Dake Bible Discussion BoardDid GOD come in Human Form?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
the_truth

Did GOD come in Human Form?

Post by the_truth »

Question for all.

Whether Trinitarian or what not. Pagan religions believe that their "gods" could become humans. That they lived up somewhere and then could come down to Earth.(GOD(Jupiter) coming to Earth as a man)

Many say that Jesus lived in Eternity and came down to Earth and became man(i.e. GOD(Jesus) coming to Earth as a man).

Acts 14:11 ... The gods are COME DOWN to us in the likeness of men.

CHRIST didn't come down as "GOD" or even as "a GOD". CHRIST was born. To say that CHRIST existed and was GOD from eternity equates to GOD coming down from Heaven in the likeness of man just as the pagan religions believed but called their gods by another name.

This doctrine was repudiated by the Prophets and Apostles. What doctrine was that? That "GOD" would come down from Heaven in the likeness of man. What did the Apostles tell them? They said the ONE GOD winked at this type of doctrine. They told them to turn to the LIVING GOD. Now who was the LIVING GOD. Jesus was NOT and IS NOT the LIVING GOD. HE was the CHRIST who was to BE BORN.

Matt 16:16 Peter confessed and said, "JESUS is THE SON of THE LIVING GOD. This PROVES that JESUS is not THE SAME ONE as THE LIVING GOD. The Tanach and all the Prophets and Apostles prove that THE ONE GOD, Father of all, called I AM in Scriptures, HE is THE LIVING GOD. PROOF TEXT: Jeremiah 10:10 But THE LORD is the TRUE LIVING GOD(ELOHIM) and an Everlasting King....

What did Jesus say? Flesh and blood didn't reveal this but THE LIVING GOD, THE FATHER in Heaven.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: Did GOD come in Human Form?

Post by Ironman »

the_truth wrote:Question for all.

Whether Trinitarian or what not. Pagan religions believe that their "gods" could become humans. That they lived up somewhere and then could come down to Earth.(GOD(Jupiter) coming to Earth as a man)

Many say that Jesus lived in Eternity and came down to Earth and became man(i.e. GOD(Jesus) coming to Earth as a man).

CHRIST didn't come down as "GOD" or even as "a GOD". CHRIST was born. To say that CHRIST existed and was GOD from eternity equates to GOD coming down from Heaven in the likeness of man just as the pagan religions believed but called their gods by another name.

This doctrine was repudiated by the Prophets and Apostles. What doctrine was that? That "GOD" would come down from Heaven in the likeness of man. What did the Apostles tell them? They said the ONE GOD winked at this type of doctrine. They told them to turn to the LIVING GOD. Now who was the LIVING GOD. Jesus was NOT and IS NOT the LIVING GOD. HE was the CHRIST who was to BE BORN.

Matt 16:16 Peter confessed and said, "JESUS is THE SON of THE LIVING GOD. This PROVES that JESUS is not THE SAME ONE as THE LIVING GOD. The Tanach and all the Prophets and Apostles prove that THE ONE GOD, Father of all, called I AM in Scriptures, HE is THE LIVING GOD. PROOF TEXT: Jeremiah 10:10 But THE LORD is the TRUE LIVING GOD(ELOHIM) and an Everlasting King....

What did Jesus say? Flesh and blood didn't reveal this but THE LIVING GOD, THE FATHER in Heaven.
As the WORD He had no beginning, but after He freely laid aside this form, He as a man, He was born of a woman as it was prophsised He would be, It was then that He as a man had a beginning.

It was prophecied that He, THE WORD, would be born of a human mother and become a man, (Gen. 3:15; Isa. 7:14; 9:6-7; 11:1; 53:1-12; Ps. 22).

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this." (Isaiah 9:6-7).

He always was and always will be according the many untwisted, no need to be interperted plain simple to read and understand scriptures.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."(John 1:1); "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." (John 1:14).

In Phil. 2:5-11 Paul speaks of Christ being in God's form and that He laid aside this form and limited His attributes and powers as God to become a man. These powers were given back to Him when He was exalted to the highest place with God, (Coll. 3:1; Mark 16:19), after His lowest humiliation and limitation before God-even to do nothing, say nothing, be nothing and depend entirely upon God the Father for needed grace for body, soul, and spirit, and make a sucess of the work the Father sent Him into the world to do (Phil 2:9-11; Eph. 1:21-23; Col. 1:15-24; 1 Pet. 3:22). We know He did not keep His powers and position whilst a man, else He could not have been exalted back to it.

If He had not laid aside all His Glory and power He could not have had it restored to Him as stated in John 17:5. If He had retained all His riches while on Earth He could not have become poor for our sakes as taught in 2 Cor. 8:9. If He had kept His divine form He could not have taken on human form as taught by Phil. 2:5-11.
Last edited by Ironman on Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Hey Leon care to chime in on this... And Haz very good reply

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Rocky wrote:

Hey Leon care to chime in on this... And Haz very good reply
Thanks Rocky. Mate, I just edited it as I made a couple of minor spelling mistakes and I added a word or two here and there after I had time to think. My typings not the best, (coal miners worn out and broken fingers type hands).

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

i feel ill :arrow: inside

the_truth

Post by the_truth »

Interesting exegesis Haz and Rocky.

You all fly all over the place. Got's to keep it simple.

