Dake Bible Discussion Boardthe best way to study the Bible???

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: the best way to study the Bible???

Post by Justaned »

branham1965 wrote:macca is a very humble guy REVED.he knows more than most on here.but he plays off like hes ...not as sharp as a razor(he is)and he is an Australian Croc Dundee like Haz. they chase wild hogs with bowie knives and wrestle crocs and swim in billabongs and with great whites in the beautiful Aussie surf.:mrgreen:
NOW I love Reverend Dake BUT he was not infallible.even he himself with all his brilliance and Anointing said this.the TEXT is inspired...the notes are not. if im wrong i hope someone...ahem ... :changes: will correct me.
i meant no offence to you REVED as my friend...i hope you know that.
Justaned wrote:
macca wrote:Dake cleared away all the garbage in my spirit put there by the catholic church, like fear! and superstition! and such like.
as well as all the new age rubbish and accult junk i was into.

So i thank God for Finis J Dake often.
macca

Ps Billy i have enough bibles thanks mate,, 5 darbs is almost overkill.. :mrgreen:
Macca
Can you see where saying this could be little insulting to God?
In effect you saying God you talk funny and I needed man's help to understand you. The first man I went to I believed but later another man told me the first gave me garbage and the second cleaned it all out, so now I'm good to go.

Think about it when you were a Catholic you believed the Catholics were right. Then you read another Bible and now you believe they are right and the Catholics are wrong. Do you suppose you could read a third interpretation and think both of the first two were wrong? If no why not?

Isn't it about time to really read what God says instead of what people are telling you he is saying?
Billy
I'm not insulting Macca or putting him down. I trying to show him that whenever we use a Commentary Bible (no matter who wrote it) is the same as the Catholic church did, they are telling him what the Bible says and what they want him to believe.

People often say I was catholic and when I was I believed everything they told me. Then one day I found Pastor X and he showed me where the Catholics lied to me and now I believe everything Pastor x says.

My question to them is how do they know Pastor X isn't lying to them just like the Catholics did. When they were Catholic they were sure the Catholics were right just as they are now sure Pastor x is.

What I want people to do is throw away all their teaching(something that is really impossible but every little bit helps) and read and understand the Bible for themselves. Not what the Catholic say and not what Pastor x says.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

REVED
i pray we are friends or mates as the Australian brothers say.
forgive me if i came off wrong.in my last post i was sincerely =not malicious junk there=asking how you as a Reverend and friend would counsel us-me to use my study bibles. :Fade-color :rainbow1:

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Hi Ed,
"What I want people to do is throw away all their teaching(something that is really impossible but every little bit helps) and read and understand the Bible for themselves. Not what the Catholic say and not what Pastor x says."
I think you advice above is EXCELLENT!

As you know the catholic church is filled with heresies and what a Pastor says makes no difference unless it lines up with the BIBLE.

That is the reason I like the Dake Bible so much, no commentary, no opinions of man,... just Scripture and references that point you to other Scripture!

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

Billy
Any commentary is only as good as the one using it. If we use them improperly we end up with the chance of be deceived.

People often complain that they were deceived by a religion/denomination and that they found the truth here "X" My question that I always ask myself when I hear these people talk is how do they know they aren't be deceived again.

Example if you were Catholic and got proselytized by the Jehovah Witness you would say the Catholics lied but you found the truth in the JW. Now let us say you got proselytized again this time by the Mormons. Don't you think you would say the JW lied to you and you now have found the truth in the Mormons?

Now if you and I were discussing something all you said is you need to read Pearl of Great price because it is the truth would I not be right to warn you that you need to put down commentaries and start reading the Bible for yourself?

Instead of turning to Study Bibles, Commentaries, religions or denominations for the truth we must turn to the TRUTH of God’s word. However there is a problem in this we being human tend to read things with a preconditioned attitude. That is simply our nature.

In an effort to combat that I always try to use two commentaries one that tends to agree with my preconceived notion and another that does not. I then try to reconcile the two.
Usually if I do this right I find where both have deviated ever so slightly from God’s actual word.

branham1965 wrote:REVED
obviously you have a use for these notes.what would your recommendation be on how to use them in our studies???
Justaned wrote:
macca wrote:
Justaned wrote:
macca wrote:Dake cleared away all the garbage in my spirit put there by the catholic church, like fear! and superstition! and such like.
as well as all the new age rubbish and accult junk i was into.

So i thank God for Finis J Dake often.
macca

Ps Billy i have enough bibles thanks mate,, 5 darbs is almost overkill.. :mrgreen:
Macca
Can you see where saying this could be little insulting to God?
In effect you saying God you talk funny and I needed man's help to understand you. The first man I went to I believed but later another man told me the first gave me garbage and the second cleaned it all out, so now I'm good to go.

