Dake Bible Discussion BoardBaptizing in the name of Jesus ONLY is NOT obeying Jesus!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Re: Baptizing in the name of Jesus ONLY is NOT obeying Jesus

Post by macca »

Now that is worth repeating :angel:

I have heard of people being touched by the Lord as they have been baptised in water, even some that my wife and i have done.

Praise God and don't be scared to share that with anyone Haz... +highfive +highfive +highfive +highfive
macca

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

macca wrote:Now that is worth repeating :angel:

I have heard of people being touched by the Lord as they have been baptised in water, even some that my wife and i have done.

Praise God and don't be scared to share that with anyone Haz... +highfive +highfive +highfive +highfive
macca
Mate, my eyes are filled with tears right now, reading your reply, and me, remembering that, the most wonderfull day of my life! Not tears of any sadness, but tears of absolute Joy! I know I was touched by God then and often since then, many times, I know these times, not bragging here!

I never ever thought of telling anyone about my baptizm untill now mate? When I heard you that day at work, I couldnt believe my ears? I thought, here is a man of God, not frightened to spell it out as it is. I have been following your footsteps ever since. At home and where ever I go! when God is brought up by others in general conversation, I speak out as best I know, guided by what God has revealed to me in His Word, nothing more, no made up pet theories.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

You brought back some great memories Haz :angel:

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Praise the Lord mate...how mighty...+jump2 +bigshoes

Ironman wrote:
macca wrote:no sleepless nights.
G-Day mate. This is fair dinkum mate! I never ever told anyone this before but I will tell you now and share it with you and everyone else on here. When I was baptized, I was dunked fully under the water and held under by the minister, who was at the time, a personal friend of mine as well as the local minister. Whilst holding me under the water he loudly said this, I know because I heard him saying this. After a few words he immediately said this which I will never forget; I baptize you and saying, (my real name), In the Name of the Father, AND OF THE SON, and of the Holy Ghost!

I was then and only then, allowed by him to come up and out of the water. As I came out of the water, I felt a tingling all the way down my entire body from the top of my head down to my toe's, I also felt as if I was flying, floating on air, above the ground. I could see I was standing on the ground but I felt as if I wasn't??? When I arrived home that evening the first thing my wife said to me was, "Haz, you look different? Did everything go well?" I asked her what do you mean I look different, how do I look different?

She said, "You look all shiny, someone has polished you, you look as if you are glowing in some way!" I looked in the hallway mirror and I couldnt see anything physically different about me at all but she insists that I looked different?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Haz
you should brag mate.i know you have seen so many miracles.you are a special man.you honor your mate macca who was-is a fearless soldier of the Cross and a light to those heathens.folks dont do that today.they think they woke up and they were "spiritual".God bless you both.you are the best.both of ye.
Ironman wrote:
macca wrote:Now that is worth repeating :angel:

macca
Mate, my eyes are filled with tears right now, reading your reply, and me, remembering that, the most wonderfull day of my life! Not tears of any sadness, but tears of absolute Joy! I know I was touched by God then and often since then, many times, I know these times, not bragging here!

I never ever thought of telling anyone about my baptizm untill now mate? When I heard you that day at work, I couldnt believe my ears? I thought, here is a man of God, not frightened to spell it out as it is. I have been following your footsteps ever since. At home and where ever I go! when God is brought up by others in general conversation, I speak out as best I know, guided by what God has revealed to me in His Word, nothing more, no made up pet theories.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Ironman wrote:
G-Day mate. This is fair dinkum mate! I never ever told anyone this before but I will tell you now and share it with you and everyone else on here. When I was baptized, I was dunked fully under the water and held under by the minister, who was at the time, a personal friend of mine as well as the local minister. Whilst holding me under the water he loudly said this, I know because I heard him saying this. After a few words he immediately said this which I will never forget; I baptize you and saying, (my real name), In the Name of the Father, AND OF THE SON, and of the Holy Ghost!

