Dake Bible Discussion BoardHow did the FATHER KNOW what JESUS did NOT!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
cpbeller
Wield the Sword of the Spirit, Which is the Word of God

Re: How did the FATHER KNOW what JESUS did NOT!

Post by cpbeller »

Billy, you continue to say that people are rejecting the deity of Christ...and no one here has even remotely suggested such a thing. The fact is, Jesus, Himself, makes a very CLEAR distinction between Himself, the Father, and the Holy Spirit.

What you propose (and it appears Ray, now, also) is that God is a schizo, talking and mumbling to Himself about the "other one". According to your (newly-found) view, Jesus is the Father is the Holy Spririt. And Scripture is very clearly opposed to that view.

So many passages has been given, both OT and NT, but yet, you continue to reject it and proclaim that you are the knower of the truth...but you are not.

another passage that shows that there are distinct beings in the godhead, is Psalm 110:

A Psalm of David. The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
(Psalms 110:1 KJV)

Here you have the LORD (Yahweh) talking to David's Lord (Adonai). This is the Father speaking to Jesus, and in fact, Jesus qoutes this verse in Matthew in regards to Himself. Two very distinct Beings here, speaking through David via the 3rd Being of the Godhead, the Holy Spirit. But you would have us all believe that God is a schizo, talking amongst His three PERSONALITIES....

So what is it? 3 distinct Beings in the Godhead, or one crazy psycho God what talks to Himself about the "other ones"....?

DISCLAIMER: Whatever I say or do not say may or may not apply to you based on whether you are or are not a Christian. And whether you are or are not a Christian may or may not be based off of whatever denomination you may or may not be a part of.

the_truth

Post by the_truth »

3 Distinct physical beings in the "Godhead", all called "GOD" yet One. :neutral:
One GOD and One Person who was Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. :neutral:

What the Scripture say.

There is "not", but ONE GOD. They Apostles said HE is THE FATHER. The Scripture confirmed that THE FATHER is "spirit" and unseen. Cannot be seen because HE is invisible. HE can only be revealed. And HE revealed HIMSELF in many ways(i.e. Angels, HIS Word, HIS Spirit). The SHEMA is correct. There is NOT but ONE GOD and HE is THE FATHER of ALL. This is why the Scripture adds the "article" THE when referencing HIM(Father), signifying there is NOT another. Unfortunately, the English bibles ignore the "article" and just say "GOD", thereby causing confusion.

Then THE GOD in HIS infinite Wisdom begot a SON. That SON was born flesh and blood by the Power of Holy Ghost. He was a "MAN" just like Adam. For the Scripture called HIM, the Last Adam. He was/is called THE Messiah, THE Christ, THE Son of Man, THE Son of the Living GOD, and THE ONE LORD, but HE was never called by any of the Prophets or Apostles, THE FATHER. The FATHER spoke and revealed in the Prophets that HE is not MAN, nor THE Son of Man. Which means this, THE FATHER and ONE GOD does not nor share the characteristics of MAN. Man can lie; THE GOD cannot lie and neither be tempted. JESUS was a MAN, therefore HE could lie and could be tempted.

The FATHER gave the Son the ALL POWER. Gave THE SON HIS Name. Gave THE SON HIS(THE FATHER's) LIFE, thereby giving THE SON all that HE had: Name, Titles, Power, Glory, Kingdom, and Life. This is why the Scripture looks to contradict itself when JESUS say ask ME(THE SON) and then in another Scripture JESUS say ask THE FATHER. There is NO CONTRADICTION. The SON and the FATHER have THE SAME NAME and POWER, therefore asking ONE is just like asking the other.

And THE SON confirmed that HE was "not" THE FATHER, but because HE could do everything THE FATHER did, if you have seen the Son, then you have seen THE FATHER. One was FLESH and One was Spirit. Both had a will and both had a mind. One could be seen with the natural eye, the other could not, unless one looked upon the THE ONE who was HIS EXACT Image. One had to grow in Wisdom, the other already had Wisdom. One was born of flesh, the other is spirit. One could die, the other could not.

THE FATHER and SON shared something that makes them ONE; that is they shared THE SPIRIT in fullness. The Scripture say ALL OF THE FATHER and HIS fullness(meaning EVERYTHING that HE was) dwelt in HIS SON, the MAN CHRIST, Jesus. We are ONE in CHRIST by THE SPIRIT that dwells in us.

