Dake Bible Discussion BoardDid GOD come in Human Form?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: Did GOD come in Human Form?

Post by Ironman »

dolph wrote:Haz, do you believe Jesus was 100% God and 100% man?? Do you see the problem?? Can anything be more than 100% which means the whole, all of any person, place or thing.
The Word God who became flesh, (John 1:1 ; 1:14) had no sin. If He was man and not God and died as a man only, then He died for Himelf only, even though He was sin free.

As God, and Man, which He was, He was able to die and cover the sins of all mankind!

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

You once called "Revelation Expounded " the best book (on Revelation) ever written.
You now deny:
1.The Deity of Jesus Christ .If He is not God to us.... we can forget ever seeing Heaven.
2.Eternal punishment of the unsaved = eternal torment day and night forever and ever in the Lake that burneth with fire and brimstone which is the Second Death from which there is no recovery ever.

3.A Jehovah's Witness or Mormon can make that statement you just made in your final sentence. :vamp:

dolph wrote:bro dave, we know when the sperm of any male goes into any egg it forms a new person with traits of both partners, part male traits and part female traits. Using your metaphor Jesus would be part God, part man, but you say this is not true.

A 100% gold coin can't be 100% lead too. I hate to be the one to tell you there is no Santa Claus, if you'll forgive my sarcasm.

The second problem with the Trinity is that the foundation of Judaism, what separated the Jews from the heathen 4,000 years ago was their belief in ONE God, not three. They never called God's Spirit a separate person from the Father, and they were and still are expecting their Messiah to be a man.

These apparent flaws in the trinitarian view of God are what made the_Truth's paradigm very intriguing.

I loved Dake's explanation of the Trinity and found it far more digestible than the Oneness paradigm but it does have some apparent problems. I was simply wondering if their were better answers out their. Regardless of the outcome of my conversation with Daron, Jesus will always be my Lord and Savior who is currently sitting at the right hand of the Father and is soon to return as King of Kings and Lord of Lords on planet earth.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:" (Phill. 2:4-7).

Only reprobates and unbelievers will reject Jesus Christ being fully God and man after reading these Scriptures!

Cheers, Haz,

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

:angel: :angel: I agree with you Haz.

Ironman wrote:"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:" (Phill. 2:4-7).

Only reprobates and unbelievers will reject Jesus Christ being fully God and man after reading these Scriptures!

Cheers, Haz,

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

dolph, "Billy, I never said Jesus was not God. Hebrews 1:5 Paul says the Father begot the Son. When did this happen, at Christ's baptism by John?"

"Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high: Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they. For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?" (Hebrews 1:3-5).

"So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee." (Hebrews 5:5).

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Hi dolph, if I may reply, hopefully this may help.

dolph wrote: Billy, I never said Jesus was not God. Hebrews 1:5 Paul says the Father begot the Son. When did this happen, at Christ's baptism by John?
No in his incarnation,when he came in the flesh. At his baptism God the Father declared and acknowledged the fact that Jesus is Gods son, Remember "Son of God" refers to his humanity and incarnation, the word becoming flesh
dolph wrote:Did the Father exist before the Son?
God the Father existed before the event of the incarnation or when Jesus was born of a Virgin and came to the earth from heaven. But the second person of the trinity coexisted in eternity past with the Father before his incarnation. You see Jesus, the second person of the trinity is not a created being, this is a biblical fact, it is his humanity that came into being not his deity, He always was God. A denial of this hypo static union and incarnation is forbidden in scripture, John wrote about this in his first letter.John even calls those that deny his incanation an Antichrist.
dolph wrote: Jesus said, the Father is greater than I
This refers to his humanity aswell, when Jesus emptied him self and took the form of a servant. I think a study of the hypo static union of Christ would be very beneficial for you, and I don't mean that in a condescending way, It would would just bring a lot of clarity.
dolph wrote:There are lots of problems with the Trinity doctrine that even Augustine couldn't explain, so, I'm going to put it aside for the time being. Peace.
There shouldn't be to much problems, unless one denies it, or uses redundant analogies like the water analogy or the egg analogy, which I am sure you are familiar with. Augustine was a great mind, and no he did not have trouble, but he did wright a very long book on it. In short explained the trinity as three distinct individuals all sharing in Deity of the same substance. The Father is not the Son, the Son is not the Father, and the Holy spirit is not either one of them. Here is a quote from Augustine "that the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit intimate a divine unity of one and the same substance in an indivisible equality." He believed three in unity, the unity is co equal in divinity and deity-ship if you will. He also teaches That the Son is Very God, of the Same Substance with the Father. Not Only the Father, But the Trinity, is Affirmed to Be Immortal. All Things are Not from the Father Alone, But Also from the Son. That the Holy Spirit is Very God, Equal with the Father and the Son.
This fact cannot be denied when one reads 1 John 5:7.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

