Dake Bible Discussion BoardTHE HOLY SPIRIT'S BODY

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: THE HOLY SPIRIT'S BODY

Post by Ironman »

macca wrote:Oky Doky, in light of this discussion what did John mean when he said..
'I WAS IN THE SPIRIT on the Lord's day' ????

macca
G-day mate, this is how I understand John was when he was in the Spirit.
"I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet," (Rev. 1:10).

John was totally, completly in union with the Holy Spirit and fully yielded to Him. He was in union with, consecrated to the same end-one mind, purpose and life, not bodily enterance into. It can be best understood by a man and a woman becoming "one" in life, together, to be in each others plans. And the two shall become one, in unity. Husband and wife can never enter bodily into each other? And so it is with the Holy Spirit. he can be in us and we in Him, just as we are in Jesus and Jesus in us.

We can be with others in the Spirit as well.

"For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ." Col. 2:5.

We are in the Spirit, or we are not His!
"But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his." (Romans 8:9.

"If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit." (Gal . 5:25). "And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;" (Eph. 4:23). "Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;" (Eph. 6:18). "For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh." (Phil. 3:3). "Who also declared unto us your love in the Spirit." (Col. 1:8).

And James 4:5, "Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?" with 1 Peter 4:6, "For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit."

"And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne." Revelation 4:2, John cameto be in the Spirit as in Rev. verse 1:10.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

The life and ministry of John G Lake, Mother Etter, Kenneth E Hagin. Etc, will show the fact of living in the spirit and being elsewhere while their bodies were in one place.

When Paul said 'I knew a man IN CHRIST 14 years ago, whether in the body or OUT OF THE BODY I cannot tell.' is speaking of the same thing.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

branham1965 wrote::angel: :angel: :angel:
Ironman wrote:If God has a body, soul and spirit and if there are three distinct persons in the Godhead then each person in the Godhead naturally has a personal body, soul,, and spirit as does each human being. No person can exist without a body or a shape. Even demons, who are classed as disembodied spirits, have shapes and forms. The inner man of each human being has a shape and form which is tangible and real. The divine attributes of the Holy Spirit prove Him to be a real person. He would not have divine atributes if He were not a person. He could not be a person without bodily parts through which these personal powers are manifested. He would have to have a body or He could not manifest Himself and His personal powers in the material world. He could not make Himself be present if there is nothing about Him to make Himself known?
Thanks Billy, and the Holy Spirit can not and does not get inside bodily into anyone! He can and does live in our hearts. The Old testament Jews relied on the Law written in tablets of stone, we rely on Jesus Christ and the Power of the Holy Spirit in us.

"Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart." (2 Cor. 3:2).

When we are baptized in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, we recieve a MEASURE of the Holy Spirit. Some recieve more than others, some not as much but its a measure. Jesus was filled with the Holy Spirit at His baptism but it was only the Holy Spirits POWER He was filled with. The Holy Spirit never entered into Jesus bodily. It was after being filled with the power of the Holy Spirit that He began to do miricles, not before.

When Jesus was baptized, He came out of the water and the Holy Spirit in the form of a dove, decended and lighted upon Him, and a voice from Heaven was heard. It was the Father praising His Son. There it is, three distinct and separate beings, one on the Earth, the other decending and lighting upon Him, not entering into Him, and the other,in Heaven speaking about Him! Not one entered onto another at any time.

"And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased." (Matt. 3:16-17 ; Mark 1:10).

Next;

"Then was Jesus led up of the spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil." (Matt. 4:1). The Holy Spirit led Jesus into the wilderness, To be tested like Adam!

The Holy Spirit dwells IN men only in the sense of UNION WITH, but never by bodily enterence into the human body to reside there like an incarnation. God and man are in perfect union and are considered as being ONE in dwelling in each other.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

davido
Be Strong in the Power of His Might

Post by davido »

He does not have to be in us in the body to be in us.
That is perhaps a mortal view. Neither can we understand
no beginning or end, for the things of divinity, are beyond
our ability to reason, for we know not experiece's of divinity
to fully comprehend 'in the body' as 'in the Spirit.'
The power of God, Jesus Christ, The Holy Spirit in the
spirit are perhaps of equal value in divine terms as compared
to being in the body.
We are the temple of The Holy Spirit.
The Lord is in His Holy Temple.

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

davido wrote:He does not have to be in us in the body to be in us.
That is perhaps a mortal view. Neither can we understand
no beginning or end, for the things of divinity, are beyond
our ability to reason, for we know not experiece's of divinity
to fully comprehend 'in the body' as 'in the Spirit.'
The power of God, Jesus Christ, The Holy Spirit in the
spirit are perhaps of equal value in divine terms as compared
to being in the body.
We are the temple of The Holy Spirit.
The Lord is in His Holy Temple.
God or the Holy Spirit do not get inside any person and dwell there inside them.

God dwells in Heaven not everywhere in every human being. His presence in us is governed by our relationship with Him. The presence of two persons relationship may be felt even though they are thousands of miles apart. The closer two people are the greater they feel each others presence. So it is with God. God dwells in Heaven and persons on Earth that know Him and are in UNION with Him in Spirit can feel His presence in their lives regardless of where they are on Earth.

macca

Post by macca »

Thats the same (in a small way) with husbands and wives, identical twins, etc...when you talk with them they know what the other is thinking and doing when they a seperated by long distances... their spirits are in contact with oneanother and only the christian can rightly understand such things.
macca

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

macca wrote:Thats the same (in a small way) with husbands and wives, identical twins, etc...when you talk with them they know what the other is thinking and doing when they a seperated by long distances... their spirits are in contact with oneanother and only the christian can rightly understand such things.
macca
Thats right mate.

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

"I don't understand why any child of God would want to minimize this truth. Jesus Christ is really spiritually present in each true child of God."

Were not minimising anything. Were saying Jesus Christ, God the Father and the Holy Spirit are present in the Children of God in unity, in thought, in love, and consecrated to all and everything God wants of us but they are never in us BODILY in any way shape of form, not are we present in them bodily.

macca

Post by macca »

like i said the world of the spirit is vastly different to ours, is is far higher and not bound by earth and air..

It is bound and upheld by the power of the word of Jesus

Reuben
Pray Always with All Perseverance for All Saints

Post by Reuben »

Reading earlier posts, there were discussions concerning a person's spirit being in more than one place at a time. 2nd Chron. was used as a proof of this.
I think one of the things that we can fall into (including me also) is when we fail to properly divide the word. Also, when we fail to recognize figures of speech.

2 Timothy 1:7 (KJV)
7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear ; but of power , and of love , and of a sound mind .

The above verse has been preached more times that you can count referring to fear as an actual spirit being. The truth of the matter is, in this verse, spirit is used as a disposition of a person.

1 Corinthians 14:32 (KJV)
32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets .

The above verse here references "spirit" but it to is not a spirit being but rather it is used synonymously with gifts.

2nd Chronicles 18 is not speaking of one spirit being in many prophets simultaneously at the same time, but rather he would influence them. The wording is a figure of speech.

Paul in 1st Cor. 5 Paul was with them in agreement - he was backing them with apostolic authority.

I have a man in our church who works many times when we have had Friday night prayer meetings. He loves to be apart of it but his work schedule prohibits him from attending. He will say to me "I wont be there pastor this Friday night but I will be there in spirit." Of course I know he doesn't leave his job and float down to the church but what he means is that he will be praying as well at intervals throughout the evening and he is in agreement with us even though he is not there physically.

In 2nd Cor. 12 we know that Paul was transported to heaven. If is body remained here, we know he didn't continue on here working, talking, walking, etc, while at the same time walking around heaven.