There is NO secret in the GODhead. There is NO trinity in the GODhead. The Scripture is clear: for US, the believers in the Apostles 's day and those who believe what they wrote:

There is NOT, but ONE GOD, THE Father, and ONE Lord JESUS the THE CHRIST. There are NOT 3 GODs, THE FATHER nor 1 GOD the FATHER and SON, but ONE GOD, THE FATHER and ONE LORD, THE SON.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Ray wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Ray wrote: If Jesus and the Father are the same person... as some Bible illiterates claim,

John 14:9
9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?
Hi Ray,

Care to address my question?

If Jesus and the Father are the same person... as some Bible illiterates claim, then how could the Father know something that the Son could NOT know?

Mark 13:32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

Hi Bibleman,
JESUS emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in the likeness of men;
Hi Ray,

Does the cat have your tongue or are you afraid to answer the question???

If Jesus and the Father are the same person... as some Bible illiterates claim, then how could the Father know something that the Son could NOT know?

Mark 13:32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

branham1965 wrote:you call Ray and i Bible illiterates.and that is ok??? :scatter: :scrambleup: :Fade-color :rainbow1:
did you look up and read what i mentioned about Brother Branham??

it simply means The Son of God Jesus Christ in His Humanity did not know the day or hour.
bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:i just checked out what Brother Branham really taught about this subject.it is on the "Believe The Sign" website.

i thought it was quite interesting.i had read about it a few years back.

Reverend F.F.Bosworth debated some Preachers who challenged his best friend about Divine Healing.Brother Bosworth let them have it... see Jeremiah 23:29....

the Sign of the Pillar of Fire over his head was then given.

bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:Bible illiterates??? .... +ummm +ummm +ummm

the old Black Preacher was asked to describe the Anointing he had.he was uneducated like Brother Branham but was full of Fire and the Holy Spirit.
he thought on it and said well i aint quite sure what it is but i sure do know what it aint!!!!
you say the Father and Jesus were one in thought purpose and so on.so how could He as God not know when the day was???was the Father keeping secrets from Jesus???and the Holy Spirit???

John 14:28 Jesus says the Father is greater than I.He emptied Himself according to Phillipians 2.
as the Son of Man He was subordinate and was the Word made flesh.thats what He is speaking of as Man he did not know all things.
as Man JESUS:
prayed Lk 22:41,died Matt 27:50,inferior to Father Jo 14:28,could do nothing himself Jo 5:30,increased in wisdom and stature Lu 2:52
as GOD JESUS:
answered prayer Jo 14:14,JESUS RESURRECTED HIMSELF :| :| :| Jo 20:9,was equal with God Jo 5:18,gives rest Matt 11:28,has all power Matt 28:18,is the same yesterday today and forever He 13:8.
bibleman wrote:A question...

Hi Billy,

You say above: "as the Son of Man He was subordinate and was the Word made flesh. thats what He is speaking of as Man he did not know all things. as Man JESUS:"

OK then... If Jesus was subordinate and did NOT know all things as you say... How did the Father know? Since according to you the Father IS Jesus?
HI Billy,

Interesting information, but would you please show some respect and answer the question! (smile)

Hi Billy,

Come on Billy my friend, don't make us beg you... answer the question!

God bless
Leon Bible

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Chris
what on earth are you talking about????how could i believe what you are accusing me of .... and yet have so many favorite Preachers who are Trinitarians???!!!! i said so on here in posts.
like about Brother Branham and Brother Bosworth and so on.

i was attempting to present the Apostolic view of the Lord Jesus Christ.

i accept every verse of Holy Scripture anyone has made on here.

cpbeller wrote:Billy, you continue to say that people are rejecting the deity of Christ...and no one here has even remotely suggested such a thing. The fact is, Jesus, Himself, makes a very CLEAR distinction between Himself, the Father, and the Holy Spirit.

What you propose (and it appears Ray, now, also) is that God is a schizo, talking and mumbling to Himself about the "other one". According to your (newly-found) view, Jesus is the Father is the Holy Spririt. And Scripture is very clearly opposed to that view.

So many passages has been given, both OT and NT, but yet, you continue to reject it and proclaim that you are the knower of the truth...but you are not.

another passage that shows that there are distinct beings in the godhead, is Psalm 110:

A Psalm of David. The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
(Psalms 110:1 KJV)

Here you have the LORD (Yahweh) talking to David's Lord (Adonai). This is the Father speaking to Jesus, and in fact, Jesus qoutes this verse in Matthew in regards to Himself. Two very distinct Beings here, speaking through David via the 3rd Being of the Godhead, the Holy Spirit. But you would have us all believe that God is a schizo, talking amongst His three PERSONALITIES....

