Dake Bible Discussion BoardDid GOD come in Human Form?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
bibleman
Administrator

Re: Did GOD come in Human Form?

Post by bibleman »

Ironman wrote:
bibleman wrote:
the_truth wrote:Interesting exegesis Haz and Rocky.

You all fly all over the place. Got's to keep it simple.

So are you telling me that the LIVING GOD came down in the likeness of man just as the pagan religions believe their "gods" came down in the likeness of men? Yes or No. BTW, they even worshipped them.
Hi truth,

Did the the second person in the Trinity (the Word) come donw in likeness of man as the pagan religions believe... ???

NO, not as they teach.

But YES the second person of the Trinity (the WORD) did come down and take on the form and fashion of a man as the Bible teaches.
John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Philippians 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Dake answers your question
In Christ alone -- not in the philosophies, vain deceit, human traditions of the Jews and Gentiles, or the world principles -- will be found the fullness of the Godhead in reality, or bodily. Jewish institutions were mere shadows of the realities and of the redemption made through the offering of the body of Christ in sacrifice (Col. 2:14-17; Mt. 26:26-28; Rom. 7:6; Eph. 2:16; Heb. 10:1-18; 1Pet. 2:24). Hence, the Greek word somatikos (GSN-<G4985>), bodily, refers to that which is real in contrast to that which is typical, or shadowy as in Col. 2:17; Heb. 10:1. It is found only here. The Greek word for Godhead is Theotes (GSN-<G2320>), meaning Deity. It occurs only here and relates to the Godhead or Deity personally. Christ is the personal and bodily manifestation of all the fullness of Deity. He was God incarnate and the manifestation of all the fullness of God's power and blessings to men (Isa. 7:14; 9:6; Mt. 1:18-25; Lk. 1:34-35). The fullness of the Holy Spirit rested upon Him and worked through His body (Isa. 11:2; 42:1-7; 61:1-2; Jn. 3:34; Acts 10:38). The fullness of redemption from the Deity came through His body (1Pet. 2:24). This is why we become complete in Him and why He is the head of all principality and power (Col. 2:10; 1:16-18; Eph. 1:20-23; Php. 2:9-11; 1Pet. 3:22). Finis Jennings Dake, Dake's Annotated Reference Bible: Containing the Old and New Testaments of the Authorized or King James Version Text, (Lawrenceville, GA: Dake Bible Sales, Inc., 1997), WORDsearch CROSS e-book, Under: "Chapter 2".
Bibleman, He's gonna ignore all that truth you just gave him like He's ignored everything else.

He's not only an expert in the Hebrew and the Greek, he can check hundreds of Scriptures given him on a subject in minutes, denying the Word regardless.
Not a problem... I took Hebrew and Greek in Seminary! +wink

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Hi Bibleman, Its all Greek to me. I had to study German before I became an operator in the caol industry?

Pawling &Harnischfeger liked the operators of their Mining, Blasthole Drills, Draglines, Shovels and Diesel-electric rope shovels with articulating hydraulic clamshells to be able to speak German with their visiting engineers during rebuilds and cyclic maintanence.

See: Ich kann deutsch sprechen;

"Dies Machine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mitten-grabben.
Is easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfuse and poppencorken mit spitzer sparken. Is nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das rubber necken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets, relaxen und watch das blinken lights."

Cheers, Haz. :lol!:

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

macca
After the Holy Ghost Has Come Upon You, Ye Shall Be My Witnesses

Post by macca »

Mannesmann Demag Baumashinen 50 Jahre Baggerfabrik, Verschleibteile Durch nichts ersetzen !

Ha remember it well, the germans would get on the 2 way and jabber away, then i would start talking in tongues to them ha ha :mrgreen:

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

macca wrote:Mannesmann Demag Baumashinen 50 Jahre Baggerfabrik, Verschleibteile Durch nichts ersetzen !

Ha remember it well, the germans would get on the 2 way and jabber away, then i would start talking in tongues to them ha ha :mrgreen:
:lol!: :lol!: we had 4 Drills, 2 draglines and 2 face shovels, a 2800 and a 5700, the first in Australia! Those were the days mate. Thats how it was at B.Field.

The super knew I could speak and understand the German language and when ever the krauts turned up management lasso'd me and I had to put up with all their Sauerkraut, liverwurst and bloodwurst, (yuck), how could they eat that filth and live? and pumpernickle sandwitches at meal time??

When I ended up getting the nick, Father Haz, I knew it was time and I was glad to get out of there! I was on my own fighting the whole team. They loved me for a while when iIwas able to negociate a whole new wage structure for them. A $200 increase per week, for all, regardless of the number of skilles as long as they were willing to train, then they stabbed me in the back and tried to steal my $700 end of year delegates bonus, behind my back! Thats human nature controed by our adversary!

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

macca
After the Holy Ghost Has Come Upon You, Ye Shall Be My Witnesses

Post by macca »

not many christians on the ground mixed up in the labour movement Haz!!! if there are they are sure hidden..

the_truth

Post by the_truth »

Ironman wrote: As the WORD He had no beginning, but after He freely laid aside this form, He as a man, He was born of a woman as it was prophsised He would be, It was then that He as a man had a beginning.

It was prophecied that He, THE WORD, would be born of a human mother and become a man, (Gen. 3:15; Isa. 7:14; 9:6-7; 11:1; 53:1-12; Ps. 22).

I'm going to take this 1 step at a time. Who is HE? I think i know, but i don't want to do as you all and attribute words or statements to you that you might not have meant. Is the HE, JESUS?

the_truth

Post by the_truth »

bibleman wrote: So are you telling me that the LIVING GOD came down in the likeness of man just as the pagan religions believe their "gods" came down in the likeness of men? Yes or No. BTW, they even worshipped them.
Hi truth,

Did the the second person in the Trinity (the Word) come donw in likeness of man as the pagan religions believe... ???

NO, not as they teach.

But YES the second person of the Trinity (the WORD) did come down and take on the form and fashion of a man as the Bible teaches.
Thanks, Leon. Question for you. I'm trying to understand exactly what you are saying.

My assumptions about what you believe, can you confirm or deny.
1. GOD THE FATHER has soul, spirit, and body. And HE is GOD, hence A PERSON
2. THE WORD has soul, spirit, and body. HE is GOD, hence A PERSON
3. The Holy Ghost has a soul, spirit, and body. HE is GOD, hence A PERSON.

Therefore, there are 3 PERSONS in your definition of the "godhead". Am i correct?
And the next question, is JESUS the same person as THE WORD?

Reuben
Pray Always with All Perseverance for All Saints

Post by Reuben »

the_truth wrote:Question for all.

Whether Trinitarian or what not. Pagan religions believe that their "gods" could become humans. That they lived up somewhere and then could come down to Earth.(GOD(Jupiter) coming to Earth as a man)

Many say that Jesus lived in Eternity and came down to Earth and became man(i.e. GOD(Jesus) coming to Earth as a man).

Acts 14:11 ... The gods are COME DOWN to us in the likeness of men.

CHRIST didn't come down as "GOD" or even as "a GOD". CHRIST was born. To say that CHRIST existed and was GOD from eternity equates to GOD coming down from Heaven in the likeness of man just as the pagan religions believed but called their gods by another name.

This doctrine was repudiated by the Prophets and Apostles. What doctrine was that? That "GOD" would come down from Heaven in the likeness of man. What did the Apostles tell them? They said the ONE GOD winked at this type of doctrine. They told them to turn to the LIVING GOD. Now who was the LIVING GOD. Jesus was NOT and IS NOT the LIVING GOD. HE was the CHRIST who was to BE BORN.

Matt 16:16 Peter confessed and said, "JESUS is THE SON of THE LIVING GOD. This PROVES that JESUS is not THE SAME ONE as THE LIVING GOD. The Tanach and all the Prophets and Apostles prove that THE ONE GOD, Father of all, called I AM in Scriptures, HE is THE LIVING GOD. PROOF TEXT: Jeremiah 10:10 But THE LORD is the TRUE LIVING GOD(ELOHIM) and an Everlasting King....

