Dake Bible Discussion BoardHell, when was it created.

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Hell, when was it created.

Post by Ironman »

"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." (Gen. 1:1). No mention of Hell here.

"All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made." (John 1:3).
We know by this verse that the Word did create, (prepare) a place called hell at some time.

"Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:" (Matt.25:41).
We also know that hell definately exists from this verse and similar verses.

So, just when did the Word create this place prepared for the devil and his angels and followers?

"Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee." Ezek.28:15).

The Word teaches here that this perfect being sinned and would be cast out.

"By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire. Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee. Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee. All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more." (Ezek 28:16-19).

The Word teaches that He "Will bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee" but as yet He doesnt mention a place called Hell.

Hell is mentiond 54 time in Scripture in both the Old and New Testament beginning in Deut. 32:22, and ending in Rev. 20:14). The first time Hell is mentioned as a place for the wicked is in Psalm 7:19, "The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God." In Isaiah 5:14 we read that Hell has enlarged herself to accept the ever increasing numbers of people heading there, " Therefore hell hath enlarged herself, and opened her mouth without measure: and their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it." Yet still no mention of Hell being specificly created at a certain time.

It is in Ezek. 31:16 that we read Hell already being created when God cast Pharaoh into Hell, "I made the nations to shake at the sound of his fall, when I cast him down to hell with them that descend into the pit: and all the trees of Eden, the choice and best of Lebanon, all that drink water, shall be comforted in the nether parts of the earth." (Ezek. 31:16).

In Matt. 5:22, 29, and 30, we read of men generally being in danger of being cast into Hell.
"But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire." (Matt. 5:22, 29, 30). Matt. 10. 28 teaches that God can and will destroy men who sin, "And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." We know Jesus also went to Hell, "He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption." (Acts 2:31).

Its not untill we read in 2 Peter 2:4, that Hell was originally created for sinning angels, "For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;" (2 Peter 2:4).

Christ has the Keys of hell so it does already exist, "I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death. (Rev. 1:18).

When was it that the Word decided to create an place like Hell? Was it before, or after the first invasion into Heaven by Lucifer and the one third of God's angels who followed him, or after this event, as a result of and because of it?

Cheers, Iron.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Jay
2 Thessalonains

Re: Hell, when was it created.

Post by Jay »

Ironman, the Bible is silent on the issue. But as I posted in another thread, I believe it was created sometime AFTER Lucifer's flood, Genesis 1:2.There was no hell, therefore the pre-Adamite beings, once they were destroyed, had no place to go. Therefore, they roam the earth seeking bodies as hosts. If they can't inhabit humans, they will inhabit animals. I believe fallen angels are distinctly different beings than demons. Angels have bodies and do not seek to possess a host like the disembodied spirits of the pre-Adamite world. I know there is some conjecture here and I would never debate it as absolute truth but personally, I do believe it.

It is interesting that, although not a place of torment, Abraham's bosom, or paradise, was a compartment of hell that is now empty. Also, Tartarus is the lowest place in hell that no man will ever go to. Only the fallen angels who left their first estate are chained up there.

JayMc

Hebrews 10:35-36
Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward. For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Jay wrote:Ironman, the Bible is silent on the issue. But as I posted in another thread, I believe it was created sometime AFTER Lucifer's flood, Genesis 1:2.There was no hell, therefore the pre-Adamite beings, once they were destroyed, had no place to go. Therefore, they roam the earth seeking bodies as hosts. If they can't inhabit humans, they will inhabit animals. I believe fallen angels are distinctly different beings than demons. Angels have bodies and do not seek to possess a host like the disembodied spirits of the pre-Adamite world. I know there is some conjecture here and I would never debate it as absolute truth but personally, I do believe it.

It is interesting that, although not a place of torment, Abraham's bosom, or paradise, was a compartment of hell that is now empty. Also, Tartarus is the lowest place in hell that no man will ever go to. Only the fallen angels who left their first estate are chained up there.

