Dake Bible Discussion BoardOur body dies when our spirit leaves us.

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Our body dies when our spirit leaves us.

Post by Ironman »

Paul said;
"I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven. And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;)" (2 Cor. 12:2-3).

Paul may not have know or he wasnt sure as he explaines, but James knew!

"For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also." (James 2:26).

He must have been in his body because had he left his body and gone to heaven out of his body, in the spirit, he would have first had to have died and being dead, could not came back to talk about his experience in heaven. For it is appointed for a man "once" to die.

"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:" (Hebrews 9:27).

He went to Heaven in his body and spirit! according to these Scriptures.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Our body dies when our spirit leaves us.

Post by branham1965 »

amen Haz. :angel: :angel: if folks spirits are flying all over the planet while their bodies are in another place thats astral projection.

when the spirit-soul literally leaves the body ....the body is dead jas 2:26.

Paul said to be absent from the body 2 cor 5 is to be present with the Lord.that happened to our champion the greatest apostle Paul when he was beheaded for Jesus Christ.he departed to be with Christ which was FAR better.Ph1:23

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

You missunderstand what is our spirit Haz, its not like our mortal body.
Many christians can testify of traveling in the spirit while in prayer to far away places and ministering to people there while they are on their knees at home, still alive in the body.
Many have been in the presense of Jesus while ministering to people at the same time,,they have preached and not remembered what they said or did,but do remember what Jesus said in conversation to them...

You must have noticed sometimes when we read a book etc, that while we are reading the words, our spirit is away on another place or subject entirly and when we come back to the book we have read, even out loud, a whole page and cannot remember a single word of it, because we were somewhere else.
That is what it is like in the spirit with God, our spirit is in contact with Him not our bodies.
macca

Ironman wrote:Paul said;
"I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven. And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;)" (2 Cor. 12:2-3).

Paul may not have know or he wasnt sure as he explaines, but James knew!

"For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also." (James 2:26).

He must have been in his body because had he left his body and gone to heaven out of his body, in the spirit, he would have first had to have died and being dead, could not came back to talk about his experience in heaven. For it is appointed for a man "once" to die.

"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:" (Hebrews 9:27).

He went to Heaven in his body and spirit! according to these Scriptures.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

I have dreamt that I was at work while I was actually in bed asleep at home. I knew I was dreaming because I never got paid for those extra shifts :-D :-D :-D

I dont think one can be at home on ones knees praying while my spirit leaves my body and does something else somewhere else?? I believe if my spirit leaves my body i will drop dead on the spot.

Spiritual presence is this. Men and women who do not know God never feel His presence. They never do except as their creative spirit spirit begins to think of where they came from, why they are here and where are they going. The greater the knowledge of God and the consecration to Him the greater His presence is felt.

In this sense Jesus Himself, whohas a glorified flesh and bone body and is local in body, that is in one place at a time, is with all men everywhere even to the end of the age (Matt. 28:19-20). In the same sense Paul and other believers dwelledin each other regardless of personal bodily distance from each other (2 Cor. 7:3; Phil. 1:7).

We know that the personal body of Jesus Christ, or those of believers, are not omnipresent when they are in the lives of others in Spirit presence, so the same thing is true of the Father and the Holy Spirit.
"they have preached and not remembered what they said or did,"
That being said, how do they remember they preached at all? Maybe they were dreaming?
"Many christians can testify of traveling in the spirit while in prayer to far away places and ministering to people there while they are on their knees at home, still alive in the body."

Seriously macca, is there anything in Scripture which supports or even suggests the above statment?

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

macca

Post by macca »

Ironman wrote:I have dreamt that I was at work while I was actually in bed asleep at home. I knew I was dreaming because I never got paid for those extra shifts :-D :-D :-D

I dont think one can be at home on ones knees praying while my spirit leaves my body and does something else somewhere else?? I believe if my spirit leaves my body i will drop dead on the spot.

