Dake Bible Discussion BoardJESUS THE " I AM"

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Re: JESUS THE " I AM"

Post by macca »

yep, awesome indeed.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

macca wrote:yep, awesome indeed.
Macca, you know me. I'm not about trying to complicate anything. I was editing my post when I saw you replied. You know I am just thinking out loud dont you? Thats what mates are for, to share thoughts and feelings. I see where billys thoughts and feeling lie, I know you understand mine! I have always looked up to you ever since our first meeting! and I still do. We are friends in Jesus, you, billy, me, and everyone else here who believes in the Godhead as explained in the Word of God.

Cheers,Haz.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

+highfive

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

thanks for your posts mate.

In Psalm 131 David says
"LORD my heart is not haughty.nor mine eyes lofty:neither do i exercise myself in great matters or in things too high for me.Surely i have behaved and quieted myself as a child that is weaned of his mother:my soul is even as a weaned child.Let Israel hope in the LORD from henceforth and forever."

these are fearful and wonderful things to think about and talk about with each other. :scatter: :scrambleup:
"Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another:and the LORD hearkened,and heard it,and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD ,and that thought upon His Name." Malachi 3:16
Ironman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:hey Haz :rainbow1:
Jesus as a Man died.He gave His life a Ransom for us all and as an Offering for SIN.He was the Lamb of God slain from the foundation of the world and which taketh away the sin of the world.
He died for our sins and by His stripes we are healed.He was raised for our justification.
His blood was called God's Blood in Acts 20:28 by Doctor Luke.
Jesus was very God and very Man here on the earth.now in 1 John 5:7 the Word was spoken of there.
now this verse IS controversial.many say it was an interpolation added by the church fathers to prove the Trinity doctrine.
it is in the NASB in a footnote form.Reverend Dake talks about it. :scrambleup:
Jesus as the Word came forth from the grave because death has no dominion over Him.Rom 6:9.
the Word or Logos is alive Rev 1:18.

He was and is the Almighty God manifested in the flesh.1 Tim 3:16...Rom 9:6 ...Rev 1:8

Ironman wrote:I'm struggling with this. I posted this in the baptizing in the name thread in reply to one of billies posts.

My Post,
"I believe in the Father and the Son and the Holy Ghost. As the Word, (John 1:1), who was with God, He, as an ETERNAL being had no beginning and NO END, only as a man, (John 1;14), did He have a beginning. The Word is an eternal living member of the Godhead.

Heres a good mind bender when reading billies post, (Jesus said NO MAN TAKETH MY LIFE I LAY IT DOWN AND I WILL TAKE IT UP AGAIN) , When Jesus, the man died, did the Word die as well? I would have to say, not likely! The Word who was with God and was God, John 1:1), . . . did the Word who cannot die, raise up the man, who can die, Jesus?

Thats a question thats hard for me to fathom. The Word still lives in my humble opinion, but now with a glorified flesh and bone body, (Luke 24:39).

Did the Word die. We know the man died, When the Word divested Himself of His power and glory and became a man, did the Word extinguish Himself? A man can die, we can understand that, but the Word, who was with God from the beginning and was God, did He die?? he never dies so was it possible for His to raise His man self from death?? "
I am lost for words billy, absolutley awesome, unbelieveable, yet true. Thats why fundamental Christianity believes in the trinity which is not mentioned once in Scripture, Trinity! it was bashed into me and you and many millions of others of us as children. Three beings in one body, but we now know different, three separate and distince members of the Godhead, three God beings, which are only "ONE" in UNITY. They are not OMNI-BODY!

Billy, I'm gob-smacked regarding the Word who became flesh and blood and died in the flesh, yet He is an eternal God being, John 1:1.

Me talking now, Not Scriptural, and I am not arguing with doctrin, or surmising anything thats not true, I am just writing down my thoughst here, nothing more!

Just a question I sometime ask myself . . I wonder about?.

Did the Word, have a three day and three night gap / break . . in His eternal, No beginning and No end, "I Am," part of His eternal life His as a member of the Godhead, ie. (John 1:1?) when He became a man and died, fully God and fully man!

The Word. He is now sitting at the Fathers right hand in Heaven in a glorified flesh and bone body, (Luke 24:39) "Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have."

This glorified flesh and bones body, is the same as we will have one day as promised!
Jesus, when He returned for the Father, passed through a solid wall into a fully closed room, no windows, with this body! He came back straight from Heaven after meeting with the Father. He went to Heaven and back in the same day. Where is Heaven? Somewhere in the northern part of the Universe, so far away the Hubble telescope cannot see it, the most powerfull telescopes in the world on the highest mountains on Earth cannot see it. It takes millions of light years, traveling at 186,000 miles per second, and miles per minute (60 seconds x 186,000) would be 11,160,000 miles per minute therefore miles per hour ...to get to the nearest stars or galaxies? Heaven is at least that far away, Jesus went there, spent time with the Father, and came back that evening! AWSOME!

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Thats a beautiful verse of Scripture billy, Malachi 3:16, and the next verse is uplifting mate, where it is written,

"And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him." (Malachi 3:17). AND THEY SHALL BE MINE, said the Lord. Thatks billy for reminding me of these Scriptures.
Cheers, Haz.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?