Dake Bible Discussion BoardBaptizing in the name of Jesus ONLY is NOT obeying Jesus!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
bibleman
Administrator

Re: Baptizing in the name of Jesus ONLY is NOT obeying Jesus

Post by bibleman »

branham1965 wrote:i dont feel right calling you by your first name.
i was taught to call Preachers Reverend.but i dont wish to offend you.
Bibleman,
comparing John 16: 23 and John 14:14 looks like a contradiction.unless one knows that the Mighty God is in Christ. :scatter:

bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:REVEREND BIBLE,
THIS IS POST NUMBER ONE THAT YOU TOTALLY IGNORED.
Hi Billy,

I ignored your post because you NEVER answered the question...
John 16:23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.
24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.

Matthew 6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

Do you think Jesus missed it when HE told us NOT to pray to HIM but to pray to the FATHER?
Can you not answer a simple question like that?

PS - I would really rather be called "Leon or bibleman" ... Thanks

OK Billy,

THANKS for the response.

Above you said: "comparing John 16: 23 and John 14:14 looks like a contradiction.unless one knows that the Mighty God is in Christ."

So then you would be saying that the "me" of John 16:23 is one thing and the "MIGHTY GOD" is another?

Is that what you are saying?

John 16:23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Bibleman
1.in John 16:23 Jesus says to pray to the Father in His Name.
2.in chapter 14:14 He says to pray to Him in His name.if we ask Him anything in His name He (JESUS)will do it.
now if i can understand that.im as thick as a brick.dumb as a hay rake or coal bucket.or so dumb im happy as my Grandpa told me all the time.
you have to see that!!!!!!!!!!!

bibleman wrote:
Bibleman,
comparing John 16: 23 and John 14:14 looks like a contradiction.unless one knows that the Mighty God is in Christ. :scatter:

bibleman wrote:
Hi Billy,

24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.

Matthew 6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

Do you think Jesus missed it when HE told us NOT to pray to HIM but to pray to the FATHER?

OK Billy,

THANKS for the response.

Above you said: "comparing John 16: 23 and John 14:14 looks like a contradiction.unless one knows that the Mighty God is in Christ."

So then you would be saying that the "me" of John 16:23 is one thing and the "MIGHTY GOD" is another?

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

branham1965 wrote:Bibleman
2.in chapter 14:14 He says to pray to Him in His name.if we ask Him anything in His name He (JESUS)will do it.
now if i can understand that.im as thick as a brick.dumb as a hay rake or coal bucket.or so dumb im happy as my Grandpa told me all the time.

bibleman wrote:
Bibleman,

bibleman wrote:
Hi Billy,

OK Billy,

THANKS for the response.

Hi Billy,

Above you said: "2.in chapter 14:14 He says to pray to Him in His name.if we ask Him anything in His name He (JESUS)will do it."/i]

Here is John 14:14.

John 14:14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

Where in John 14:14 as you say.... does Jesus tell us to pray to HIM?

God bless
Leon Bible

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

this IS a joke right????
you have to be kidding.wow.
if one reads chapter 14.He is talking about the Disciples believing in Him.Him going away and preparing them a home in Heaven.reveals His true identity verse 9-11.the NIV Study Bible says it is prayer.MacArthur's Study Bible says it is prayer.PRAYER.
if we ask JESUS ANYTHING IN HIS NAME HE DOES IT.IF WE ASK HIM HE WILL DO IT. HE IS TALKING ABOUT PRAYER.
why would His Disciples ask Him anything IN HIS NAME IF HE WAS WITH THEM STILL???THE SAME LANGUAGE IS USED IN 16:23!!!!! :scrambleup: :flasingsmile:

bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:Bibleman

bibleman wrote:
Bibleman,

bibleman wrote:
Hi Billy,

OK Billy,

THANKS for the response.

Hi Billy,

Above you said: "2.in chapter 14:14 He says to pray to Him in His name.if we ask Him anything in His name He (JESUS)will do it."/i]

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

branham1965 wrote:this IS a joke right????
if one reads chapter 14.He is talking about the Disciples believing in Him.Him going away and preparing them a home in Heaven.reveals His true identity verse 9-11.the NIV Study Bible says it is prayer.MacArthur's Study Bible says it is prayer.PRAYER.
if we ask JESUS ANYTHING IN HIS NAME HE DOES IT.IF WE ASK HIM HE WILL DO IT. HE IS TALKING ABOUT PRAYER.
why would His Disciples ask Him anything IN HIS NAME IF HE WAS WITH THEM STILL???THE SAME LANGUAGE IS USED IN 16:23!!!!! :scrambleup: :flasingsmile:
Hi Billy,

You may have misread my question so I will ask it again.