I was then and only then, allowed by him to come up and out of the water. As I came out of the water, I felt a tingling all the way down my entire body from the top of my head down to my toe's, I also felt as if I was flying, floating on air, above the ground. I could see I was standing on the ground but I felt as if I wasn't??? When I arrived home that evening the first thing my wife said to me was, "Haz, you look different? Did everything go well?" I asked her what do you mean I look different, how do I look different?

She said, "You look all shiny, someone has polished you, you look as if you are glowing in some way!" I looked in the hallway mirror and I couldnt see anything physically different about me at all but she insists that I looked different?
Thats pretty awesome Haz, thanks for sharing.....

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Rocky wrote:
Ironman wrote:

Thats pretty awesome Haz, thanks for sharing.....
Thank you Rocky, It was a day I will never forget.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

REVEREND BIBLE,
THIS IS POST NUMBER ONE THAT YOU TOTALLY IGNORED.

branham1965 wrote:i knew you would say that.you both read the exact same creed books!!!
im going to post my verses here.
now you and that feller and his son down there in Baton Rouge should read this John 14:14ff "AND WHATSOEVER YE SHALL ASK IN MY NAME THAT WILL I :| DO THAT THE FATHER MAY BE GLORIFIED IN THE SON.IF YE SHALL ASK ANY THING IN MY NAME I WILL :| DO IT." ask who???who???who???
when Paul sought the Lord thrice about his thorn in the flesh why was Paul talking to JESUS??? :|
NOTICE THIS in Acts 7:58-60 when Stephen was martyred .... the Scripture says Stephen was CALLING UPON GOD :| AND SAYING LORD JESUS :| RECEIVE MY SPIRIT....HE KNEELED DOWN AND CRIED LORD :| LAY NOT THIS SIN TO THEIR CHARGE.... :| :| :| :| :scrambleup: :scatter: :scatter: :scatter:
when one accepts the Absolute Deity of Jesus Christ and has the Revelation of Jesus Christ the Light goes on. :flasingsmile:
a few days ago i posted Jesus said NO MAN TAKETH MY LIFE I LAY IT DOWN AND I WILL TAKE IT UP AGAIN....ignored by everyone on here :turn-l:
I WILL DESTROY THIS TEMPLE AND IN THREE DAYS I WILL RAISE IT UP...no response either.
the LORD our God is One LORD. Duet. 6:4.and His True Name is the LORD JESUS CHRIST.

bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:many who are Orthodox have him as a god Ray.they dont say it.but He to them is a lesser god than the Father and subordinate to the Father.
i heard a famous Preacher i like say btw we dont pray to Jesus but to the Father.his son said you obey Peter ill obey Jesus as far as baptism. :lol:
Hi Billy

Above you said: "i heard a famous Preacher i like say btw we dont pray to Jesus but to the Father."

Could that famous preacher have been Jesus?
John 16:23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.
24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.

Matthew 6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Do you think Jesus missed it when HE told us NOT to pray to HIM but to pray to the FATHER?

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

branham1965 wrote:REVEREND BIBLE,
Hi Billy,

I ignored your post because you NEVER answered the question...
John 16:23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.
24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.

Matthew 6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

Do you think Jesus missed it when HE told us NOT to pray to HIM but to pray to the FATHER?
Can you not answer a simple question like that?

PS - I would really rather be called "Leon or bibleman" ... Thanks

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

i dont feel right calling you by your first name.
i was taught to call Preachers Reverend.but i dont wish to offend you.
Bibleman,
comparing John 16: 23 and John 14:14 looks like a contradiction.unless one knows that the Mighty God is in Christ. :scatter:

bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:REVEREND BIBLE,
Hi Billy,

I ignored your post because you NEVER answered the question...

Can you not answer a simple question like that?

PS - I would really rather be called "Leon or bibleman" ... Thanks