Dake Bible Discussion BoardHow did the FATHER KNOW what JESUS did NOT!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ray

Re: How did the FATHER KNOW what JESUS did NOT!

Post by Ray »

bibleman wrote:
Ray wrote: If Jesus and the Father are the same person... as some Bible illiterates claim,

John 14:9
9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?
Hi Ray,

Care to address my question?

If Jesus and the Father are the same person... as some Bible illiterates claim, then how could the Father know something that the Son could NOT know?

Mark 13:32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

Hi Bibleman,
JESUS emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in the likeness of men;

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

you call Ray and i Bible illiterates.and that is ok??? :scatter: :scrambleup: :Fade-color :rainbow1:
did you look up and read what i mentioned about Brother Branham??

it simply means The Son of God Jesus Christ in His Humanity did not know the day or hour.
bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:i just checked out what Brother Branham really taught about this subject.it is on the "Believe The Sign" website.

i thought it was quite interesting.i had read about it a few years back.

Reverend F.F.Bosworth debated some Preachers who challenged his best friend about Divine Healing.Brother Bosworth let them have it... see Jeremiah 23:29....

the Sign of the Pillar of Fire over his head was then given.

bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:Bible illiterates??? .... +ummm +ummm +ummm

the old Black Preacher was asked to describe the Anointing he had.he was uneducated like Brother Branham but was full of Fire and the Holy Spirit.
he thought on it and said well i aint quite sure what it is but i sure do know what it aint!!!!
you say the Father and Jesus were one in thought purpose and so on.so how could He as God not know when the day was???was the Father keeping secrets from Jesus???and the Holy Spirit???

John 14:28 Jesus says the Father is greater than I.He emptied Himself according to Phillipians 2.
as the Son of Man He was subordinate and was the Word made flesh.thats what He is speaking of as Man he did not know all things.
as Man JESUS:
prayed Lk 22:41,died Matt 27:50,inferior to Father Jo 14:28,could do nothing himself Jo 5:30,increased in wisdom and stature Lu 2:52
as GOD JESUS:
answered prayer Jo 14:14,JESUS RESURRECTED HIMSELF :| :| :| Jo 20:9,was equal with God Jo 5:18,gives rest Matt 11:28,has all power Matt 28:18,is the same yesterday today and forever He 13:8.
bibleman wrote:A question...

If Jesus and the Father are the same person... as some Bible illiterates claim, then how could the Father know something that the Son could NOT know?

Mark 13:32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.
Hi Billy,

You say above: "as the Son of Man He was subordinate and was the Word made flesh. thats what He is speaking of as Man he did not know all things. as Man JESUS:"

OK then... If Jesus was subordinate and did NOT know all things as you say... How did the Father know? Since according to you the Father IS Jesus?
HI Billy,

Interesting information, but would you please show some respect and answer the question! (smile)

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Hi Bibleman.

I just read your opening post. Before I read and further than you question posted here It came straight to my mind, the Scripture where Jesus said, "My Father is greater than I!"

"Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I." (John 14:28).

They are both God's but it cannot be denied that the Father is a greater God than Jesus, the man, simply by what Jesus Himself admitted. The Father has decided when He will put an end to things and has kept this information to Himself, for His own reasons.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Ray

Post by Ray »

Ironman wrote:

Hi Bibleman.

Before I read andy further than you question posted here It came straight to my mind, the Scripture where Jesus said, "My Father is greater than I!"

"Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I." (John 14:28).

They are both God's but it cannot be denied that the Father is a greater God than Jesus simply by what Jesus Himself admitted. The Father has decided when He will put an end to things and has kept this to Himself.
Saying "THE FATHER is a greater God than JESUS"

Wouldn't that belief make one Polytheistic ?

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

cpbeller wrote:Sounds to me that a couple of select folks on here are trying to push God off as a schizophrenic....
Not true, .

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

Ray wrote:
Ironman wrote:

Hi Bibleman.

Before I read andy further than you question posted here It came straight to my mind, the Scripture where Jesus said, "My Father is greater than I!"

They are both God's but it cannot be denied that the Father is a greater God than Jesus simply by what Jesus Himself admitted. The Father has decided when He will put an end to things and has kept this to Himself.

When did I say the Father is greater than Jesus? I didn't say it, Jesus said it! Read John 14:28 again.

"Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: FOR MY FATHER IS GREATER THAN I."

If, well no, not if, Jesus did say my Father is greater than I, so how can one argue with Him, He should know if anyone should!
Last edited by Ironman on Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:i just checked out what Brother Branham really taught about this subject.it is on the "Believe The Sign" website.

Reverend F.F.Bosworth debated some Preachers who challenged his best friend about Divine Healing.Brother Bosworth let them have it... see Jeremiah 23:29....

bibleman wrote:

the old Black Preacher was asked to describe the Anointing he had.he was uneducated like Brother Branham but was full of Fire and the Holy Spirit.
he thought on it and said well i aint quite sure what it is but i sure do know what it aint!!!!
you say the Father and Jesus were one in thought purpose and so on.so how could He as God not know when the day was???was the Father keeping secrets from Jesus???and the Holy Spirit???

John 14:28 Jesus says the Father is greater than I.He emptied Himself according to Phillipians 2.
as the Son of Man He was subordinate and was the Word made flesh.thats what He is speaking of as Man he did not know all things.
as Man JESUS:
prayed Lk 22:41,died Matt 27:50,inferior to Father Jo 14:28,could do nothing himself Jo 5:30,increased in wisdom and stature Lu 2:52
as GOD JESUS:
answered prayer Jo 14:14,JESUS RESURRECTED HIMSELF :| :| :| Jo 20:9,was equal with God Jo 5:18,gives rest Matt 11:28,has all power Matt 28:18,is the same yesterday today and forever He 13:8.

Hi Billy,

You say above: "as the Son of Man He was subordinate and was the Word made flesh. thats what He is speaking of as Man he did not know all things. as Man JESUS:"

OK then... If Jesus was subordinate and did NOT know all things as you say... How did the Father know? Since according to you the Father IS Jesus?
HI Billy,

Interesting information, but would you please show some respect and answer the question! (smile)

No disrespect to anyone but Rev. You re not going to get your question answered. When someone dismisses orthodox christian doctrine or teaching and starts believing in a man made theology or doctrine, when confronted it seems they turn into a politician so to speak and avoid answering direct questions. And I know you are trying to help that is my motive aswell and Reuben who brought up a really good point aswell, people don't want to be wrong even if they are. But like I said in another thread, its like they shut thier eyes and say 'no I don't want to believe that even if there is definitive conclusive evidence and plain scripter that refutes me". Its like a buffet or something, like ill take some of that scripter but I don't want that scripter, when it comes to scripture the buffet is closed.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

the doctrine of Three 3 distinct and separate God's =3 Being's in the Divine Trinity each of the 3 with their own body,soul and spirit is called tritheism.it is VERY different from most Protestant and Catholic and Eastern Orthodox views.so much so the Assemblies of God rejects it. +ummm +ummm +ummm
Ray wrote:
Ironman wrote:

Hi Bibleman.

Last edited by branham1965 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

Rocky Balboa,
i have two posts on the other thread about Jesus that were totally ignored by opponents to the Oneness of God.

it comes down to folks cannot stand the idea of Jesus being the Almighty God.and that God was in Christ ;and in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead. :Fade-color
Rocky wrote:
bibleman wrote:

bibleman wrote:

as Man JESUS:
as GOD JESUS:

Hi Billy,

HI Billy,

No disrespect to anyone but Rev. You re not going to get your question answered. When someone dismisses orthodox christian doctrine or teaching and starts believing in a man made theology or doctrine, when confronted it seems they turn into a politician so to speak and avoid answering direct questions. And I know you are trying to help that is my motive aswell and Reuben who brought up a really good point aswell, people don't want to be wrong even if they are. But like I said in another thread, its like they shut thier eyes and say 'no I don't want to believe that even if there is definitive conclusive evidence and plain scripter that refutes me". Its like a buffet or something, like ill take some of that scripter but I don't want that scripter, when it comes to scripture the buffet is closed.

davido
Be Strong in the Power of His Might

Post by davido »

Dakes has a list of all scripture as to the nature, personality
of God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit. Lots of scripture.
Thus God has many names in bibical history, that refer to Himself.

Jesus has positions of authority given Him by God.
Jesus personality has His own apart from Gods.
The Holy Spirit yet has His distinct, individual personality,
and position of being The Great Servant of God,

The work together as a symphonony with perfect orchestration.

If you study the second judgement, it is proclaimed that at the
time of the second judgement, God will then tell Jesus the criteria that
Jesus will use for the second judgement.

I also recall the time, times scripture says only God knows.