So what is it? 3 distinct Beings in the Godhead, or one crazy psycho God what talks to Himself about the "other ones"....?
Last edited by branham1965 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

as i said before Reverend im just a layman.im not a Bible scholar like you or Reuben.im laying off of this subject.

if anyone thinks i am going to ever disrespect my Pastor/ Bishop who i love .... in any way shape or form or
deny the POWER of God and the miracles we (mom and i)have received there in his Ministry.that will never happen as long as there is breath in my body.NEVER. +mad2

bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:you call Ray and i Bible illiterates.and that is ok??? :scatter: :scrambleup: :Fade-color :rainbow1:
did you look up and read what i mentioned about Brother Branham??

it simply means The Son of God Jesus Christ in His Humanity did not know the day or hour.
bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:i just checked out what Brother Branham really taught about this subject.it is on the "Believe The Sign" website.

i thought it was quite interesting.i had read about it a few years back.

Reverend F.F.Bosworth debated some Preachers who challenged his best friend about Divine Healing.Brother Bosworth let them have it... see Jeremiah 23:29....

the Sign of the Pillar of Fire over his head was then given.

bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:Bible illiterates??? .... +ummm +ummm +ummm

the old Black Preacher was asked to describe the Anointing he had.he was uneducated like Brother Branham but was full of Fire and the Holy Spirit.
he thought on it and said well i aint quite sure what it is but i sure do know what it aint!!!!
you say the Father and Jesus were one in thought purpose and so on.so how could He as God not know when the day was???was the Father keeping secrets from Jesus???and the Holy Spirit???

John 14:28 Jesus says the Father is greater than I.He emptied Himself according to Phillipians 2.
as the Son of Man He was subordinate and was the Word made flesh.thats what He is speaking of as Man he did not know all things.
as Man JESUS:
prayed Lk 22:41,died Matt 27:50,inferior to Father Jo 14:28,could do nothing himself Jo 5:30,increased in wisdom and stature Lu 2:52
as GOD JESUS:
answered prayer Jo 14:14,JESUS RESURRECTED HIMSELF :| :| :| Jo 20:9,was equal with God Jo 5:18,gives rest Matt 11:28,has all power Matt 28:18,is the same yesterday today and forever He 13:8.

Hi Billy,

You say above: "as the Son of Man He was subordinate and was the Word made flesh. thats what He is speaking of as Man he did not know all things. as Man JESUS:"

OK then... If Jesus was subordinate and did NOT know all things as you say... How did the Father know? Since according to you the Father IS Jesus?
HI Billy,

Interesting information, but would you please show some respect and answer the question! (smile)

Hi Billy,

Come on Billy my friend, don't make us beg you... answer the question!

Ray

Post by Ray »

Ironman wrote:
Ray wrote:
Ironman wrote:

Hi Bibleman.

Before I read andy further than you question posted here It came straight to my mind, the Scripture where Jesus said, "My Father is greater than I!"

"Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I." (John 14:28).

They are both God's but it cannot be denied that the Father is a greater God than Jesus simply by what Jesus Himself admitted. The Father has decided when He will put an end to things and has kept this to Himself.
Saying "THE FATHER is a greater God than JESUS"

Wouldn't that belief make one Polytheistic ?
When did I say the Father is greater than Jesus? I didn't say it, Jesus said it! Read John 14:28 again.

"Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: FOR MY FATHER IS GREATER THAN I."

If, well no, not if, Jesus did say my Father is greater than I, so how can one argue with Him, He should know if anyone should!
Haz,
John 14:28 Does NOT state that The FATHER was a greater God than JESUS, as in that statement you made. As if there is more than ONE TRUE GOD, and that is just not the TRUTH.

“In HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODhead bodily.” HIS name is
“Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty GOD.” HE is the Image of GOD, “the brightness of HIS Glory and the express Image of HIS Person.” If your understanding of CHRIST is correct, it will coincide with the true idea of GOD and you will exclaim,This is the true GOD . Like Thomas, you will salute the wounded Savior with the cry, “My LORD and my GOD.”(Do you think Thomas had it wrong and JESUS just allowed it)
Truly, “GOD was manifest in the flesh”—not a part of HIM, but GOD in perfection. In the visible creation we see GOD’s works, but in CHRIST JESUS we have GOD HIMSELF, Emmanuel, “GOD with us.”