JayMc
Thanks jay. I am of the same opinion. I often wonder about this. Abraham, Lazarus and others who died in God's grace and favor were kept in Paradise untill Jesus let them to Heaven after his death and resurrection, yet the two future witnesses, Elisha and Elija were translated straight to heaven before Christ's death and resurrection? Also Enoch was translated ot heaven. I dont think they ever spent time in Paradise.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Jay
2 Thessalonains

Post by Jay »

Ironman wrote:
Jay wrote:Ironman, the Bible is silent on the issue. But as I posted in another thread, I believe it was created sometime AFTER Lucifer's flood, Genesis 1:2.There was no hell, therefore the pre-Adamite beings, once they were destroyed, had no place to go. Therefore, they roam the earth seeking bodies as hosts. If they can't inhabit humans, they will inhabit animals. I believe fallen angels are distinctly different beings than demons. Angels have bodies and do not seek to possess a host like the disembodied spirits of the pre-Adamite world. I know there is some conjecture here and I would never debate it as absolute truth but personally, I do believe it.

JayMc
Thanks jay. I am of the same opinion. I often wonder about this. Abraham, Lazarus and others who died in God's grace and favor were kept in Paradise untill Jesus let them to Heaven after his death and resurrection, yet the two future witnesses, Elisha and Elija were translated straight to heaven before Christ's death and resurrection? Also Enoch was translated ot heaven. I dont think they ever spent time in Paradise.
That's right Ironman. They went straight to Heaven. The Book of Enoch says that Enoch was translated and that he is writing a history of mankind as it happens. Also we absolutely know that Elijah will be one of the two witnesses and I am persuaded that Enoch will be the second since "it is appointed once for man to die". I wonder what God had to do to allow them to live in Heaven, in God's glory, in a natural body without being consumed?

Hebrews 10:35-36
Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward. For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

Thanks guys much apreciated. Haz.

macca
After the Holy Ghost Has Come Upon You, Ye Shall Be My Witnesses

Post by macca »

I know some people that believe they created hell when they got married :mrgreen: :2gunfire:

davido
Be Strong in the Power of His Might

Post by davido »

One explanation is as good as another without any clear scripitual context.
Adam would have gone to paradise, of which I would assume
then hades would have existed at the same time. Interesting question
as to any previous inhabitants lived on the earth before Adam.

Getting into a mental heloclopter, away from the tree to tree perspective,
earth basically exists as a boot camp for us creatures here
below to be tested as to where we want our ticket to go after this life.
Earth is a great presentation of great expense, for the sole purpose
of seperating the fruit from the rotten. Thus from the first inhabitants
of earth, whenever that may have been, perhaps millions of years before
Adam, depending on the defination of 'a day' there would have perhaps
been a place along side of paradise called hades, where depending on
whom had your claim ticket you would go. We do know the gate to hell
is wide and the gate to heaven is narrow. As a programmer one may
determine the limits of wide or narrow in percentages, but aparrently
god knows the odds beforehand as the scripture mentions the narrow
and wide gates.
The entire senerio, from the angels that joined Lucifer, about one third
rebelled aginst God, whom God having no beginning nor end, this
earth may have been around for millions of years, and if God is trillions
of years old havng no beginning there must have been and may be many
creations of man on planet earth or elsewhere.

But aside from the one day rule beng literal, I do not know.
We know from archeology the rocks are millions of years old, but
would have originally come from space.
Common sense would infer earth would not have cooled off enough
anymore than Noah's ark took 40 days before setting down. With
the planet being formed and red hot for some time, I would conclude
that there were perhaps more civilations on planet earth before Adam.
Again the bible is limited to what is pertinent for us to know and if
it were to be detailed there wouldn't be enough space on earth for
all the books of which so much data would need to seperate out what
we have as a bible now, whats revelant from the irrevelent.
When an issue is not relevent scripture stops at some point for
every issue could be extended on and on if it were relevent.

We don't know really.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

macca wrote:I know some people that believe they created hell when they got married :mrgreen: :2gunfire:
Now that is funny... never heard that one before.

+bouncy

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

Remember the last pit we worked at together macca. Now that was as near to hell on earth as one can get. Plenty of demon posesses and influenced men to deal with for 12 and a 1/2 hours a day and night.

macca
After the Holy Ghost Has Come Upon You, Ye Shall Be My Witnesses

Post by macca »

Yes Haz, and we even knew the demons by name
Big dog
Gunny
bat eyes
pritty boy
parksy
Duchman
fat albert