So are you telling me that the LIVING GOD came down in the likeness of man just as the pagan religions believe their "gods" came down in the likeness of men? Yes or No. BTW, they even worshipped them.

the_truth

Post by the_truth »

macca wrote:i feel ill :arrow: inside
Macca,
Don't cry inside, get your Bible and let's do as the Bereans. My time is short. I have to work so my posting will come to end tonight. Meditate on the Scriptures i posted and ask yourself, Did the LIVING GOD you serve come down in the likeness of men as the other pagan religions, or did HE not beget a SON after the likeness of MAN, who had was tempted in every way like us because HE was a MAN, but YET HE LEARNED obedience from what HE suffered thereby becoming perfect. Heb 5:8.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

the_truth wrote:Interesting exegesis Haz and Rocky.

So are you telling me that the LIVING GOD came down in the likeness of man just as the pagan religions believe their "gods" came down in the likeness of men? Yes or No. BTW, they even worshipped them.
Hi truth,

Did the the second person in the Trinity (the Word) come donw in likeness of man as the pagan religions believe... ???

NO, not as they teach.

But YES the second person of the Trinity (the WORD) did come down and take on the form and fashion of a man as the Bible teaches.
John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Philippians 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Dake answers your question
In Christ alone -- not in the philosophies, vain deceit, human traditions of the Jews and Gentiles, or the world principles -- will be found the fullness of the Godhead in reality, or bodily. Jewish institutions were mere shadows of the realities and of the redemption made through the offering of the body of Christ in sacrifice (Col. 2:14-17; Mt. 26:26-28; Rom. 7:6; Eph. 2:16; Heb. 10:1-18; 1Pet. 2:24). Hence, the Greek word somatikos (GSN-<G4985>), bodily, refers to that which is real in contrast to that which is typical, or shadowy as in Col. 2:17; Heb. 10:1. It is found only here. The Greek word for Godhead is Theotes (GSN-<G2320>), meaning Deity. It occurs only here and relates to the Godhead or Deity personally. Christ is the personal and bodily manifestation of all the fullness of Deity. He was God incarnate and the manifestation of all the fullness of God's power and blessings to men (Isa. 7:14; 9:6; Mt. 1:18-25; Lk. 1:34-35). The fullness of the Holy Spirit rested upon Him and worked through His body (Isa. 11:2; 42:1-7; 61:1-2; Jn. 3:34; Acts 10:38). The fullness of redemption from the Deity came through His body (1Pet. 2:24). This is why we become complete in Him and why He is the head of all principality and power (Col. 2:10; 1:16-18; Eph. 1:20-23; Php. 2:9-11; 1Pet. 3:22). Finis Jennings Dake, Dake's Annotated Reference Bible: Containing the Old and New Testaments of the Authorized or King James Version Text, (Lawrenceville, GA: Dake Bible Sales, Inc., 1997), WORDsearch CROSS e-book, Under: "Chapter 2".

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

bibleman wrote:
the_truth wrote:Interesting exegesis Haz and Rocky.

Hi truth,

Did the the second person in the Trinity (the Word) come donw in likeness of man as the pagan religions believe... ???

NO, not as they teach.

But YES the second person of the Trinity (the WORD) did come down and take on the form and fashion of a man as the Bible teaches.
John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Philippians 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Dake answers your question
In Christ alone -- not in the philosophies, vain deceit, human traditions of the Jews and Gentiles, or the world principles -- will be found the fullness of the Godhead in reality, or bodily. Jewish institutions were mere shadows of the realities and of the redemption made through the offering of the body of Christ in sacrifice (Col. 2:14-17; Mt. 26:26-28; Rom. 7:6; Eph. 2:16; Heb. 10:1-18; 1Pet. 2:24). Hence, the Greek word somatikos (GSN-<G4985>), bodily, refers to that which is real in contrast to that which is typical, or shadowy as in Col. 2:17; Heb. 10:1. It is found only here. The Greek word for Godhead is Theotes (GSN-<G2320>), meaning Deity. It occurs only here and relates to the Godhead or Deity personally. Christ is the personal and bodily manifestation of all the fullness of Deity. He was God incarnate and the manifestation of all the fullness of God's power and blessings to men (Isa. 7:14; 9:6; Mt. 1:18-25; Lk. 1:34-35). The fullness of the Holy Spirit rested upon Him and worked through His body (Isa. 11:2; 42:1-7; 61:1-2; Jn. 3:34; Acts 10:38). The fullness of redemption from the Deity came through His body (1Pet. 2:24). This is why we become complete in Him and why He is the head of all principality and power (Col. 2:10; 1:16-18; Eph. 1:20-23; Php. 2:9-11; 1Pet. 3:22). Finis Jennings Dake, Dake's Annotated Reference Bible: Containing the Old and New Testaments of the Authorized or King James Version Text, (Lawrenceville, GA: Dake Bible Sales, Inc., 1997), WORDsearch CROSS e-book, Under: "Chapter 2".
Bibleman, He's gonna ignore all that truth you just gave him like He's ignored everything else.

He's not only an expert in the Hebrew and the Greek, he can check hundreds of Scriptures given him on a subject in minutes, denying the Word regardless.

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

"My time is short. I have to work so my posting will come to end tonight."

Will yourposting come to an end 'Temporarily, Forever, or forever and forever, you know, like Hell, and begin again some time in another age,' so we know what not to expect?

Any-way, Thats the first and best thing you have said in days of posting gibberish and your own pet theories whether you mean it or not thats pleased me at least? :lol!: