Dake Bible Discussion BoardMoses speach impediment??

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Reuben
Pray Always with All Perseverance for All Saints

Moses speach impediment??

Post by Reuben »

Exodus 4:10 (KJV)
10 And Moses said unto the LORD, O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue.

Acts 7:22 (KJV)
22 And Moses was learned in all the wisdom of the Egyptians, and was mighty in words and in deeds.

Any thoughts?

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Re: Moses speach impediment??

Post by macca »

Does God choose the weak and foolish (looking) to confound the wise (in their own eyes)??????

Moses must rely on God, whereas the wise rely on their own power and a little of God where needed..

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

i think it means that MOSES the man of God like no other
recieved a supernatural Anointing of the Holy Ghost to speak and had unction like no other...
he was the greatest Man of God ever next to the Lord Jesus.
Reuben wrote:Exodus 4:10 (KJV)
10 And Moses said unto the LORD, O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue.

22 And Moses was learned in all the wisdom of the Egyptians, and was mighty in words and in deeds.

Any thoughts?

frenchie
Wrestle Against Principalities

Post by frenchie »

Any thoughts?

I guess that it would be easier to be "mighty in words and in deeds" when one has "all the wisdom and the armies of pharaoh to back him up than when having the same against him...
Last edited by frenchie on Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reuben

Post by Reuben »

Any thoughts?
When I read this, it appeared to me at first glance that he was a good speaker. However, he complained that he was not eloquent and basically had a speech impediment. This is what stood out to me and seemed odd.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Excuses, Excuses, Excuses, thats all it was.

I have noticed that many men Personally chosen by God to do a work had some, or better still, invented some impediment, and or they were too frightened, didn't trust God and ran the other way if possible? But, God still used them.

Jonah is one example;

"Now the word of the LORD came unto Jonah the son of Amittai, saying, Arise, go to Nineveh, that great city, and cry against it; for their wickedness is come up before me." (Jonah 1:1-2).

What did Jonah do? It seems he was too frightened to obey God. He never trusted God, and in fear he ran away.

"But Jonah rose up to flee unto Tarshish from the presence of the LORD, and went down to Joppa; and he found a ship going to Tarshish: so he paid the fare thereof, and went down into it, to go with them unto Tarshish from the presence of the LORD." (Jonah 1:3). We know the rest.

When Saul was chosen by God to be king over Israel, and to be presented before the people, (1 Sam. 10:24), where was he to be found?

"When he had caused the tribe of Benjamin to come near by their families, the family of Matri was taken, and Saul the son of Kish was taken: and when they sought him, he could not be found. Therefore they enquired of the LORD further, if the man should yet come thither. And the LORD answered, Behold he hath hid himself among the stuff." (1 Sam. 10:21-22).

He hid himself amongst the stuff.

Moses when called by God made many excuses not to be chosen or be used by God.

In Exodus 3:10, God told Moses he would send him to Egypt to confront Pharaoh.

"Come now therefore, and I will send thee unto Pharaoh, that thou mayest bring forth my people the children of Israel out of Egypt." (Ex. 3:10).

First thing Moses says, is "Who am I?" In other words, O'h not me God, I'm a no body, I cannot do this? v. 3:11. God assures Moses that He will be with him.

Instead of trusting God and believing what God had said In Ex. 4:1, after all God had previously told him, encouraging him Moses comes out with, THEY WONT BELIEVE ME. "And Moses answered and said, But, behold, they will not believe me, nor hearken unto my voice: for they will say, The LORD hath not appeared unto thee." (Ex. 4:1).

God then showed Moses several miricles and still Moses doubted and came up with another excuse. Its all about me God, my weaknesses, I dont trust you, please dont send me?

"And Moses said unto the LORD, O my LORD, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue." (Ex. 4:10).

God tells Moses that He will be his mouth, his tongue, and will tell him what to say, (Ex. 4:12).

What does Moses do? Did he trust God and thank Him, did he believe what God said to him? No he didnt. Moses was not convinced God would make him eloquent and even capable of delivering Israel. He wanted God to send someone else!!

"And he said, O my LORD, send, I pray thee, by the hand of him whom thou wilt send." (Ex. 4:13).

By now, God was getting angry with Moses and replied,

"And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Moses, and he said, Is not Aaron the Levite thy brother? I know that he can speak well. And also, behold, he cometh forth to meet thee: and when he seeth thee, he will be glad in his heart." (Ex. 4:14). God told Moses Aron shall be his mouth piece, (Ex. 4:16).

Had Moses believed and trusted in God and in all God had told him he would have been the greatest speaker ever and would not have needed Aaron to do his talking for him?

Cheers, Haz.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Reuben

Post by Reuben »

Good post Ironman!! This is what stood out to me... that he was merely making excuses. Good points.