Dake Bible Discussion BoardWHO ARE THESE PEOPLE ???

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE ???

Post by branham1965 »

ill try this again.
that last one i put on here was strange.plain wierd. :new-alien: :new-alien: :robot:

like Reverend William Marrion Branham did.i agree with every verse in the Word of God.

and you Reverend Reuben like him are a hero to me.ive heard you preach.read your book.and ive watched you on here for 6 years.a diamond.how blessed your members are at MCT to have you and First Lady.I mean that.if folks dont like it or think im bootlicking ........ +pieface +pieface +pieface +hammer +hammer +hammer +baseball +baseball +baseball

and i dont like fussin' with you.i dont deserve to.not at all..... :agrue:

Reuben wrote:
Reuben wrote:
Reuben wrote:1 Corinthians 6:16-17 (KJV)
16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

Above, how can two people become one flesh or body?

How can two people become one spirit?

Does this mean there is one physical body manifested in two persons, or two persons becoming one in unity?
Does this mean there is one physical body manifested in two persons, or two persons becoming one in unity?

What would be the answer to the above question then?
These are not trick questions. I think a layperson has to be honest and look at this, and ask themselves these questions to come to some conclusion of what these two verses are saying. Then ask themselves the question; how do two people become one? How do three person become one? How would twenty five persons become one? How does an entire church body become one?

Look @ the following:
John 17:21-22 (KJV)
21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

Notice the same principle is applied to both. Consider the words "even as" that is repeated which implies same principle. So, this returns us to the original question: how does a group of believers become one? If we can explain how two in marriage become one, a man and prostitute become one flesh, a church becomes one... we then will be able to apply that understanding to how three persons can be one.
Last edited by branham1965 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ray

Post by Ray »

branham1965 wrote:i think it may be a mistake to use that to apply to the Godhead.of course they are One in that way.but is that all???

i will "cheat" and look this up in my new books Reverend.

Reuben wrote:
Reuben wrote:
Reuben wrote:1 Corinthians 6:16-17 (KJV)
16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.

Above, how can two people become one flesh or body?

How can two people become one spirit?

What would be the answer to the above question then?
These are not trick questions. I think a layperson has to be honest and look at this, and ask themselves these questions to come to some conclusion of what these two verses are saying. Then ask themselves the question; how do two people become one? How do three person become one? How would twenty five persons become one? How does an entire church body become one?

Look @ the following:
John 17:21-22 (KJV)
21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

Notice the same principle is applied to both. Consider the words "even as" that is repeated which implies same principle. So, this returns us to the original question: how does a group of believers become one? If we can explain how two in marriage become one, a man and prostitute become one flesh, a church becomes one... we then will be able to apply that understanding to how three persons can be one.
Brothers,

It is by ONE SPIRIT we become ONE with GOD.
THE HOLY SPIRIT.

1 Corinthians 6:17

1 Corinthians 12:13
13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

im not posting to you Reverend Reuben out of respect.im not foolish enough to think im going to change you or the Bibleman and have you becoming Apostolic's. +CrazyEyes

and im not :vamp: :vamp: to try to snake in on board members to mess them up.i say it in the open.where it can be seen by everyone.