dolph,

I believe that God is One.
The Father is Eternal and is God.The Son is Eternal and is God.The Holy Ghost is Eternal and is God.I can give at least 3 Bible references in the English language. 1 John 5:6-8 = Three bear witness in heaven and these Three are One.
I think that John 14:28 means that Jesus Christ as the Son of God in the Kenosis emptied Himself and was Incarnated.Phil 2;John 1:14;Heb 1.

dolph wrote:Billy, I never said Jesus was not God. Hebrews 1:5 Paul says the Father begot the Son. When did this happen, at Christ's baptism by John? Did the Father exist before the Son? Jesus said, the Father is greater than I.

There are lots of problems with the Trinity doctrine that even Augustine couldn't explain, so, I'm going to put it aside for the time being. Peace.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

dolph
no offense.
this is not personal... but unless im not reading you guys right .... i dont think the_truth and you are teaching the Bible Trinity on here.I believe that Trinitarian folks are truly saved and ...i also believe Apostolic Oneness folks are saved.

BUT IF WE DENY THAT JESUS CHRIST IS AND ALWAYS WAS GOD ALMIGHTY we are in error.:neutral: :neutral:
AS IS DENYING THE FATHER IS GOD ALMIGHTY AND THE HOLY GHOST IS GOD ALMIGHTY .i believe this with all my heart and my soul.
both groups..Trinity and Oneness believers like Brother William Branham, T.D. Jakes,Noel Jones,Tommy Tenney,Nathaniel Urshan who was on Daystar recently ...and the great Gospel singers the Rambo's
Bishop Posey was on TBN over 6 hours last week.....i think both groups are saved people.

dolph wrote:In most of America there is freedom of speech. If only one position of the trinity is allowed to be heard, I'm gone.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

i did not say what i was trying to before.

i believe Jesus was always God.He was God and Man on the Earth.He became the Son of God when He was born of the Virgin Mary Acts 13:33.
He was God Incarnate.God manifested in the Flesh.1 Timothy 3:16.

branham1965 wrote:dolph,

I believe that God is One.
The Father is Eternal and is God.The Son is Eternal and is God.The Holy Ghost is Eternal and is God.I can give at least 3 Bible references in the English language. 1 John 5:6-8 = Three bear witness in heaven and these Three are One.
I think that John 14:28 means that Jesus Christ as the Son of God in the Kenosis emptied Himself and was Incarnated.Phil 2;John 1:14;Heb 1.

dolph wrote:Billy, I never said Jesus was not God. Hebrews 1:5 Paul says the Father begot the Son. When did this happen, at Christ's baptism by John? Did the Father exist before the Son? Jesus said, the Father is greater than I.

There are lots of problems with the Trinity doctrine that even Augustine couldn't explain, so, I'm going to put it aside for the time being. Peace.

brodave

Post by brodave »

It is very difficult to come on here and try to discuss a belief that is contrary to what trinitarians believe.No matter how you spin it plan scripture is given to prove the deity of Jesus.

As for as Jesus begotten by the Father you have to look at each passage.He was begotten when he entered into the egg in the womb of Mary.He is eternal there never has been a time in which He was not.

Ps.2,Acts 13:33,Heb. 5:5 speaks of His lineage from the Father.
Jn.1:14,1:18,3:16,3:18,1Jn.4 speaks of Him as being the only Son of God.
Rev.1:5 speaks of His resurrection from the dead

None of these have any thing to do with when He came into existance

Mic. 5:2 whose goings forth have been from of old,from everlasting(eternity,Time without end)