Dake Bible Discussion Board100% God, 100% man

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: 100% God, 100% man

Post by branham1965 »

dolph,
Does the_truth :neutral: believe that Jesus Christ :| even actually existed in Heaven with the Father BEFORE His Incarnation???!!!!! :shocked!: it sounds like he does not!!!!! :shocked!:

if not what are you doing playing with that sinister stuff??!!!!thats more rotten doctrine than the JW's and the Mormon's!!!
that sounds to me like so called Church of God - Abrahamic Faith. :neutral:

dolph wrote:
Rocky wrote:
dolph wrote:The 2,000 pound elephant in the room that certain folks fail to see is that no one can be 100% male and 100% female, 100% German and 100% English, 100% black and 100% white, 100% Christian and 100% Muslim, 100% God and 100% man.
Dolph you are looking at this the wrong way this can be understood even with our feeble intellect with the Help of the Holy Ghost, like I have advised, study this fundamental belief before you try challenging it. I do not understand your hangup about the incarnation. Why the rejection? But here is what the bible says about dening this truth. And I know you are familiar with these versus..1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. Now this is a warning to the gnostics that denied Jesus' humanity they couldn't believe that Deity could come in the flesh this peaks directly of the incarnation and belief in this is essential,1 john 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
The 100% God and 100% man is simply acknowledging Jesus two natures that he is a 100% human(Man) and 100% God, Jesus is God made flesh. 1 Tim 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. Now before I go any further could you please give me your opinion and belief on the incanation?
Rocky, here is what I think the_Truth was saying: Jesus was born the second Adam, 100% man, and became The Son of God the Father when he was begotten by the Father. At this point he completely died to to his will, totally surrendered to the Father's will and never sinned becoming the exact image of the Father (Heb. 1:3) This view upholds the what Jesus said was the first commandment, that the Lord our God is ONE Lord. It also solves the dilemma that Jesus is/was 100% man and 100% God. Jesus was born 100% man and became 100% the SON of God when He was begotten setting the pattern for all mankind to die to self and let God live His life through us. This view is compatible with the Jew's/O.T. view that there was only ONE God, just as Jesus said in Mark 12:29.

"And he that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne", Rev. 3:21.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Rocky
you are spot on . :angel: :angel: :angel:

Dolph you are looking at this the wrong way this can be understood even with our feeble intellect with the Help of the Holy Ghost, like I have advised, study this fundamental belief before you try challenging it. I do not understand your hangup about the incarnation. Why the rejection? But here is what the bible says about dening this truth. And I know you are familiar with these versus..1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. Now this is a warning to the gnostics that denied Jesus' humanity they couldn't believe that Deity could come in the flesh this peaks directly of the incarnation and belief in this is essential,1 john 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
The 100% God and 100% man is simply acknowledging Jesus two natures that he is a 100% human(Man) and 100% God, Jesus is God made flesh. 1 Tim 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. Now before I go any further could you please give me your opinion and belief on the incanation?[/quote]

brodave

Post by brodave »

Of what did Jesus empty Himself.It could not have been His divine nature,for He was God from all eternity.
Micah 5:2 But thou,Bethlehem Ephratah,though thou be little among the thousands of Judah,yet out of the shall come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel;whose going forth have been from of old,from everlasting.
John 1:1-2 In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God ,and the Word was God .The same was in the beginning with God.
Heb. 1:8 But unto the Son he saith,Thy throne O God,is for ever and ever:a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
Rev.1:8 I AM ALPHA AND OMEGA,the beginning and the ending,saith the LORD,which is,and which was,and which is to, come THE ALMIGHTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
but GOD manifest in the flesh on earth(Isa. 7:14;9:6-7; MT. 1:18-25:;John 1:1-2,14;1Tim. 3:16)

When was He Begotten?When He entered the egg in the virgin.But He is from all eternity.

stand
John

Post by stand »

dolph wrote:
Rocky wrote:
dolph wrote:The 2,000 pound elephant in the room that certain folks fail to see is that no one can be 100% male and 100% female, 100% German and 100% English, 100% black and 100% white, 100% Christian and 100% Muslim, 100% God and 100% man.
The 100% God and 100% man is simply acknowledging Jesus two natures that he is a 100% human(Man) and 100% God, Jesus is God made flesh. 1 Tim 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. Now before I go any further could you please give me your opinion and belief on the incanation?
Rocky, here is what I think the_Truth was saying: Jesus was born the second Adam, 100% man, and became The Son of God the Father when he was begotten by the Father. At this point he completely died to to his will, totally surrendered to the Father's will and never sinned becoming the exact image of the Father (Heb. 1:3) This view upholds the what Jesus said was the first commandment, that the Lord our God is ONE Lord. It also solves the dilemma that Jesus is/was 100% man and 100% God. Jesus was born 100% man and became 100% the SON of God when He was begotten setting the pattern for all mankind to die to self and let God live His life through us. This view is compatible with the Jew's/O.T. view that there was only ONE God, just as Jesus said in Mark 12:29.

"And he that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne", Rev. 3:21.
John8:58Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

dolph
no i dont think we are dolph.
im not saying im= +goofy smarter or better than you or Darren.no way.you seem like nice guys.i am nothing without Jesus.
reading the Anointed notes in the DARB on 1 John the Divine Trinity.The Reverend was right on :angel: :angel: .

dolph wrote:Billy, your quotes above are compatible with the_Truths view. RE-read them from his point of view and see if they don't work.

RE. the incarnation, I believe Deron believes that the WORD in John 1:1 is at that point part of God the Father. He (Father God) was the Word, Truth, Life, Love, etc. before the Messiah came. "Unto us a child is born, the Prince of Peace... the Everlasting Father", Isa. 9:6. Jesus became the exact image of the Father when He was begotten. That's when He became THE SON, deity. Darren??
Last edited by branham1965 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:11 am, edited 3 times in total.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

John 8:24 uses the I AM statement again.SEE DARB note m on John 8:24.

stand wrote:
dolph wrote:
Rocky wrote:

John8:58Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

John 8:24 uses the I AM statement again.SEE DARB note m on John 8:24.

stand wrote:
dolph wrote:
Rocky wrote:

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

dolph wrote:I think Deron would say that Jesus was the Last Adam, a created man as Adam was and was made Messiah by The God. He was the first begotten of the Father, the exact image of the Father. Deron?

Jesus was not created a man. He was begotten by His Father just the same way all of us are begotten by our own fathers......Adam is called "son of God" because he was a unique creation to start off the human family.
Jesus is the Son of God because of His birth right as the ONLY BEGOTTEN OF THE FATHER.....and as the promised one from the very begining "the seed of the woman"

All men from adam down were and are made out of their parents.. there is only one created man, adam

macca

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

If God creates everyone that means all defective babies are His fault, all rape babies are of His creation, the nephilim would even be God's creation???? yuk what a mess :neutral:

macca

brodave

Post by brodave »

I use to work with mentally disabled people.there disability is from injuries to there brain during the birth process or things like down syndrome.God did not create them that way. They are that way because of the fall of man. Sickness and disease and injury came into the world because of man's fall not God's creation.The giants were because angels leaving there created estates and mating with human females.thus their off springs were freaks.

James 1:17 Every good gift and perfect gift comes down from the FATHER of lights,with whom is no variableness,neither shadow of turning.

Even people with mental disabilities are a blessing. Even with whatever issues they may have they are very special people.God did not create them that way,and in eternity they will be like you and I.I can just here Charles in eternity.Hey Dave look at me now!!!