Dake Bible Discussion BoardDid GOD come in Human Form?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
brodave

Re: Did GOD come in Human Form?

Post by brodave »

Heb.1:8 But onto the Son He saith,Thy throne O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of the kingdom. 9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity: therefore God even thy God, hath anointed the with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word ,and the word was with God,and the word was God.
Rev.1:8 I am Alpha and Omega,the beginning and the ending,saith the Lord,which is ,and which was,and which is to come, the ALMIGHTY
Rev.22:13 I am Alpha and Omega,The beginning and the end,the first and the last.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

There is nothing to fight about.In my life time 51 years ...i have never observed one person who
was a Hebrew and Greek egghead who was a Mother Etter,a Charles Parham,a William Seymour,a G.T. Haywood,a Oma Ellis,a Dad Hagin,an Oral Roberts or a William Branham ..... who were all greatly used of God.

The Bible says that God was with us 2000 years ago in Israel.that the Word was God. that God was manifested in the flesh. that we are looking for our God and Saviour Jesus Christ.that there is One Everlasting Father,One Mighty God,One my Lord and my God,One only wise God immortal,One King of Kings,One Lord of Glory,One Alpha and Omega.....HIS NAME IS THE LORD JESUS CHRIST.
Folks can stubbornly reject the Deity of Christ and seal their doom John 8:24...and there is a doom to avoid Jude says saving some with compassion and some with fear pulling them out of the fire.there is a Heaven to gain and a Hell to shun......No Greek or Hebrew wresting of words and indefinite articles and the rest of that nonsense folks do in rebellion against God ....will change the revealed Word of God. +hammer +hammer +hammer

the_truth wrote:
branham1965 wrote:DO YOU SEE THE FRUIT OF THIS FALSE TEACHING???!!!!
WHOM DO MEN SAY THAT I AM???? That question is the most important question any human being will ever be asked. as Reverend Angley says.
And i just love love the :-D Greek ,Hebrew stuff .I have not seen the so called silly HO THEOS argument since brawling with Jehovah's Witnesses. :scatter:

Time for you to step up to plate, Billy. Because you can't understand Greek nor Hebrew, don't fault me. Let's brawl, but in "love".

Answer me this: Is there a difference in the English language between an indefinite and definite article? Is there difference between these statements: "A BOOK and THE BOOK". One could be any book, the other points to a specific book.

The Holy Spirit referred to THE FATHER as "Ho Theos"(THE FATHER), and NOT JESUS (THE SON) in every case where the greek term "Ho Theos" is used in the NT. So why should we change that because of the tradition of men. What gives you the right or anybody the right to use a title that is not ascribed to HIM.

The Scripture confirm that the THE FATHER and THE SON are 2 distinct persons and if you believe THE GOD of Abraham came down from heaven as a Human baby, then YOU have believed as the Pagans because the Pagans believe and taught that their GODS came down TO EARTH as men.

You asked the question and the Answer is what the Apostle Peter. HE is THE SON of THE LIVING GOD(Ho THEOS) who was made LORD and SAVIOR. HE was not made THE GOD and THE FATHER, another JESUS that is taught by "Orthodox Christianity". I think JW believe HE was "a god". Not ME! I believe as the Apostle and Prophets and Jesus taught: I believe in ONLY ONE GOD, Father of all and HIS SON whom was born of a woman, the seed of David, who was made LORD and SAVIOR, and who is the EXPRESS IMAGE OF HIS PERSON[GOD-Ho Theos] :smile: That's straight from the Bible and that is the Monotheistic Doctrine that the TRUE Apostles believed before distortion came in via Orthodox Christianity(Trinitarisim and Oneness, JW). And look how everybody find fault with that statement. That is :crazyeyes:

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

HUNDRED FACTS ABOUT JESUS CHRIST.

100 Things You Need To Know About Jesus

1) Jesus claimed to be God - John 8:24; 8:56-59 (see Exodus 3:14); John 10:30-33

2) Jesus created all things - John 1:3; Col. 1:15-17

3) Jesus is before all things - Col. 1:17

4) Jesus is eternal - John 1:1,14 ; 8:58

5) Jesus is honored the same as the Father - John 5:23

6) Jesus is prayed to - Acts 7:55-60

7) Jesus is worshipped - Matt. 2:2,11; 14:33; John 9:35-38; Heb. 1:6

8) Jesus is called God - John 1:1,14; 20:28; Col. 2:9; Titus 2:13

9) Jesus is omnipresent - Matt. 28:20

10) Jesus is with us always - Matt. 28:20

11) Jesus is our only mediator between God and ourselves - 1 Tim. 2:5

12) Jesus is the guarantee of a better covenant - Heb. 7:22; 8:6

13) Jesus said, "I AM the Bread of Life" - John 6:35,41,48,51

14) Jesus said, "I AM the Door" - John 10:7,9

15) Jesus said, "I AM the Good Shepherd" - John 10:11,14

16) Jesus said, "I AM the Way the Truth and The Life" - John 14:6

17) Jesus said, "I AM the Light of the world" - John 8:12; 9:5; 12:46; Luke 2:32

18) Jesus said, "I AM the True Vine" - John 15:1,5

19) Jesus said, "I AM the Resurrection and the Life" - John 11:25

20) Jesus said, "I AM the First and the Last" - Rev. 1:17; 2:8; 22:13

21) Jesus always lives to make intercession for us - Heb. 7:25

22) Jesus cleanses from sin - 1 John 1:9

23) Jesus discloses Himself to us - John 14:21

24) Jesus draws all men to Himself - John 12:32

25) Jesus forgives sins - Matt. 9:1-7; Luke 5:20; 7:48

26) Jesus gives eternal life - John 10:28; 5:40

27) Jesus gives joy - John 15:11

28) Jesus gives peace - John 14:27

29) Jesus has authority - Matt. 28:18; John 5:26-27; 17:2; 3:35

30) Jesus judges - John 5:22,27

31) Jesus knows all men - John 16:30

32) Jesus opens the mind to understand scripture - Luke 24:45

33) Jesus received honor and glory from the Father - 1 Pet. 1:17

34) Jesus resurrects - John 5:39; 6:40,44,54; 11:25-26

35) Jesus reveals grace and truth - John 1:17 see John 6:45

36) Jesus reveals the Father - Matt. 11:27; Luke 10:22

37) Jesus saves forever - Matt. 18:11; John 10:28; Heb. 7:25

38) Jesus bears witness of Himself - John 8:18; 14:6

39) Jesus' works bear witness of Himself - John 5:36; 10:25

40) The Father bears witness of Jesus - John 5:37; 8:18; 1 John 5:9

41) The Holy Spirit bears witness of Jesus - John 15:26

42) The multitudes bear witness of Jesus - John 12:17

43) The Prophets bear witness of Jesus - Acts 10:43

44) The Scriptures bear witness of Jesus - John 5:39

45) The Father will honor us if we serve Jesus - John 12:26 see Col. 3:24

46) The Father wants us to fellowship with Jesus - 1 Cor. 1:9

47) The Father tells us to listen to Jesus - Luke 9:35; Matt. 17:5

48) The Father tells us to come to Jesus - John 6:45

49) The Father draws us to Jesus - John 6:44

50) Everyone who's heard & learned from the Father comes to Jesus - John 6:45

51) The Law leads us to Christ - Gal. 3:24

52) Jesus is the Rock - 1 Cor. 10:4

53) Jesus is the Savior - John 4:42; 1 John 4:14

54) Jesus is King - Matt. 2:1-6; Luke 23:3

55) In Jesus are the treasures of wisdom and knowledge - Col. 2:2-3

56) In Jesus we have been made complete Col. 2:10

57) Jesus indwells us - Col. 1:27

58) Jesus sanctifies - Heb. 2:11

59) Jesus loves - Eph. 5:25

60) We come to Jesus - John 5:50; 6:35,37,45,65; 7:37;

61) We sin against Jesus - 1 Cor. 8:12

62) We receive Jesus - John 1:12; Col. 2:6

63) Jesus makes many righteous - Rom. 5:19

64) Jesus is the image of the invisible God - Heb. 1:3

65) Jesus sends the Holy Spirit - John 15:26

66) Jesus abides forever - Heb. 7:24

67) Jesus offered up Himself - Heb. 7:27; 9:14

68) Jesus offered one sacrifice for sins for all time - Heb. 10:12

69) The Son of God has given us understanding - 1 John 5:20

70) Jesus is the author and perfecter of our faith - Heb. 12:2

71) Jesus is the Apostle and High Priest of our confession - Heb. 1:3

72) Jesus is preparing a place for us in heaven - John 14:1-4

73) Jesus cleanses us from our sins by His blood - Rev. 1:5; Rom. 5:9

74) Jesus is the Light of the world - Rom. 9:5

75) Jesus has explained the Father - John 1:18

76) Jesus was crucified because of weakness - 2 Cor. 13:4

77) Jesus has overcome the world - John 16:33

78) Truth is in Jesus - Eph. 4:21

79) The fruit of righteousness comes through Jesus Christ - Phil. 1:11

80) Jesus delivers us from the wrath to come - 1 Thess. 1:10

81) Disciples bear witness of Jesus Christ - John 15:27

82) Jesus died and rose again - 1 Thess. 4:14

83) The Christian dead have fallen asleep in Jesus - 1 Thess. 4:15

84) Jesus died for us - 1 Thess. 5:10

85) Jesus tasted death for everyone - Heb. 2:9

86) Jesus rendered the devil powerless - Heb. 2:14

87) Jesus is able to save completely - Heb. 7:25

88) Jesus was a ransom for many and to serve - Matt. 20:28

89) Jesus came to be a high priest - Heb. 2:17

90) Jesus came to save - John 3:17; Luke 19:10

91) Jesus came to preach the kingdom of God - Luke 4:43

92) Jesus came to bring division - Luke 12:51

93) Jesus came to do the will of the Father - John 6:38

94) Jesus came to give the Father's words - John 17:8

95) Jesus came to testify to the truth - John 18:37

96) Jesus came to die and destroy Satan's power - Heb. 2:14

97) Jesus came to fulfill the Law and the Prophets - Matt. 5:17

98) Jesus came to give life - John 10:10,28

99) Jesus came to taste death for everyone - Heb. 2:9

100) Jesus came to proclaim freedom for believers - Luke 4:18

Hope you find it useful as well.

(link used with permission-- http://www.raptureforums.com/BibleProph ... sfacts.cfm )

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

The Bible declares that the person we now know as Christ was one of the three divine beings of the Diety and that as God He had no beginning. It is this time before He bacame a man that we can refer to as His pre-existence. Technically, ther is no such thing as existence before Him as God, but He existed before He became a man, Mic. 5:1-2, John 1:1-5 ; John 8:58 ; 17:5, 24.

God the Father created all things by Him (Eph. 3:9) and the Holy Spirit, "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters, (Gen. 1:2).

Notice, there are three witnesses and "two things" that witness in Heaven and Earth "to" His "Sonship"

1. The Father (one person, who begat the Son),

When was He begotten?

It was written in the second psalm; "I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee." (Psalms 2:7);

And it was confirmed in (Acts 13:33); "God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee."

Jesus could not begett Himself. A Father cannot begett himself either, but a Father, the Father can and did begett a Son!

2. The Word (the Son, who was begotten, John 1:1-2, 14, 18; 3:16-18),

3. The Holy Ghost (a third person who bares witness in both Heaven and Earth and who was the actual power of begetting, Luke 1:32-35; Matt. 1:18-25);

The water (referring to the water baptism of Christ when witness was given to Him by the Father speaking of Him from Heaven and the Spirit from Heaven descending upon the Son, Matt.3:16-17; John 1:31-34; 1 John 5:6, 9), and the blood (which was shed to seal and witness the New Testament, Matt. 26:28).

The phrases "THESE THREE ARE ONE" and "THESE THREE AGREE IN ONE" mean the same thing as seen by like expressions in Scripture. In both cases the "THREE" are "ONE" in unity, or to one point; that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, and not the Father or the Holy Ghost.

Jesus said;

"And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are" (John 17:11);

"That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me" (John 17:21-23).

Jesus was not asking the Father to enable all the desciples to become omnibody as fundamental Christianity teaches Jesus, the Father and the Holy Spirit are? Jesus was asking the Father to keep them in unity, "one" as He and the Father were "one" in unity.

The Word, who was with God, and who was also God, in the beginning, (John 1:1), became flesh (John 1:14).

There is one God, the Father, who is over Jesus Christ, as Jesus Himself said; "Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I" (John 14:28).

The Father was always greater than the Word and is also greater than Jesus, "And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's." (1 Cor 3:23),

"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God" (1 Cor 11:3).

"My Father is greater than I" (John 14:28).

The Father cannot be greater than Himself neither can He be over Himself. He also could not raise Himself from the dead if He was in fact Jesus who truly died in mans stead, and being fully dead, raise Himself from the dead. It was the Father who was in Heaven who raised Jesus from the dead.

Reading Acts 13:29-30, "And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took him down from the tree, and laid him in a sepulchre. But God raised him from the dead:" BUT GOD RAISED HIM FROM THE DEAD. Jesus never raised Himself, the Father was not dead to be able to raise Jesus. Its all to be understood by our own God given common sense.

And these Scriptures back this up,

"God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee. And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you the sure mercies of David. (Acts 13:33-34).

"But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;" Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification." (Romans 4:24-25),

God the Father raised Him, Jesus from the dead so that we on repentance and belief in Him and in Him who sent Him, we may be saved,

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved" (Romans 10:9).

Who was alive and raised up Jesus? Why God the Father who was in Heaven as Jesus often said He was, raised Him up.

"And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power ( 1 Cor. 6:14).

"Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;)" (Gal 1:1).

"And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power," (Eph. 1:19-0).

Can we prove the Father was in Heaven while Jesus was on the Earth?

Well unless Jesus was confused about who He was, or didn't know where He was and where the Father was, yes we can. Jesus often prayed to and spoke of the Father who He always refered to as being in Heaven when He was on the Earth.

These many Scriptures confirm this.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." (Matt. 5:16),

"That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust" Matt. 5:45),

"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect." (Matt. 5:48),

"Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven."Matt. 6:1),

"After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name." (Matt. 6:9),

"If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?" (Matt. 7:11),

"Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish." (Matt. 18:14),

"And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven." 23:9), and many more plainly teach that the Father was in Heaven, running the universe, waithing to raise up the dead body of Jesus Christ, the whole time Jesus was on the earth.

Regarding the Holy Spirit,

Jesus said the Father will send the Holy Spirit to them and He will be their comforter;

"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;" (John 14:16); Now reading this Scripture; The Holy Spirit is our teacher;

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." (John 14:26), The comforter is the Holy Ghost "WHICH IS THE HOLY GHOST" the third person of the Godhead.

The comforter whom the Father sends will testify of Jesus!

"But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:" (John 15:26);

And Jesus said the comforter, the Holy Spirit, will not come untill He, Jesus leaves,

"Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you." (John 16:7).

The Holy Spirit will also not leave the Earth during the tribulation. He will remain here as a hinderer of the powers of darkness untill the antichrist is revealed;

What beside the church, governments and the Holy Spirit is hindering the powers of darkness from having full sway and thus preventing the revelation of the Antichrist? There is nothing, so this hinderance must come from one of these. Governments will be more in evidence during the coming reign of the Antichrist than now, yet it will not hinder the revelation of the Antichrist. The Holy Spirit will not be withdrawn during the tribulation and after the rapture of the church as shown in Joel 2:28-32 ; Acts 2:17-21 ; Zech. 12:10 ; John 14:16 ; Rev. 7:9-17 ; etc. Revelation 7 proves that multitudes will be saved during the tribulation, and and we can say that no man ever has been or ever will be saved except through the "ministry" of the Holy Spirit, John 3:5-8 ; 16:7-11 ; Romans 8:9 ; Ephesians 2:18 ; 1 Corinthians 6:11 ; Titus 3:5 ; etc.

