Dake Bible Discussion BoardDoes one need the Holy Ghost Baptism to make the rapture???

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Re: Does one need the Holy Ghost Baptism to make the rapture

Post by macca »

I was just mulling over "walking and living in the spirit"
As Paul stated 'we will not fullfill the lusts of the flesh'
And John was 'in the spirit' on the Lord's day.

It seems to me to be a difference between 'in the spirit' and being just a nominal christian living in the world, like the world and not much fruit if any???

what do you think???????

macca

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

i think you are spot on macca.the flesh must be crucified and to walk in the Spirit is to walk in the Light 1 jo 1.
Saint Johns being in the Spirit i believe was far different .it was a supernatural experience given to John by God.
if i live and act like the world professing godliness but denying the power thereof ill miss the rapture and be left behind in the tribulation period... :agrue:

macca wrote:I was just mulling over "walking and living in the spirit"
As Paul stated 'we will not fullfill the lusts of the flesh'
And John was 'in the spirit' on the Lord's day.

It seems to me to be a difference between 'in the spirit' and being just a nominal christian living in the world, like the world and not much fruit if any???

what do you think???????

macca

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

:angel:

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

"And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss. And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise." (Luke 23:41-43).

The repentant thief on the cross knew he deserved all he got and all he said was Lord remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. We know that he was no candidate for a rapture and why time wise but he went direct to a place of safety untill Jesus ascended with those held captive. People of the likes of Abel, Abraham, Moses, King David.

Was the repentant thief on the cross baptized with the Holy Spirit just after he asked Jesus to remember him in His Kingdom? Could he speak in tongues?

Or was he baptized for stating that he deserved punishment when Jesus did not deserve any?
Or did Jesus just protect comfort and take him to Heaven in the end, at the thiefs last moments of earthly life, whether baptized in the spirit or not simply, because in his last moments of life he believed just who Jesus truly was?

No tongues, no special prayers, no water baptism, nothing but, "remember me????"

Personally I think we should never assume anything God may or not expect.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?