Dake Bible Discussion BoardJesus baptised in the Holy Spirit

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
brodave

Jesus baptised in the Holy Spirit

Post by brodave »

Was Jesus baptised in the Holy Spirit when he came up out of the at His water baptism?Luke 4:1 And Jesus being full of the Holy GHost returned from Jordan,and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness.

the_truth

Re: Jesus baptised in the Holy Spirit

Post by the_truth »

brodave wrote:Was Jesus baptised in the Holy Spirit when he came up out of the at His water baptism?Luke 4:1 And Jesus being full of the Holy GHost returned from Jordan,and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness.
From Mounce Expository Dictionary concerning "anoint": The anointed person has been set apart for special service to God and through the anointing receives empowerment for that service (Isa. 61:1 relates this to the power of God’s Spirit).

No. Jesus was anointed and the following scriptures confirm this: Acts 10:38 Jesus of Nazareth, how GOD(ho theos - THE FATHER of all) anointed HIM with the Holy Spirit and with power.....Is 61:1 And the Spirit of the Adonay(LORD) GOD(GOD),is upon me, Because GOD(GOD) has anointed me....Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Kurios/Adonay (Lord) is upon me because HE has anointed me(JESUS).....

Adonay in Is 61:1 is a title describing an attribute about THE FATHER. Andonay can be used of THE FATHER and men. Therefore, when JESUS quoted Is 61:1 HE used a like title in the Aramaic and the Holy Ghost made sure they a like word was recorded in the Greek.

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

:crazyeyes: :-)

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

the_truth wrote:
brodave wrote:Was Jesus baptised in the Holy Spirit when he came up out of the at His water baptism?Luke 4:1 And Jesus being full of the Holy GHost returned from Jordan,and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness.
From Mounce Expository Dictionary concerning "anoint": The anointed person has been set apart for special service to God and through the anointing receives empowerment for that service (Isa. 61:1 relates this to the power of God’s Spirit).

No. Jesus was anointed and the following scriptures confirm this: Acts 10:38 Jesus of Nazareth, how GOD(ho theos - THE FATHER of all) anointed HIM with the Holy Spirit and with power.....Is 61:1 And the Spirit of the Adonay(LORD) GOD(GOD),is upon me, Because GOD(GOD) has anointed me....Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Kurios/Adonay (Lord) is upon me because HE has anointed me(JESUS).....

Adonay in Is 61:1 is a title describing an attribute about THE FATHER. Andonay can be used of THE FATHER and men. Therefore, when JESUS quoted Is 61:1 HE used a like title in the Aramaic and the Holy Ghost made sure they a like word was recorded in the Greek.

Would I be out of line in suggesting we all take up a collection and engage someone with a scalpel to take a look under the-truths hood.

OHHH NO!

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

the_truth

Post by the_truth »

macca wrote::crazyeyes: :-)
So Macca, where is the Scripture. You have shown your poor exegesis. But i know. You just don't want to agree with anything i say just so it makes you feel good.

But I have the Bible to back me: The Scripture says HE was anointed.

Another proof. Jesus submitted to John's Baptism. John declared, HIMSELF that he baptized with water for repentance. And Jesus baptized in/with the Holy Spirit. So are you telling me Jesus baptized HIMSELF that day. Matt 3:11, Mark 1:8. I think not, HE was baptized according to John's baptism and was ANOINTED with THE HOLY SPIRIT. :smile:

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

the_truth wrote:
macca wrote::crazyeyes: :-)
So Macca, where is the Scripture. You have shown your poor exegesis. But i know. You just don't want to agree with anything i say just so it makes you feel good.

But I have the Bible to back me: The Scripture says HE was anointed.

Another proof. Jesus submitted to John's Baptism. John declared, HIMSELF that he baptized with water for repentance. And Jesus baptized in/with the Holy Spirit. So are you telling me Jesus baptized HIMSELF that day. Matt 3:11, Mark 1:8. I think not, HE was baptized according to John's baptism and was ANOINTED with THE HOLY SPIRIT. :smile:
"So are you telling me Jesus baptized HIMSELF that day."

Only you could come up with a twisted question like this?

It is written, John baptized with water!

It was also written in prophecy,

Jesus being baptized by John was the 6th Old testament prophecy fulfilled.

"I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance. but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:" (Matt.3:11).

"The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God." (Isaiah 40:3).

"
Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the LORD, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts." (Mal. 3:1).

Jesus baptizes men with the Holy Ghost, and with fire! (Matt. 3:11). No is suggesting Jesus baptized Himself?

Jesus was always sinless, yet He needed the anointing / Spirit baptism in order to have power to do His mighty works

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

This is plausible here is Dake's note on this concerning Jesus' spirit baptism
The Holy spirit descended from the Father out of heaven to anoint and endue with power the son upon the earth

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

The Word was GOD.Jesus is GOD WITH US.The Father calls the Son GOD Heb 1:8.Christians are looking for the blessed Hope the glorious appearing of our GREAT GOD AND SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST Titus 2:13!!!!

HO HO HO HO HO HO HO HO!!!!! +Carolers +Carolers +Dancing +Dancing +snow +snow +snow +shovelSnow +Carolers
God has purchased His Church with HIS OWN BLOOD Acts 20:28.Read Romans 9:5 in the KJV and a few different versions.
WHO IS CALLED :shock: :scatter: Wonderful,Counselor,The Prince of Peace,The Everlasting Father :| Isaiah 9:6 ....The Mighty God....Who is the Mighty God???? Ok i will answer that :mrgreen: :-D +wink The Mighty God even the LORD Psalm 50:1.
you better believe that HIS HOLY NAME IS THE LORD JESUS CHRIST. +thumbsUp
the_truth wrote:

brodave

Post by brodave »

Luke 3:22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him,and a voice came from heaven ,which said Thou art my Son in whom I am well pleased.
Luke 4:1 And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan ,and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness.

Acts 2:3-4 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as fire,and it sat on each of them.And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost and, and began to speak in tongues ,as the Spirit gave them utterance.

The Holy Spirit descended on Jesus in the form of a dove and He was filled with the Holy Spirit

The Holy Spirit appeared as cloven tongues like as fire sat on them and they were filled with the Holy Spirit.

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

Many people, including ministers / pastors, on other boards constantly tell me they are filled with the Holy Spirit. I ask them what does this Scripture teach?

"The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit." (John 3:8).

Most do not have a clue?