Dake Bible Discussion BoardDoes one need the Holy Ghost Baptism to make the rapture???

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Does one need the Holy Ghost Baptism to make the rapture???

Post by branham1965 »

Some Pentecostals say that one must be water baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ and be filled with the Holy Ghost and speak in others tongues to be saved.most of us would regard this as doctrinal error and false.

others who are Trinitarian Pentecostals and Charismatics teach that one must (after salvation )MUST be baptized in the Holy Ghost and speak in other tongues to make the rapture.MUST.

thoughts please ?? +ummm +ummm +ummm

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Re: Does one need the Holy Ghost Baptism to make the rapture

Post by macca »

rules and regulations, burdens and weights, hogwash and poppycock,, some folks are so mixed up they are set like concrete.

According to Paul in 1. cor 15: its not a requirment.

Although he does say in verse 34.
Awake to righteousness, and stop sinning; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

He thought it more important to remind them that they are holy and righteous and should not be sinning, so those on the outside can see that christians are different then the world.

Not babbling around with other tongues making themselves a laughing stock and driving people away with their superioty, puffed up in their self belief and hollow hearts. +hammer

macca

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

macca
im NOT saying this is so.
im just saying that some believe this doctrine.

i was wondering what folks might think about it.thats all.

scottae316
Wrestle Against Spiritual Wickedness in High Places

Post by scottae316 »

It is simply a matter of eisegesis and/or misinterpreting Scripture. They have a belief so they twist Scripture or try to say that a Scripture is stating something when in fact it does not. No, one does not need to speak in tongues to enter heaven, nor be Baptized. The thief on the cross did not speak in tongues nor was he Baptized yet Jesus said that he would be with Him in paradise. Good post Billy :angel:

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

scottae316 wrote:It is simply a matter of eisegesis and/or misinterpreting Scripture. They have a belief so they twist Scripture or try to say that a Scripture is stating something when in fact it does not. No, one does not need to speak in tongues to enter heaven, nor be Baptized. The thief on the cross did not speak in tongues nor was he Baptized yet Jesus said that he would be with Him in paradise. Good post Billy :angel:
thanks Scott.i appreciate your response.i agree with you and macca.
just trying to get folks talking.
i know that Reverend Dake explains it in his notes on the 10 virgins.

i hope you keep cool over there Scott.i never remember weather here like this.the last i see was in the 1950's.

macca

Post by macca »

Sorry Billy, I was not having a crack at you.
I have come across some people that believe that stuff and their self importance rejected me as a real Christian.
Believing that Jesus died, was buried, after 3 days rose from the dead and was seen by over 500 people then ascended to heaven is not enough???? I was in shock

Ray

Post by Ray »

Billy,
The word "Baptize" is in the Greek Language is "baptizo" and means to immerse or to be overwhelmed with.

Though many may disagree (not odd here for me right?) To be Filled with The Holy Spirit is to be Baptized in The Holy Spirit.

When one is Filled (Baptized) with The Spirit of CHRIST JESUS, he is Immersed with and Overwhelmed by The Holy Spirit.

Yeah, I believe one must be Baptized ( Born Of, Filled With, Immersed In) The Holy Spirit "To See" and "To Enter" The Kingdom Of GOD.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Hi Billy, Dake puts it well;

"Baptism is a symbol of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ and it is a testimony to all the world that the individual has been saved from a life of sin and that the individual is now walking in newness of life.

It is only people who are followers of Jesus that are commanded to be baptized. (Read Matt. 28:19-20; Mark 16:15-16; and Acts 2:38-39).

The repentant thief on the cross at Jesus crucifiction was never baptized yet Jesus told him that "To-day shalt thou be with me in paradise" (Luke 23:43).

So the truth is Baptism alone is actually not necessary for salvation. The purpose of baptism is not to save the soul, sanctify one, or make us children of God, Jesus did that through His death and resurrection. The sole purpose of baptism is plainly taught as being figurative and not litterally a clensing from sin.

The palsied man of Matt. 9:1-7 was saved without water baptism: "Jesus seeing their faith [not their water baptism] said . . . thy sins be forgiven thee . . . the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins." Jesus did not baptize one person in all His ministry but He did remit sins of many people (John 4:2). This is sufficient proof that sins can be remitted without water baptism. There are many cases of remission of sins and healing which were done by faith without water baptism (Matt. 9:22; Mark 5:34; 10:52; Luke 7:48' 17:19; 18:42; Acts 3:16).

An unnamed woman sinner was forgiven her sins before and without water baptism. Jesus said, "Her sins, which are many are forgiven . . . thy sins be forgiven . . . thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace (Luke 7:36-50).'

Regarding infants he wrote, "If Jesus allowed adults forgiveness and entry to heaven without baptizm, then why would He expect Children to be baptized to guarantee entry to heaven? Many more scriptures fill the Bible showing adults being saved without water baptism."
Finis Jennings Dake.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

HAZ

MATE I LOVE YOU BROTHER AND WOULD THROW THE DOGS FOR YOU.

MY QUESTION IS DO YOU NEED TO BE BAPTISED +wink IN THE HOLY GHOST TO MAKE.....THE RAPTURE????

macca

Post by macca »

branham1965 wrote:HAZ

MATE I LOVE YOU BROTHER AND WOULD THROW THE DOGS FOR YOU.

MY QUESTION IS DO YOU NEED TO BE BAPTISED +wink IN THE HOLY GHOST TO MAKE.....THE RAPTURE????

ER,, don't know :crazyeyes:

If we do, than, there are 2nd class christians me thinks... :shocked!:

Dogs are faithful even when we stuff up, they never leave us or chew on our legs,, :mrgreen: