Dake Bible Discussion BoardDid GOD come in Human Form?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Rocky

Re: Did GOD come in Human Form?

Post by Rocky »

dolph wrote:Leon, I'm sure Darren understands Dr. Dake's explanation of the Trinity, he has been a member here for four years.

What about yourself, do you think Jesus was all man and all God?? Can an animal be all dog and all fish at the same time???? Rocky?? Anyone??
I address this in the thread John 14:14 in my last reply on there. dolph, are you denying the incarnation of Jesus, Or the deity of Jesus, or both?

the_truth

Post by the_truth »

Rocky wrote:
dolph wrote:Leon, I'm sure Darren understands Dr. Dake's explanation of the Trinity, he has been a member here for four years.

What about yourself, do you think Jesus was all man and all God?? Can an animal be all dog and all fish at the same time???? Rocky?? Anyone??
I address this in the thread John 14:14 in my last reply on there. dolph, are you denying the incarnation of Jesus, Or the deity of Jesus, or both?
Rocky,
What do you mean by Deity? Is Jesus "A GOD"?

Pick one and explain yourself(taken from dictionary.com):

1. a god or goddess.
2. divine character or nature, especially that of the Supreme Being; divinity.
3. the estate or rank of a god: The king attained deity after his death.
4. a person or thing revered as a god or goddess: a society in which money is the only deity.
5. the Deity, God; Supreme Being.

Now you see why i prefer to use the language of the Bible.

macca
After the Holy Ghost Has Come Upon You, Ye Shall Be My Witnesses

Post by macca »

:crazyeyes: oh dear pass the pills i have an attack of the vapours :scatter: :lol!:

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

macca wrote::crazyeyes: oh dear pass the pills i have an attack of the vapours :scatter: :lol!:
Nuff to make a bloke buy a slab or ten! I'm sure that bloke was a shovel operator at BF open cut!

Truly, He used to bring his German Shepherd Dog (German: Deutscher Schäferhund), also known as an Alsatian, part Alsatian, part German Shepherd, part Schaferhund, but It was definately %100 all dog, to work, and it used to do %100 of its business in the shower block, on the clean side! The bath house attendant caught it one morning took it out the back and shot it and threw it in the black-smiths unquenchable furnace where it remains to this day!
Last edited by Ironman on Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

dolph wrote:Then put it this way, can a dog be all German Shepard and all Dalmatian at the same time??? Check mate.
No, but its still %100 dog isnt it???

The best pig dog I ever owned, saved my life twice, was part pure pit bull terrier, from a Grey hound Dalmation cross, *. He was %100 dog all right. Powerful, had no fear, and lightning fast.The bigger the ferel boar the happier he was!

The only thing he couldnt do was talk although he tried many times. He used to go, "Eouw-uff-nnnngrrr- whoof," whilst rolling his tongue and at the same time violently wagging his tail, every time, YES EVERY TIME! I fed him. I think he was saying thank you dad! Or maybe, Not serloin steak again dad!

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

brodave

Post by brodave »

There is One LIving God made up of three persons; The Father,The Son ,andThe Holy Spirit: IJohn 5:7 The Word being the Son(JESUE) What's so hard about that?

the_truth

Post by the_truth »

brodave wrote:There is One LIving God made up of three persons; The Father,The Son ,andThe Holy Spirit: IJohn 5:7 The Word being the Son(JESUE) What's so hard about that?
Hi brodave,
There is nothing hard about that verse when one takes it as it is. But on the other hand, when extrapolates a doctrine upon this verse such as what you have outlined, then slight a problem creeps in. Let me explain.

You believe that the ONE LIVING GOD is "made up of 3 persons, which means that you do not believe that THE LIVING GOD IS a person(i.e ordinal in number). HE consists of 3 people(GODS) therefore THE FATHER is ONE LIVING GOD, THE SON is THE LIVING GOD, and THE HOLY GHOST is the ONE LIVING GOD. This is the exact opposite of oneness. ONENESS believe that the ONE GOD really is only 1 Person, but he EXIST as Father, Son, and Spirit.

***************Here is the challenge: where in the Tanach or even in the Scriptures did GOD HIMSELF declare HIMSELF to be made UP of ANY PERSON? And the Tanach show explicitly how THE MOST HIGH declared HIMSELF to be. If you can't find such statements, then that should cause you to seriously think again when one says GOD is "made up" or "consist of "x" persons" *********************