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Hi Ray, you wrote;
"Haz,
John 14:28 Does NOT state that The FATHER was a greater God than JESUS, as in that statement you made. As if there is more than ONE TRUE GOD, and that is just not the TRUTH.

“In HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODhead bodily.” HIS name is
“Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty GOD.” HE is the Image of GOD, “the brightness of HIS Glory and the express Image of HIS Person.” If your understanding of CHRIST is correct, it will coincide with the true idea of GOD and you will exclaim,This is the true GOD . Like Thomas, you will salute the wounded Savior with the cry, “My LORD and my GOD.”(Do you think Thomas had it wrong and JESUS just allowed it)
Truly, “GOD was manifest in the flesh”—not a part of HIM, but GOD in perfection. In the visible creation we see GOD’s works, but in CHRIST JESUS we have GOD HIMSELF, Emmanuel, “GOD with us.”"

I agree with Thomas, "My Lord and My God!" I also believe Jesus said, "My Father is greater than I." What is greater about the Father than is with Jesus, I'm only guessing? How do you thinkThe Father may be greater than my Lord and My God Jesus Christ? I personally pray to the Father in Jesus Name, as Jesus commande's us to pray, so what do you think? Only asking out of curiosity, not to correct or discuss your thoughts on this?
Last edited by Ironman on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Here's what Dake wrote about the Holy Spirit. In fact this proves the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are three separate and distinct beings, each with their own body, soul andspirits.
The Holy Ghost is a separate and distinct spirit being apart from the Father and the Son, Jesus.

Jesus said the Father will send the Holy Spirit to them and He will be their comforter;

"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;" (John 14:16); Now reading this Scripture; The Holy Spirit is our teacher;

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." (John 14:26), The comforter is the Holy Ghost "WHICH IS THE HOLY GHOST" the third person of the Godhead.

The comforter whom the Father sends will testify of Jesus!

"But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:" (John 15:26);

And Jesus said the comforter, the Holy Spirit, will not come untill He, Jesus leaves,

"Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you." (John 16:7).

The Holy Spirit will also not leave the Earth during the tribulation. He will remain here as a hinderer of the powers of darkness untill the antichrist is revealed;

What beside the church, governments and the Holy Spirit is hindering the powers of darkness from having full sway and thus preventing the revelation of the Antichrist? There is nothing, so this hinderance must come from one of these. Governments will be more in evidence during the coming reign of the Antichrist than now, yet it will not hinder the revelation of the Antichrist. The Holy Spirit will not be withdrawn during the tribulation and after the rapture of the church as shown in Joel 2:28-32 ; Acts 2:17-21 ; Zech. 12:10 ; John 14:16 ; Rev. 7:9-17 ; etc. Revelation 7 proves that multitudes will be saved during the tribulation, and and we can say that no man ever has been or ever will be saved except through the "ministry" of the Holy Spirit, John 3:5-8 ; 16:7-11 ; Romans 8:9 ; Ephesians 2:18 ; 1 Corinthians 6:11 ; Titus 3:5 ; etc.

In John 14:16-17, 26 ; 15:26 ; 16:7-15, the Holy Spirit is spoken of as "Another" Comforter (helper), who could not be sent until Christ had gone back to Heaven and was glorified John 7:37-39 ; Acts 2:33-36, but would be sent as a separate person from the Father and Son. The Greek allos, like the English another, means another of the same kind, but different from, not the same one, distinct from another, and one more, as proved every place where such word is used Matt. 2:12 ; 8:9 ; 13:24, 31, 33 ; 21:33 ; 26:7. Ohterwise the passages would not make sense.

Common sense alone demands us to understand that when the word "another" is used it means two or more. It is used of the Father as being "another" from the Son, John 5:32. If the Spirit is "another" from the Son who promised Him, and "another" from the Father who sent Him; and if the Father was "another" from the Son, there must be three distinct persons in the Godhead and all three can be and are called "God." All three persons are distinguished from each other by the word "another" in John 5:3 ; 14:16.

A clear distinction is made between "the name of the Father" and "of the Son" and "of the Holy Spirit Matthew 28:19. All three have separate and personal names by which they are known, as is clear from this passage and many others.