- - - - -
I just had a born again experience while reading Dake's bible, it was all new to me Ed. the Catholic church never showed me Jesus as my Lord and Saviour, my work mate did.
The Catholic church did not lead me to the cross, my work mate did, the Catholic church did not tell me i can be free from sin, guilt, fear, my work mate and Dake did.
The notes and guides in the Dake bible showed me where i was wrong in my understanding of God and the bible.
God used that book and my work mate to set me free.
If i take your advice Ed, is that not being hypocritacal on your part after you said i should not listen to man?
- - - - -

Think about it when you were a Catholic you believed the Catholics were right. Then you read another Bible and now you believe they are right and the Catholics are wrong. Do you suppose you could read a third interpretation and think both of the first two were wrong? If no why not?

Isn't it about time to really read what God says instead of what people are telling you he is saying?

If the bible is not in english what good is it to me, if i can not believe what it says in plain english what good is it to me, if, as you suggest i believe,as i did in the past with the Catholic church, that clouded the very word of God with their tradidtion, rites,fear, lies,entrapment etc where will that get me, Ed??????
I am done with being a puppet in the hands of a denomination that rule the life of their people, there is such a thing as freedom in the Holy Spirit and believing what God tells us in His word.. and if wants to use Dake or anyone else thats fine with me.
macca :-|
Macca
Think about what you are saying.
You said the Catholics lead you astray by telling you what the Bible said.
I'm saying that if we don't read and understand the Bible for ourselves we stand the chance of being led astray again. That is why I advocate not using a bible with commentary but rather instead to seek the Holy Spirit to give me understanding.

If we use someone else's commentary be it Dake or John MacArthur or Matthew Henry we are reading man's opinion of what God is saying. That opinion while it may be correct is not inspired nor infallable.

Commentators any commentator is doing exactly what you said the Catholic church did, telling you what they want you to believe. They may be right or they may be as wrong as you think the Catholic Church was.

macca
After the Holy Ghost Has Come Upon You, Ye Shall Be My Witnesses

Post by macca »

Right on Leon......
Macca

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

macca wrote:Right on Leon......
Macca
Macca
Remember you "Righted on the priest" too.

Before you right on someone ask yourself should I?

Or am I following past deeds that I now believe lead me to deception.

Ray

Post by Ray »

bibleman wrote:Hi Ed,
"What I want people to do is throw away all their teaching(something that is really impossible but every little bit helps) and read and understand the Bible for themselves. Not what the Catholic say and not what Pastor x says."

As you know the catholic church is filled with heresies and what a Pastor says makes no difference unless it lines up with the BIBLE.

That is the reason I like the Dake Bible so much, no commentary, no opinions of man,... just Scripture and references that point you to other Scripture!
Hi Bibleman,
Do you believe Dake is not a man?

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Ray wrote:
bibleman wrote:Hi Ed,

Hi Bibleman,
Do you believe Dake is not a man?
Do you have a Dake Bible Ray?

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

macca
After the Holy Ghost Has Come Upon You, Ye Shall Be My Witnesses

Post by macca »

Sure Ed, I went 'right on' while the priest was molesting my sister? And right on when he told the wafer is God and I have to eat him.
And right on when the AOG pastor said there is none righteous no not one of you.
And when the Baptist pastor said that healing is NOT in the atonement and if you believe it is, you are a heretic.
Taking your advice is how all the free thinkers have split from the original church, it's why we have a set number of books in our bibles.
Every aberration that Christians have come up with is because they have believed God has shown them a new revelation that no one has had before.
You can not stand the fact that Hagin and Dake are my mentors, fathers in the faith.
Even Paul said, follow me as I follow Jesus.
Do you believe I should take advice from someone else because Paul could be wrong.?

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

macca wrote:Sure Ed, I went 'right on' while the priest was molesting my sister? And right on when he told the wafer is God and I have to eat him.
And right on when the AOG pastor said there is none righteous no not one of you.
And when the Baptist pastor said that healing is NOT in the atonement and if you believe it is, you are a heretic.
Taking your advice is how all the free thinkers have split from the original church, it's why we have a set number of books in our bibles.
Every aberration that Christians have come up with is because they have believed God has shown them a new revelation that no one has had before.
You can not stand the fact that Hagin and Dake are my mentors, fathers in the faith.
Even Paul said, follow me as I follow Jesus.
Do you believe I should take advice from someone else because Paul could be wrong.?
Oh I can stand on them in fact I keep them right under my feet. :mrgreen:

Macca
Don't miss my point. My point is obviously what ever we are "in" right now is the truth and everything else is missing that truth.

But there is only one truth and that is Word of God. All else must line up with that truth or it is a falsehood. Whatever man get involved in is going to stray from the truth by the fact we are not yet in our perfected bodies.
So all I'm saying is don't make a blanket statement about anyone person or commentary as being perfect they aren't. The only perfection you can hold today is unaltered word of God.