Dake Bible Discussion BoardGod goes from place to place.

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

God goes from place to place.

Post by Ironman »

Another question on the greatness and power of almighty God.

The Apollo astronouts took 3 days, 3 hours and 49 minutes to trave 384,000 kilms to the moon. Its roughly 150,000,000 klmsfrom the Earth to our sun! Its 2.54 million light-years to the nearest galaxy, Andromedia.

Jesus went to Heaven and retured to the Earth in the same day. Heaven is so far away we on Earth cannot see it even with the most powerfull telescopes including Hubbel. We know God goes from place to place and we know God send armies to earth from Heaven in chariots of fire, (2 Kings 6:17).

To travel throughout the entire universe, does God travel at the speed of light, which would take Him multiple thousands of light years to reach its furtherst place, or the speed of thought which would be instantanious?

What are your thoughts on this?

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Re: God goes from place to place.

Post by macca »

God is light, he is not bound by his creation, he is above it and beyond it, so my belief is he transends all our understanding of limitations that are upon us, and is where ever he wants to be whenever he so desires.

macca

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Ironman wrote:Another question on the greatness and power of almighty God.

The Apollo astronouts took 3 days, 3 hours and 49 minutes to trave 384,000 kilms to the moon. Its roughly 150,000,000 klmsfrom the Earth to our sun! Its 2.54 million light-years to the nearest galaxy, Andromedia.

Jesus went to Heaven and retured to the Earth in the same day. Heaven is so far away we on Earth cannot see it even with the most powerfull telescopes including Hubbel. We know God goes from place to place and we know God send armies to earth from Heaven in chariots of fire, (2 Kings 6:17).

To travel throughout the entire universe, does God travel at the speed of light, which would take Him multiple thousands of light years to reach its furtherst place, or the speed of thought which would be instantanious?

You always have great questions, this is a tuffy. I would guess the speed of thought or maybe even faster.

brodave

Post by brodave »

macca wrote:God is light, he is not bound by his creation, he is above it and beyond it, so my belief is he transends all our understanding of limitations that are upon us, and is where ever he wants to be whenever he so desires.

macca

perfect answer!!!!!

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Rocky wrote:
Ironman wrote:Another question on the greatness and power of almighty God.

You always have great questions, this is a tuffy. I would guess the speed of thought or maybe even faster.
The speed of thought I would say is the way God probabely travels from place to place. I doubt He would travel faster than thought? No sense in travelling somewhere not thought of? I'm constantly remembering, Jesus did this, travel to Heaven and back in the same day, and through material substances entering into a closed room, in His glorified flesh and bone body, as we shall have. Thats something we can look forward to doing.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

macca wrote:God is light, he is not bound by his creation, he is above it and beyond it, so my belief is he transends all our understanding of limitations that are upon us, and is where ever he wants to be whenever he so desires.

macca
True macca, "The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law." (Deut 29:29).

We know God travels from place to place, Gen. 3:8; 11:5; 18:1-22, 33; He even tells us He travels on horse's, Rev. 6:2; 9:11; Chariots of fire, 2 Kings 16:11; and clouds are even used as a means of transport, Isaiah 19:1,Luke 9:35, Luke 21:27, Rev 11:12, Rev. 14:14.

brodave

Post by brodave »

Speed of thought perhaps.But Gods speed of thought cannot be measured.God dwells in eternity.Time out of mind.Tomorrow God's already been there.