A clear distinction is made between the Son who prays, and the Father to whom He prays and "another Comforter" for whom He prays, who was given in answer to prayer, and who came from the Father and the Son as our "Helper" John 14:16. A clear distinction is made between Jesus who went away as one distinct person, Acts 1:11, and the Holy Ghost who came to take His place as "another" distinct person, John 14:16-17, 26 ; 15:26 ; 16:7-15.

A clear distinction is made between the Son who is exalted at the right hand of the Father, and the Father who is on the left hand of the Son, and the Holy Ghost who is sent from the Father and the Son to take the place of Jesus among men, Acts 2:33-26 ; 7:56-59 ; John 14:16-17, 26 ; 15:26 ; 16:7-15 ; Romans 8:34 ; Ephesians 1:20 ; Colossians 3:1 ; Hebrews 1:3 ; 8:1 ; 12:2.

A clear distinction is made between the Son who was already given, Luke 1:35 ; John 3:16, and the Holy Ghost who was not yet given before Jesus was glorified, John 7:37-39 ; Acts 2:33-36 ; 5:31.

A clear distinction is made between the Holy Ghost that came upon Mary and the child that was born of Mary by the Holy Ghost, Matthew 1:18-25 ; Luke 1:32-35.

A clear distinction is made between the Son who can be blasphemed with forgiveness possible and the Holy Ghost who cannot b blasphemed with forgiveness, Matthew 12:31-32 ; Mark 3:29-30 ; Luke 12:10. If the Son and the Holy Ghost were not two distinct persons they could not be blasphemed with different results. A third person, the Father, must have understood in such forgiveness for itis the Father that forgives men as the head of the Godhead, 1 Corinthians 11:3 ; Matthew 6:9-15 ; 18:35 ; Ephesians 4:23.

A clear distinction is made between Jesus who was bodily in Mary's womb and the Holy Ghost who was not bodily in Mary's womb, and who filled other, Luke 1:15, 39-41, 67-79.

A clear distinction is made between Jesus outside of the womb of Mary and the Holy Ghost who filled and baptized Mary 33 years later at Pentecost, Acts 1:14 ; 2:1-4. The same distinction is made in the case of disciples at Pentecost: The Holy Ghost came and filled and battized them while the Son was at that time "exalted at the right hand of the Father in Heaven, Acts 2:1-4, 33-36. The same distinction is clear in the caseof Steven, Acts 7:56-59 ; Paul, Acts 9:17; and others who were filled and baptized in the Holy Ghost at the time Jesus was in Heaven at the right hand of God, Romans 8:34 ; Ephesians 1:20 ; Hebrews 1:3.

A clear distinction is made between Jesus whom the Samaritans had recieved and the Holy Ghost whom they had not yet recieved, Acts 8:5-25.

A clear distinction is made between Jesus who was once powerless to do miracles and the Holy Ghost who annointed Him at thirty years of age to do miricles, John 2:11 ; Acts 10:38 ; Isaiha 11:1-2 ; 42:1-5 ; 61: 1-2 ; Luke 4:18-21 ; Matthew 3:16-17.

A clear distinction is also made between the Son who was "anointed," and the Father who sent the Spirit to anoint Him, and the Holy Ghost Himself who did the anointing, Matthew 3:16-17 ; Acts 10:38; Isaiah 11:1-2 ; 42:1-5 ; 61:1-2 ; Luke 4:18-21.

The Holy Ghost is distinguished from Christ by the fact that Jesus said, "He shall not SPEAK OF HIMSELF," but "He shall glorify ME" John 16"13-15.

The Godhead consists of three separate and distinct persons This fact is stated in the Scriptures:
"For there are three that bear record in heaven, the FATHER, THE WORD, AND THE HOLY GHOST: and THESE THREE ARE ONE." 1 John 5:7. And there are THREE that bare witness in the Earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood; and these THREE agree in "one" If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son., 1 John 5:7-8.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

branham1965 wrote:as i said before Reverend im just a layman.im not a Bible scholar like you or Reuben.im laying off of this subject.

if anyone thinks i am going to ever disrespect my Pastor/ Bishop who i love .... in any way shape or form or
deny the POWER of God and the miracles we (mom and i)have received there in his Ministry.that will never happen as long as there is breath in my body.NEVER. +mad2
OK Billy,

Not a problem.

But in the future when you don't get interaction from me... just know I am tired of talking to myself when it comes to discussing the Bible with you, when you won't respond to me.

I tried...

God bless
Leon Bible