Dake Bible Discussion BoardWHERE SHOULD THE NEW TESTAMENT BEGIN?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Re: WHERE SHOULD THE NEW TESTAMENT BEGIN?

Post by macca »

hasn't this been fought over before? many times in fact, if i dig up some history of the early church i bet i will find it,.,.,

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

macca wrote:hasn't this been fought over before? many times in fact, if i dig up some history of the early church i bet i will find it,.,.,
NO it should begin in Matthew and end in Revelation.do you think that was a mere accident it was done this way since the Canon???? NOT A CHANCE.it was Divine Providence.

the Christian Greek Scriptures are Matthew to Revelation.

Reuben
Pray Always with All Perseverance for All Saints

Post by Reuben »

Matthew 11:13 (KJV)
13 For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.

The announcement of John of the Kingdom officially ended the Law and introduced the new.

Reuben

Post by Reuben »

As I said in the other thread... your original question was when did it begin. I believe it indisputably began with the preaching of John.

Reuben

Post by Reuben »

Your original question was WHEN did it begin.

Luke 16:16The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

Not sure how to change this.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Reuben wrote:Your original question was WHEN did it begin.

Luke 16:16The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

what do you do with Heb 9:15-17,Col 2 and Eph 2 Reverend.im not being hostile just asking.

brodave

Post by brodave »

The New Testament began when Jesus was raised from the dead(Heb. 9:15-19)The principles of the new covennant was preached in the 4 gospels(mk. 11:22-25:matt. 13:1-23)etc etc etc etc.The signs that Jesus did where for his disciplies and our benefit that we might believe and have life.(John 20:30-31)

Reuben

Post by Reuben »

branham1965 wrote:

what do you do with Heb 9:15-17,Col 2 and Eph 2 Reverend.im not being hostile just asking.
I do nothing with it at this moment. I was simply answering the original question which was when did it begin. Luke 16:16 explicitly states the answer. It began when John announced it.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

Reuben wrote:
branham1965 wrote:

I do nothing with it at this moment. I was simply answering the original question which was when did it begin. Luke 16:16 explicitly states the answer. It began when John announced it.

i was not being hostile Reverend ...just asking.Happy Easter.

scottae316
Wrestle Against Spiritual Wickedness in High Places

Post by scottae316 »

When Jesus came, it is that simple.