God bless
Leon Bible

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

if you think that is upsetting me. :shock: :scatter:
ill tell you what i could pull out every study Bible and commentary there is and they all say its prayer here.all are Trinitarians as well.Ernest Angley says so.i heard that at 15.
see what that old buzzard William Barclay you like so much has to say here.he is ok though.a man who denies every tenet of the gospel.hes dandy.
any Preacher with a masters degree knows the Lord is talking about leaving the Earth and is telling the Disciples who He is and is saying to ask HIM in Chapter 14 and He repeats Himself in 16.He that seeth Me hath seen the Father.they believed Him.they didnt have the luxury of having people explain it away.

my question what is this about in Matthew 7:7-8"ask and it shall be given you;seek and ye shall find;knock and it shall be opened unto you."
"for every one that asketh receiveth;and he that seeketh findeth and to him that knocketh it shall be opened."my margin reads R = references LUKE 11:9 -10 and JOHN 14:13 is that prayer???? :-D
VERSE 13 "AND WHATSOEVER YE SHALL ASK IN MY NAME THAT WILL I DO THAT THE FATHER MAY BE GLORIFIED IN THE SON. VERSE 14 "IF YE ASK ANYTHING IN MY NAME I WILL DO IT."
that above is incontrovertible undeniable conclusive proof-evidence that you are wrong about this :shock: :scatter: :turn-l: :Fade-color :rainbow1: :fadein: :flasingsmile: .
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: +ouch +pieface +pieface

bibleman wrote:
Hi Billy,

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

branham1965 wrote:if you think that is upsetting me. :shock: :scatter:
ill tell you what i could pull out every study Bible and commentary there is and they all say its prayer here.all are Trinitarians as well.Ernest Angley says so.i heard that at 15.
see what that old buzzard William Barclay you like so much has to say here.he is ok though.a man who denies every tenet of the gospel.hes dandy.
any Preacher with a masters degree knows the Lord is talking about leaving the Earth and is telling the Disciples who He is and is saying to ask HIM in Chapter 14 and He repeats Himself in 16.He that seeth Me hath seen the Father.they believed Him.they didnt have the luxury of having people explain it away.

my question what is this about in Matthew 7:7-8"ask and it shall be given you;seek and ye shall find;knock and it shall be opened unto you."
"for every one that asketh receiveth;and he that seeketh findeth and to him that knocketh it shall be opened."my margin reads R = references LUKE 11:9 -10 and JOHN 14:13 is that prayer???? :-D
VERSE 13 "AND WHATSOEVER YE SHALL ASK IN MY NAME THAT WILL I DO THAT THE FATHER MAY BE GLORIFIED IN THE SON. VERSE 14 "IF YE ASK ANYTHING IN MY NAME I WILL DO IT."
that above is incontrovertible undeniable conclusive proof-evidence that you are wrong about this :shock: :scatter: :turn-l: :Fade-color :rainbow1: :fadein: :flasingsmile: .

bibleman wrote:
Hi Billy,

Hi Billy,

Could you please just answer the question below.

God bless
Leon Bible

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

how do you read the verse??just what is the Lord saying to them in that chapter??

bibleman wrote:

bibleman wrote:
Hi Billy,

Hi Billy,

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

branham1965 wrote:how do you read the verse??just what is the Lord saying to them in that chapter??

bibleman wrote:

bibleman wrote:
Hi Billy,

Hi Billy,

Well Billy,

I don't see Jesus saying to ask HIM in John 14:14... Do you?

God bless
Leon Bible

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Men! This is how I understand these verses.

Jesus is telling them something here, not asking, At the moment, He is telling the guys;

"And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

If ye love me, keep my commandments. AND I WILL PRAY the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;" (John 14:14-16).

Later on Jesus agains continues talking to and telling the guys the same or similar thigs;

"Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, (ask who? why the Father of course), and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.

[Jesus is telling them, Up to now you have not asked anything in my Name because I was with you and you asked me things personally, but after I leave you, you must ask the Father IN MY NAME!].

These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father.

At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, THAT I WILL PRAY THE FATHER FOR YOU:"(John 16:24:26).

Jesus is telling the disciples to go directly to the Father, ask Him what they want in Jesus Name, and Jesus will pray the Father gives them what they want.

[Jesus is telling them, You pray and I WILL MAKE INTERCESSION FOR YOU ("
Men! This is how I understand these verses.

Jesus is telling them something here, not asking, At the moment, He is telling the guys;

"And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

If ye love me, keep my commandments. AND I WILL PRAY the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;" (John 14:14-16).

Later on Jesus agains continues talking to and telling the guys the same or similar thigs;

"Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, (ask who? why the Father of course), and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.

[Jesus is telling them, Up to now you have not asked anything in my Name because I was with you and you asked me things personally, but after I leave you, you must ask the Father IN MY NAME!].

These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father.

At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, THAT I WILL PRAY THE FATHER FOR YOU:"(John 16:24:26).

Jesus is telling the disciples to go directly to the Father, ask Him what they want in Jesus Name, and Jesus will pray the Father gives them what they want.

[Jesus is telling them, You pray and I WILL MAKE INTERCESSION FOR YOU "Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us." (Rom. 8:34), "Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them." (Heb. 7:25), "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our's only, but also for the sins of the whole world." (1 John 2:1-2).]
Jesus told them, when you pray, to the Father, not to me, but to the Father, in My Name or by my authority, the Father will always hear and answer, because this is what He sent Me to tell you, so let this be a settled fact in your lives guys!

When I pray to the Father in in the Name, or in the authority of Jesus, the Father hears me as if it were Jesus Himself on His knees before Him, and the Father never refuses Jesus anything!

Jesus isnt saying pray to me, Jesus is telling the disciples, and us, to pray to the Father only, not to Him, but, by His authority, using His Name,the Father will allways answer.

My two-bob's worth. If I'm wrong, I'm open to correction no worries at all!

Cheers, Haz.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?