Dake Bible Discussion BoardJESUS THE " I AM"

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ray

JESUS THE " I AM"

Post by Ray »

In The Old Testament GOD THE FATHER told Moses to tell the people of Israel that 'I AM" had sent Moses to them.

Exodus 3:14
14 And God said unto Moses, I Am That I Am: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I Am hath sent me unto you.

In The New Testament in The Gospel of John the 7 "I AM" that is JESUS

John 6:35
35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

John 8:12
12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

John 10:9
9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

John 10:11
11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

John 11:25
25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

John 14:6
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 15:5
5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

John 18:6 In The King James version the word "he" was added later after the phrase "I AM", I The Earliest versions of the Bible this word "he" after "I AM" is not part of this verse.
John 18:6
6 As soon then as he had said unto them, I am {he}, they went backward, and fell to the ground.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: JESUS THE " I AM"

Post by branham1965 »

PRAISE THE LORD!!!!
AMEN RAY!!!!!!!!!!!!you are spot on brother!!!!! :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:
You see by the lack of response how folks really do not know the Identity of Jesus Christ.and they detest posts like yours.in John 8 there are many I AM verses.v24 says if you do not believe that I AM you shall die in your sins....
Jehovah in the Old Testament is Jesus the I AM in the New Testament.

Ray wrote:In The Old Testament GOD THE FATHER told Moses to tell the people of Israel that 'I AM" had sent Moses to them.

Exodus 3:14
14 And God said unto Moses, I Am That I Am: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I Am hath sent me unto you.

In The New Testament in The Gospel of John the 7 "I AM" that is JESUS

John 6:35
35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

John 8:12
12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

John 10:9
9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

John 10:11
11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

John 11:25
25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

John 14:6
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 15:5
5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

John 18:6 In The King James version the word "he" was added later after the phrase "I AM", I The Earliest versions of the Bible this word "he" after "I AM" is not part of this verse.
John 18:6
6 As soon then as he had said unto them, I am {he}, they went backward, and fell to the ground.

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

Let me get this right, Ray and Billy,,,,
Ray you stated that in the OT God the Father is the I AM..

Billy you state that Jehovah (God) in the OT is Jesus in the NT!

You both can not be correct because you contradict one another

Question: which one is the I AM in Gen. 19:24: ????????????????

Then the Lord (Jehovah) rained upon Sodom and Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the Lord (Jehovah) out of heaven.

And remember God did not have an only begotten son untill Jesus was conceived......
Macca

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

macca
i believe there is ONE ALMIGHTY GOD who manifested Himself as the Father in creation,the Son in redemption and the Holy Spirit in regeneration. :Fade-color
macca wrote:Let me get this right, Ray and Billy,,,,
Ray you stated that in the OT God the Father is the I AM..

Billy you state that Jehovah (God) in the OT is Jesus in the NT!

You both can not be correct because you contradict one another

Question: which one is the I AM in Gen. 19:24: ????????????????

Then the Lord (Jehovah) rained upon Sodom and Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the Lord (Jehovah) out of heaven.

And remember God did not have an only begotten son untill Jesus was conceived......
Macca

gregbaldwin
Exodus

Post by gregbaldwin »

I believe the NT says Jesus was the OT "I AM" but make no mistake He was not God The Father.

John 8:58-59 (KJV)
58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

I think Ray has presumed that the I AM of Exodus was the Father without any scripture to witness to that statement.

macca

Post by macca »

Here is another one for them to chew on..
John. 14:23;
Jesus answered and said to him, if a man love me, he will keep my words: and MY Father will love him, and WE will come to him, and make OUR abode with him.

macca

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

gregbaldwin wrote:I believe the NT says Jesus was the OT "I AM" but make no mistake He was not God The Father.

John 8:58-59 (KJV)
58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

I think Ray has presumed that the I AM of Exodus was the Father without any scripture to witness to that statement.

Greg
you should have stopped right after the OT " I AM"....in your post. :lol:
Last edited by branham1965 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

macca
you quoted Gen 19 as though there were two JEHOVAH'S executing Judgement.that is not what that verse is saying.check some other study bibles or commentators.

the First and Last Jehovah Isaiah 41:4 = Jesus Rev 22:13
Creator Jehovah Is. 45:8 = Jesus Col 1:16
I AM Jehovah Ex. 3:14 = Jesus Jo 8:58
Lord of Lords Jehovah Psalm 136:3 = Jesus Rev 19:6
the Rock Jehovah Psalm 28:1 = Jesus 1 Cor 10:4
Shepherd Jehovah Psalm 23:1 = Jesus 1 Peter 5:4
ALMIGHTY Jehovah Gen 17:1 = Jesus Rev 1:8
Judge Jehovah Is.33:22 = Jesus Acts 10:42
King Of Israel Jehovah Is.44:6 = Jesus John 1:49
Redeemer Jehovah Is.60:16 = Jesus Gal 3:13
HOLY ONE Jehovah Is.12:6 = Jesus Acts 2:27

thats just a few.i have a tract called "the wheel of prophecy :who is God?"
with tons of Scriptures showing that
God is a Spirit ...there is but One God ...Jesus is God...Jesus is Man.
shalom.

macca wrote:Here is another one for them to chew on..
Jesus answered and said to him, if a man love me, he will keep my words: and MY Father will love him, and WE will come to him, and make OUR abode with him.

macca
Last edited by branham1965 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

macca
you quoted Gen 19 as though there were two JEHOVAH'S executing Judgement.that is not what that verse is saying.check some other study bibles or commentators.

the First and Last Jehovah Isaiah 41:4 = Jesus Rev 22:13
Creator Jehovah Is. 45:8 = Jesus Col 1:16
I AM Jehovah Ex. 3:14 = Jesus Jo 8:58
Lord of Lords Jehovah Psalm 136:3 = Jesus Rev 19:6
the Rock Jehovah Psalm 28:1 = Jesus 1 Cor 10:4
Shepherd Jehovah Psalm 23:1 = Jesus 1 Peter 5:4
ALMIGHTY Jehovah Gen 17:1 = Jesus Rev 1:8
Judge Is. 33:22 = Acts 10:42
King Of Israel Jehovah Is.44:6 = Jesus John 1:49
Redeemer Jehovah Is.60:16 = Jesus Gal 3:13
HOLY ONE Jehovah Is.12:6 = Jesus Acts 2:27

thats just a few.i have a tract called "the wheel of prophecy :who is God?"
with tons of Scriptures showing that

God is a Spirit ...there is but One God ...Jesus is God...Jesus is Man.
shalom.

macca wrote:Here is another one for them to chew on..

macca

macca

Post by macca »

Septuagint: Gen. 19:24;
And the Lord rained rained on Sodom and Gomarrha brimstone and fire from the Lord out of heaven.

The ready research bible Exegeses: Gen. 19:14;
Then the Lord (Yah Veh) rained upon Sodom (Sedom) and upon Gomorrah (Amorah) brimstone (sulphur) and fire
from the Lord (Yah Veh) out of heaven (the heavens)

Yah Veh = He (who) is

Let me take an educated guess here and say, that nearly all the commentators that speak of this verse believe that Jesus is the Father and the Holy Spirit is Jesus's spirit.
That there is but one God who shows himself in 3 different manifestations,
So there can not be 3 different persons in the Godhead as that would be 3 Gods.
Basically it is far too hard to understand for us mere humans, bla, bla, bla, bla
unbelief gone to seed.

macca