Dake Bible Discussion BoardBaptizing in the name of Jesus ONLY is NOT obeying Jesus!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
the_truth

Re: Baptizing in the name of Jesus ONLY is NOT obeying Jesus

Post by the_truth »

Haz,
You wrote a book in responding to my quote.

So i take it my quote of 1 Cor 8:6 is not sufficient to say Amen.

I say as the Apostle Paul and believe as the Apostles and the Prophets of old. There is but ONE GOD, the Father, and ONE Lord, the Man Jesus The Christ, who is the mediator between THE ONE GOD and man.

Is that not sufficient for one to say Amen, or must one take these verses in which Paul said this and try to coin it with some term "doctrinal term"?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

HAZ
i believe every Scripture you posted mate. :smilecolros: :scatter: :scrambleup: :Fade-color

Ironman wrote:Billy, maccas right mate. There are many Scriptures plainly and clearly stating that the Father, who remained in Heaven, raised up Jesus after three days and three nights.

"Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God." (1 Peter 1:21).

"But God raised him from the dead:" (Acts 13:30).

"But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;" (Romans 4:24).

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." (Romans 10:9).

"And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power." (1 Cor. 6:14).
LOOK,
"Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;"(Gal.1:1).

"Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,"(Eph. 1:20).

"Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead."(Coll. 2:12).

"Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God." (1 Peter 1:21).

There is no way anyone can miss-understand this Scripture, The Father Raised Up Jesus From the Dead!

"Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;"(Gal.1:1).

Trinity is not mentioned in Scripture, Godhead is mentioned three times.Jesus is one member of the Godhead,

"Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device."(Acts 17:29),

"For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:"(Romans 1:20),

"For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily." (Coll. 2:9).

Haz.

macca
After the Holy Ghost Has Come Upon You, Ye Shall Be My Witnesses

Post by macca »

the_truth wrote:Is GOD THREE or ONE? Some say GOD is THREE others say HE is ONE. Then some say GOD is TWO. Some say HE is a Trinity others say HE is only ONE".

What did the Apostle's say?

Unto us, there is not but ONE GOD, The Father. 1 Cor 8.6, Eph 4:6. That's what the Apostle Paul penned by the Spirit of GOD ALMIGHTY.

Me: i say as the Apostle Paul and the saints of old, there is ONE GOD, The Father, and ONE LORD, CHRIST. That settles it for me.

Many people don't understand that the ONE GOD, The Father, gave HIS Son the same power and authority that HE(THE FATHER) had. Not only did THE FATHER give him the same authority and power, HE gave THE SON a more excellent Name than all. Heb 1:4. His Name came by inheritance. This proves 100% that CHRIST inherited God's Name.

Am i correct in believing that in your last sentence that you believe Jesus became God by inheritence?

macca

macca

Post by macca »

the_truth wrote:Haz,

I say as the Apostle Paul and believe as the Apostles and the Prophets of old. There is but ONE GOD, the Father, and ONE Lord, the Man Jesus The Christ, who is the mediator between THE ONE GOD and man.

Is that not sufficient for one to say Amen, or must one take these verses in which Paul said this and try to coin it with some term "doctrinal term"?

What about the Apostle John and what he said in John, 12: 37-41
As verse 41 states; These things said Isaiah (Isaiah.) WHEN HE SAW HIS GLORY, AND SPOKE WITH HIM.

Who do you believe is the Him John and Isaiah are refering to?

macca

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

macca
the only people i have heard use that verse in THAT way are Arian's.ie : the JW's Bible Students etc.
the "by inheritance" in his last 2 sentences sounds like Dr.Kenyon's influence.

:scatter: :scrambleup: :flasingsmile: :Fade-color :turn-l:

macca wrote:
the_truth wrote:Is GOD THREE or ONE? Some say GOD is THREE others say HE is ONE. Then some say GOD is TWO. Some say HE is a Trinity others say HE is only ONE".

What did the Apostle's say?

Unto us, there is not but ONE GOD, The Father. 1 Cor 8.6, Eph 4:6. That's what the Apostle Paul penned by the Spirit of GOD ALMIGHTY.

Me: i say as the Apostle Paul and the saints of old, there is ONE GOD, The Father, and ONE LORD, CHRIST. That settles it for me.

Many people don't understand that the ONE GOD, The Father, gave HIS Son the same power and authority that HE(THE FATHER) had. Not only did THE FATHER give him the same authority and power, HE gave THE SON a more excellent Name than all. Heb 1:4. His Name came by inheritance. This proves 100% that CHRIST inherited God's Name.

Am i correct in believing that in your last sentence that you believe Jesus became God by inheritence?

macca

macca

Post by macca »

Yea, i can't work that one out??? must be getting thick in my old age :crazyeyes:

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

the_ truth were you once once a Jehovah's Witness??or a Bible Student??
dont be offended.i had some friends who were.
the_truth wrote:Haz,

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

i forgot +goofy to add Bishop Alexander in my post above.there were alot of players ,shakers and movers in the formulation of what Rome (and Constantinople)later embraced as the official doctrine of the Trinity and the Godhead.

Emperor Constantine was a/the major hitter in the Council held at Nicea in 325 A.D.

i believe in my soul that it all was as far from the Apostles Doctrine as i am in Columbus, Ohio USA from Haz and macca in Australia.

John Calvin was a great Reformer.like Wile E.Coyote he was a super genius.try reading his "Institutes of the Christian Religion".
and he hated Rome like Luther and Zwingli did.
but he burned Michaell Servetus to death for not accepting HIS view of the Godhead. most of us here would be burning tonight with Servetus if we lived then and would not cur out and recant.
that means devout Trinitarian's who believe as the good Reverend Dake did ........ or Apostolic's who believe in the Oneness view of God.
we would all be killed in God's Name ..... by Brother Calvin. +pieface

the_truth

Post by the_truth »

branham1965 wrote:the_ truth were you once once a Jehovah's Witness??or a Bible Student??
dont be offended.i had some friends who were.
Hi Billy,
My name is Darren. I never take offense about anyone asking me a question. I will answer your questions, but i don't know what to think of it. The key word out of what you have written in this post is "HAD" friends. I guess that friendship is dissolved and i would assume because of their beliefs.

Anyway, Never was and never will be a Jehovah's witness, never studied their belief, do not want to study their beliefs. Neither am i an "Arian" believer. Never studied him.

I, myself, think that i am good Bible Student, but that's an opinion that will probably cause some to "chuckle" on this board.

The reason why i used "MAN" in the previous post is because the Apostle's were fighting against a doctrine in that day that said that CHRIST had not come in the "flesh". Therefore, Paul wrote and John re-affirmed that CHRIST came in the FLESH(i.e. meaning HE was truly a man). 2 John 7.

Who is Dr. Kenyon? Don't know him either. The reason why i wrote about INHERITANCE is because that is important in understanding how CHRIST got HIS Name, Authority, and Power, especially in the Age to come.

Question for you my friend, if Paul came back to the land of living and spoke that same Scripture concerning THE FATHER and THE LORD, would you ask him this same question and why? Isn't that Scripture enough to reveal who the ONE GOD is and who THE LORD is?

I'm at lost as to why believing in that verse requires further explanation?