selve up praying in the Spirit.that seems to me to be at my will.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

i think those who teach we speak in tongues only by unction like when we got the BAPTISM OF THE HOLY GHOST initially where HE in some instances overwhelms us and we speak by great anointing...........

these folks are perhaps referring to the GIFT OF TONGUES AND INTERPRETATION ....i was listening to a message tonight and the Preacher mentioned it.

macca

Post by macca »

branham1965 wrote:i think those who teach we speak in tongues only by unction like when we got the BAPTISM OF THE HOLY GHOST initially where HE in some instances overwhelms us and we speak by great anointing...........

these folks are perhaps referring to the GIFT OF TONGUES AND INTERPRETATION ....i was listening to a message tonight and the Preacher mentioned it.

I believe you are correct Billy :angel:

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

Thank you macca.i hope im right.i pray so.

REVED may i ask please do you do this very often????

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

branham1965 wrote:Thank you macca.i hope im right.i pray so.

REVED may i ask please do you do this very often????
Billy
Confession not as often as I should. Like everyone else I have left the junk of the world (including this forum) steal my time. I once was very close to the Lord but slowly I began to take shortcuts, soon the shortcuts became the norm and what was norm (spending time with the Lord) was shoved into the background.

Each day I determine to change things but at the end of the each day I find I didn't spend the time with the Lord I wanted to or needed to. It is my daily battle.

Ray

Post by Ray »

Justaned,

Above in your post you wrote "I think the gulf between us is further widened by how we view "Baptism or the Holy Spirit". I believe you probably believe it is an addition in our spiritual walk. I view it as something that was there from salvation that we learn to yield to.

In this post where you wrote "Baptism or the Holy Spirit" did you intend to
write "Baptism OF the Holy Spirit" If so I totally agree with you that one who
is filled with The SPIRIT (Accepts Salvation) Is in Fact Baptized in The HOLY SPIRIT though the evidene as some think it to be may not be manifested at the first, yet The Manisfestation Of The SPIRIT produces fruit as the Sanctification Process takes root in that Child Of GOD'S life.