First, the Prophets of old, neither the Tanach, nor Jesus talk about the ONE LIVING GOD as being "made up" of any person. Please read all my post on this matter. They have always declared that there is ONLY GOD and HE is the FATHER of all. Right? Jesus is the SON(Lord and Savior) and HE himself declared that HE served THE ONE LIVING GOD, which means that HE did not view HIMSELF as the LIVING GOD. The TRUE ONENESS of GOD which is proved by the Tanach is that HE is THE GOD and there is NO OTHER. The SON is is NOT HIM. The Spirit is NOT HIM because the Spirit is ONLY Power of the Most High. What the Tanach and what Jesus declared is the ONENESS of GOD, by Person AND Work. HE ONE in WORK in this fashion: Jesus could only do the work because of THE FATHER that was IN HIM. I will prove that ONENESS deals with Jesus' work. Goto John 10 Jesus told them THE WORK HE did was in HIS Father's Name; meaning by HIS Authority. Then HE declared that NO ONE could snatch any away from HIM because GOD the FATHER gave HIM JESUS eternal life to give to others. The Pharisees got mad because THIS MAN claimed "A WORK" that the Tanach said could only be done by GOD ALMIGHTY. What did Jesus say, HE said MY Father and I are ONE. Not that I AM the Father. The reason HE said they were ONE is because of the SAME WORK THE FATHER did, JESUS(THE SON) did because it was the FATHER in HIM that was doing the work. Read John 10 and 14.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

the_truth wrote:
Rocky wrote:

Rocky,
What do you mean by Deity? Is Jesus "A GOD"?

Pick one and explain yourself(taken from dictionary.com):

1. a god or goddess.
2. divine character or nature, especially that of the Supreme Being; divinity.
3. the estate or rank of a god: The king attained deity after his death.
4. a person or thing revered as a god or goddess: a society in which money is the only deity.
5. the Deity, God; Supreme Being.

Now you see why i prefer to use the language of the Bible.
I was not going to do this but you used these versions in your 1 Tim 3:16 thread, which I posted there first before I did here. Languages of the bible? which version? Truth your NASB NIV uses this word. NASB- 1 cor 2:9For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form,
Now NIV 1 cor 2:9 For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form
Now for a few other translations of that same verse
ESV- For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily,
RSV- For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily
I prefer Godhead and I am not a big fan of newer translations.
KJV- For in him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.
I see your buffet tactics of using scripter transcends bible translation as well..
Do you see how silly you are being +wink

the_truth

Post by the_truth »

Rocky wrote: I was not going to do this but you used these versions in your 1 Tim 3:16 thread, which I posted there first before I did here. Languages of the bible? which version? Truth your NASB NIV uses this word. NASB- 1 cor 2:9For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form,
Now NIV 1 cor 2:9 For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form
Now for a few other translations of that same verse
ESV- For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily,
RSV- For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily
I prefer Godhead and I am not a big fan of newer translations.
KJV- For in him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.
I see your buffet tactics of using scripter transcends bible translation as well..
Do you see how silly you are being +wink
I probably should have explained what i mean by the "language of the Bible". It doesn't mean NASB, KJV, or any other translations. When i say use the language of the Bible that mean to the words according to how the Holy Spirit use them. I asked you what "Deity" meant and you never answered. "Deity" is a English western translation. But the Greek used in ALL case was theoteœs which means "divine". Now the Scripture doesn't say Jesus is[/i] GODHEAD(theoteœs)? Now does it. The Scripture doesn't say that Jesus is "divine nature"? Now does it? The Scripture says that the FULLNESS of the DIVINE NATURE pertaining to the FATHER is IN HIM. You continually throw a red-herring about me denying THE SON's Deity. When I explicitly stated THE SON is THE exact SAME IMAGE of FATHER which means HE has all the SAME attributes of the FATHER.

As usual you ignore all questions i ask, i understand why.
Find me the Scripture where it say JESUS is DEITY? Let me say that you can never find it. The Divine Nature of THE FATHER dwelt in HIM just as i have said in several posts. You use the "Orthodox Christianity" to assert that JESUS is Deity, vice the fact that it is the fullness of THE DIVINE NATURE that indwells HIM.

************************************************** I will restate my question*********************************************************
When the Apostle Peter preached JESUS? What did HE say in Acts 3? Did HE preach HIM as "DEITY"? Did he preach him as "GOD"? The answer is NO.
*****************************************************************************************************************************************
He preached THE SON, THE CHRIST as a MAN approved by the ONE GOD, THE FATHER, who was appointed as LORD and SAVIOR. Tell did Apostle Peter say Acts 2:22 that JESUS was GOD approved by GOD? NO. He said A MAN approved by THE GOD. Peter declared that THE MESSIAH was LORD and SAVIOR. Go check my other post where i point what he said in his letters. The problem is that you do understand what THE SON OF LIVING GOD means and the significance of THE MESSIAH. That is why you have to make HIM "GOD"

Not ONE verse preached THE SON as GOD. NOT one Scripture preached HIM as GOD the Son. Every apostle and the Scripture confirmed that HE was preached as THE MAN sent from THE ONE GOD is who LORD and CHRIST/Savior.

brodave

Post by brodave »

God is One Being made up of three personages(not people)The Father(the begetter)The Son (the begotten) The Holy Spirit who is sent from the Father and the Son.Jesus is eternal He has always been.He came to earth as a man to pay for our redemption.He is very God and very man.