Acts 2:16-21 proves an outpouring of the Holy Spirit during the tribulation. Since governments and the Holy Spirit remain here during the tribulation, it follows logical process of elimination that the church is the hinderance refered to. That hinderance will be withdrawn for the simple reason that the church, includingevery person born of the Spirit, is raptured. Then the Antichrist will be revealed.

The tribulation on Earth will not affect the Holy Spirit, so why should He go and leave saints here who will be in desperate need of Him? How could they withstand these things and how could others be saved?

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

dolph wrote:Haz, all of us here are familiar with Dake's writings of the Trinity of three Gods.

Why has Leon censored one side of the debate? What kind of a debate is that??
Hi Dolph,

I will not allowed people to use this Dake Bible Discussion Board to preach their un-Biblical teaching of JESUS IS NOT GOD.

This is a public forum and to allow such heresy would be against the cause of Christ and the truth of Scriptures.

Note the RULE.

ALSO note 1 JOhn 2:22 tells us that those who denieth the SON is antichrist.

10) ALL posters who come to the Dake Board NOT to discuss the Bible or to learn... but to try and preach their wacky doctrines and un-Biblical beliefs will be moderated or banned.

Example: Jesus is NOT God.

This is an abominable doctrine and the Dake Bible Discussion Board will not be used to preach and publish such anti-Biblical teachings by infidels who have denied Christ.

1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

2 Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

If you disagree you are welcome to start your own board and post all the JESUS IS NOT GOD posting you like. It is a free country.

So if you don't want that view censored then start your own board and UN-censor it!

But it will NOT be allowed here.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

dolph wrote:Haz, all of us here are familiar with Dake's writings of the Trinity of three Gods.

Why has Leon censored one side of the debate? What kind of a debate is that??
Its not debatable. Jesus as the Word, is, was, and still is God, and He remains as a member of the Godhead since forever and forever, and to say different is to disshonor God!

Forget the trinity. The word 'Trinity' is not mentioned once in Scripture. The Godhead is mentioned three times. If you guys dont get what Dake expounded on this doctrin you truly are denying Jesus Christ and making God out to be a lier. To deny the diety of Jesus is satanic doctrin pushed by satan himelf to try and dupe followers of Jesus into believing untruths. You better stop this or you wont be meeting anyone in Heaven mate! Sorry but thats how I see and believe it. Cheers, Haz.

brodave

Post by brodave »

Dake believed in the trinity.It was on the definition of being he disagreed with.He thought being is the same as person.
Being= life,existance,essence.God is one being constituted by three persons.Apparently Dake did not like that defnition.However he still believed there are three in the godhead Father,Son(Word,Jesus),and Holy Spirit and each one is God.No matter what your definition is you still believe Father is God,Jesus is God and Holy Spirit is God.My personal opinion is if you ad trinity,being,or person
is a mute point.You must believe all three are God.

brodave

Post by brodave »

When God entered the virgin He entered into the egg of the woman thus Jesus was very God very man.When the sperm enters into the egg a man is formed.Thus when God entered the egg Emmanuel(God with us) was formed.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

dolph,

The LORD JESUS CHRIST was and is very God and very Man.This is the very ROCK of the Christian Religion.He is the Cornerstone.If He is rejected its all over.
One MUST believe that the Father is ALMIGHTY GOD, the Son is ALMIGHTY GOD and the Holy Spirit is ALMIGHTY GOD.
FOR THERE ARE THREE THAT BEAR WITNESS IN HEAVEN THE FATHER THE WORD AND THE HOLY GHOST AND THESE THREE ARE ONE.1 JOHN 5:7. :scatter: :smilecolros: :Fade-color :rainbow1:

dolph wrote:Haz, do you believe Jesus was 100% God and 100% man?? Do you see the problem?? Can anything be more than 100% which means the whole, all of any person, place or thing.

brodave

Post by brodave »

Jesus was 100% God 100% man.If not when did He become man?Please explain how He BECAME God.Your not talking about material things.We're talking about God becoming man not man becoming God.