Spiritual presence is this. Men and women who do not know God never feel His presence. They never do except as their creative spirit spirit begins to think of where they came from, why they are here and where are they going. The greater the knowledge of God and the consecration to Him the greater His presence is felt.

In this sense Jesus Himself, whohas a glorified flesh and bone body and is local in body, that is in one place at a time, is with all men everywhere even to the end of the age (Matt. 28:19-20). In the same sense Paul and other believers dwelledin each other regardless of personal bodily distance from each other (2 Cor. 7:3; Phil. 1:7).

We know that the personal body of Jesus Christ, or those of believers, are not omnipresent when they are in the lives of others in Spirit presence, so the same thing is true of the Father and the Holy Spirit.

That being said, how do they remember they preached at all? Maybe they were dreaming?
"Many christians can testify of traveling in the spirit while in prayer to far away places and ministering to people there while they are on their knees at home, still alive in the body."

Seriously macca, is there anything in Scripture which supports or even suggests the above statment?

They know they have preached because the people watched and heard them the whole time they were somewhere else in the spirit.

John G Lake and Hagin speak of this happening many times in their ministry where they haved traveled long distances to people in prayer and laid their hands on them then returned to whatever they were doing in the body. They found out later what had occured to the people when they testifed of their healing or deliverance at that precise moment in time..God is only limited by our non action in prayer and faith because we are His body on earth, He works through us now by the Spirit of God through our spirits.
macca

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

im with HAZ the Australian Angler.... :mrgreen:

Paul said i long to see you in order that i may impart some spiritual gift rom 1:11nasb he meant he was going to Rome and thus have contact with other human beings there.he would lay hands on them etc.

when Phillip preached in Samaria he called for Peter and John acts 8 to come and lay hands on believing and water baptised :| (the Apostles and early church put much much greater emphasis on water baptism than PC-WOF ers do) Christians to recieve the Holy Ghost...they travelled.there is an example of him being transported by the Spirit after the Eunch was saved but he went body soul and spirit to Azotus.

i have never read this in the Bible.where is the book chapter and verse for this????the Apostles had to travel to people in the flesh to lay hands on people.not fly out of their bodies and do so.

i respect both of the men you mentioned very much.im just trying to generate some discussion on here.
Last edited by branham1965 on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

dolph wrote:I agree with Macca, how 'bout all those folks who have been to Heaven and reported back to us of their experiences?

i have heard testimonies of experiences of heaven and hell. :agrue: were they visions of heaven and hell or actual spirit transportations.i think this is very interesting.
if i recall there are different types of visions Brother Hagin said. +ummm +ummm

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

dolph wrote:I agree with Macca, how 'bout all those folks who have been to Heaven and reported back to us of their experiences?
They didnt know whether they were in their body or not?

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

macca wrote:
Ironman wrote:I have dreamt that I was at work while I was actually in bed asleep at home. I knew I was dreaming because I never got paid for those extra shifts :-D :-D :-D

They know they have preached because the people watched and heard them the whole time they were somewhere else in the spirit.

John G Lake and Hagin speak of this happening many times in their ministry where they haved traveled long distances to people in prayer and laid their hands on them then returned to whatever they were doing in the body. They found out later what had occured to the people when they testifed of their healing or deliverance at that precise moment in time..God is only limited by our non action in prayer and faith because we are His body on earth, He works through us now by the Spirit of God through our spirits.
macca
Fair enough, mate, but the devil can and does work miricals and wonders as well.

Is what you have mentioned here;
"They know they have preached because the people watched and heard them the whole time they were somewhere else in the spirit."
exampled, supported, taught or preached in the Scriptures? Forgetting what people who have watched and heard said??

macca

Post by macca »

All glory was given to Jesus Haz, people were healed, delivered from demons, creative miracles took place, every thing designed by satan to hinder people God destroyed by the power of the Spirit through anointed men and women of God.......that the devil does not do.
It comes under signs and wonders in the gifts of the spirit cor 1 12-14; John 16:1-14;