Dake Bible Discussion BoardHoly Spirit manifestations

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Re: Holy Spirit manifestations

Post by macca »

Justaned wrote:
Jay wrote:[I believe there is a Biblical example of being slain in the spirit. When the stone was rolled away from Jesus' tomb, the Roman soldiers fell "as dead men".

Matthew 28:4 The guards shook for fear of him and became like dead men.

Roman soldiers didn't just fall down. I was told once by a believer whom I respect highly that I should just yield to the Holy Spirit and go down. Well, God is big enough to knock me down and when He does, I won't have to "fall down" and I won't be able to stand up.

JayMc
Did anyone ever notice at every scripture verse used to support being slain in the spirit always is talking about unsaved being slain.
Case in point the unsaved Roman soldiers.

Ed! you have done it again :angel:

That got me thinking, well done... +highfive

NineCrows
Esther

Post by NineCrows »

branham1965 wrote:I was in Grace Cathedral when i heard Reverend Ernest Angley God's Servant say under God's anointing that he saw in the vision the Holy Ghost Himself LIFTING from many areas in the USA.

Reverend Angley can be a bit controversial.BUT he is one of Bibleman's favorite preachers.

was he right about this?????
He very well may be...after all, the guy owns a 747 (according to Jesse Duplantis, anyway), he HAS to be right! +goofy

LORD, I believe; help thou mine unbelief. Mark 9:24.

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

dolph wrote:Good one Ed, have you ever been slain in the Spirit? Also, have you noticed that women go down more frequently than men?
Dolph
If you haven't noticed Pentecostalism as seen today would have died long ago if it were not for women.

Now ask yourself which gender does scripture plainly tells us were the first to be deceived.

Seek God not manifestations.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Justaned wrote:
dolph wrote:Good one Ed, have you ever been slain in the Spirit? Also, have you noticed that women go down more frequently than men?
Dolph
If you haven't noticed Pentecostalism as seen today would have died long ago if it were not for women.

Now ask yourself which gender does scripture plainly tells us were the first to be deceived.

Hi Ed,

Above you said: "Now ask yourself which gender does scripture plainly tells us were the first to be deceived."

If according to you Satan can't deceive now... WHO is deceiving these women?

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
Dolph

Hi Ed,

Above you said: "Now ask yourself which gender does scripture plainly tells us were the first to be deceived."

Ah so you know the answer to the question "which gender does scripture plainly tell us were the first to be deceived"

Ever here of self deception? When you so much want something to happen you subconsciencely make it happen and then deny it? Lust of the Flesh or pride of life we could call it.

Protestant Christianity is hard on people that so want to do something for the Lord it is just bubbling out of them. Emotions are rampant and something has to give. Catholics are given release for those pent up emotions in many ways. However we Protestant call them works and look down are noses at them.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
Dolph

Hi Ed,

Ah so you know the answer to the question "which gender does scripture plainly tell us were the first to be deceived"

Ever here of self deception? When you so much want something to happen you subconsciencely make it happen and then deny it? Lust of the Flesh or pride of life we could call it.

Protestant Christianity is hard on people that so want to do something for the Lord it is just bubbling out of them. Emotions are rampant and something has to give. Catholics are given release for those pent up emotions in many ways. However we Protestant call them works and look down are noses at them.
Thanks Ed,

So you are saying I can deceive myself but Satan can't deceive me... Right?

God bless
Leon Bible

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
Dolph

Hi Ed,

Thanks Ed,

I'm saying the Satan has been defeated, our problem is not some outside force it is flesh that still wants it's desires to be feed.

It is like walking down the street and seeing a slight of hand con artist.
We know there is a trick we know he uses deception we know we can't win. However lust of the flesh and pride of life will sometimes take us over to his table "just so we can show him we are more cleaver than he is." Did he deceive us? No we deceived ourselves.

Satan can be a willing pawn in our demise but our downfall originated in our flesh and fleshly desires. It wasn't Satan that pulled the wool over our eyes, we went into whatever with eye wide open. We have the knowledge of good and evil our linage ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. And Jesus gave us the victory over Satan

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
Dolph

Hi Ed,

Thanks Ed,

I'm saying the Satan has been defeated, our problem is not some outside force it is flesh that still wants it's desires to be feed.

We know there is a trick we know he uses deception we know we can't win. However lust of the flesh and pride of life will sometimes take us over to his table "just so we can show him we are more cleaver than he is." Did he deceive us? No we deceived ourselves.

Satan can be a willing pawn in our demise but our downfall originated in our flesh and fleshly desires. It wasn't Satan that pulled the wool over our eyes, we went into whatever with eye wide open. We have the knowledge of good and evil our linage ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. And Jesus gave us the victory over Satan
WHO deceived the woman Eve?

1 Timothy 2:14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

God bless
Leon Bible

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
Dolph

Hi Ed,

Thanks Ed,

WHO deceived the woman Eve?

1 Timothy 2:14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
The serpent did. :mrgreen: And that was before Jesus secured our victory over Satan through his death. Satan has nothing on us so he can't deceive us since the cross.

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

What about Ananias and Saphira? It seems that they conceived this sin in their hearts, without outside help?

To my thinking satan needs evil bad people to carry on his destruction of the sons of Adam and the sons of God if he can. ?

In 1 cor 5; it looks like the dude fornicating with his dad's wife was protected by being in the church and it took Paul to let satan have a go at him? very interesting me thinks.
macca