What did Jesus say? Flesh and blood didn't reveal this but THE LIVING GOD, THE FATHER in Heaven.
I keep reading this an I am getting lost. Help me by clarifying some things if you would.

1. You said "CHRIST didn't come down as "GOD" or even as "a GOD". CHRIST was born." Could you clarify your position here - do you then believe Christ was not God since he was born, that he came into existence as a God or God at the manger? Or, Jesus was never God, was not God and will not be God?

2. You said "This doctrine was repudiated by the Prophets and Apostles. What doctrine was that? That "GOD" would come down from Heaven in the likeness of man. What did the Apostles tell them? They said the ONE GOD winked at this type of doctrine. They told them to turn to the LIVING GOD. Now who was the LIVING GOD. Jesus was NOT and IS NOT the LIVING GOD. HE was the CHRIST who was to BE BORN." You were quoting from Acts ch. 14 and then you fast-forward to Acts ch. 17. Chapter 17 is speaking of God not being a dead idol made of man's hands - I don't see them speaking here concerning the doctrine of incarnation etc. Could you clarify your position here as to what you really believe - Jesus did not come down from Heaven and he is not the same as the Word mentioned in John 1:1 and then Micah 5:2?

3. You said "Matt 16:16 Peter confessed and said, "JESUS is THE SON of THE LIVING GOD. This PROVES that JESUS is not THE SAME ONE as THE LIVING GOD. The Tanach and all the Prophets and Apostles prove that THE ONE GOD, Father of all, called I AM in Scriptures, HE is THE LIVING GOD. PROOF TEXT: Jeremiah 10:10 But THE LORD is the TRUE LIVING GOD(ELOHIM) and an Everlasting King...." Yet in John 8:58 Jesus specifically said he was "I am" didn't he? It appears you do believe in a Trinity here in the last paragraph - am I right? Do you believe in a Trinity but not before the birth?

Just curious about some things - thank you for your reply.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

the_truth wrote:
bibleman wrote: So are you telling me that the LIVING GOD came down in the likeness of man just as the pagan religions believe their "gods" came down in the likeness of men? Yes or No. BTW, they even worshipped them.
Hi truth,

NO, not as they teach.

Thanks, Leon. Question for you. I'm trying to understand exactly what you are saying.

My assumptions about what you believe, can you confirm or deny.
1. GOD THE FATHER has soul, spirit, and body. And HE is GOD, hence A PERSON
2. THE WORD has soul, spirit, and body. HE is GOD, hence A PERSON
3. The Holy Ghost has a soul, spirit, and body. HE is GOD, hence A PERSON.

Therefore, there are 3 PERSONS in your definition of the "godhead". Am i correct?
And the next question, is JESUS the same person as THE WORD?
Hey truth,

Here is what the Bible teaches.

1. GOD THE FATHER has soul, spirit, and SPIRIT body. And HE is GOD, hence A PERSON
2. THE WORD has soul, spirit, and a PHYSICAL body (NOW GLORIFIED PHYSICAL BODY). HE is GOD, hence A PERSON
3. The Holy Ghost has a soul, spirit, and SPIRIT body. HE is GOD, hence A PERSON.

There are 3 persons in the Godhead.
Jesus is the same person as the WORD.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Reuben
Pray Always with All Perseverance for All Saints

Post by Reuben »

dolph wrote:I believe Darren is saying that Jesus was born a man at the manger and became the exact image of the Father and the first begotten or born again as a Son of God the Father. That Jesus' existence began at His birth on earth. That the "word" in John 1:1 was part of God the Father. Darren???

But then, how could He have been the Creator??? And how do you explain the word becoming flesh??? Is that figurative language???
I suspect that you are right concerning Darren's position on the matter. If so, he will have to explain a lot of scriptures away that make references using personal pronouns concerning his preexistence. Well, we will have to wait and see. I know Leon has answered some questions that Darren had for him so we will have to allow him to tackle one by one I guess.