Dake Bible Discussion BoardWHAT is the sin unto death????

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Jay
2 Thessalonains

Re: WHAT is the sin unto death????

Post by Jay »

To truly understand what the unpardonable sin is, I believe you have to understand the baptism in the Holy Spirit. I would say that a majority of Christians, in the United States at least, have never really experienced too many spiritual things other than salvation. Too many Christians are ignorant of the things of the Spirit. Hebrews 6 tells us that those who have tasted the heavenly gift, etc., can walk away from their salvation. When they do, there is no longer any sacrifice for their sin. Jesus will never lose any sheep that He is given but those sheep can walk away and leave their salvation. Many Christians backslide but that is different than what is stated in Hebrews 6. In this passage of scripture, it is speaking of a believer who REALLY knows God and has operated in the Spiritual gifts and knowing full well what he is doing, walks away from the Lord and wants nothing to do with God again.

Instead of posting all of my thoughts here, I'll give you the link to my website where I address this issue.

http://www.jaymc.com/FOF/unpardonable.htm

Hebrews 10:35-36
Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward. For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Jay wrote:To truly understand what the unpardonable sin is, I believe you have to understand the baptism in the Holy Spirit. I would say that a majority of Christians, in the United States at least, have never really experienced too many spiritual things other than salvation. Too many Christians are ignorant of the things of the Spirit. Hebrews 6 tells us that those who have tasted the heavenly gift, etc., can walk away from their salvation. When they do, there is no longer any sacrifice for their sin. Jesus will never lose any sheep that He is given but those sheep can walk away and leave their salvation. Many Christians backslide but that is different than what is stated in Hebrews 6. In this passage of scripture, it is speaking of a believer who REALLY knows God and has operated in the Spiritual gifts and knowing full well what he is doing, walks away from the Lord and wants nothing to do with God again.

Instead of posting all of my thoughts here, I'll give you the link to my website where I address this issue.

http://www.jaymc.com/FOF/unpardonable.htm
Hi Jay,

Read the post on your blog. It was a GREAT article on the unforgivable sin.

But let me ask you something here... On the car accident, was that not referring to William Branham rather than Jack Coe?

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Jay
2 Thessalonains

Post by Jay »

bibleman wrote: Hi Jay,

But let me ask you something here... On the car accident, was that not referring to William Branham rather than Jack Coe?
Looking at the years of Coe and Branham's deaths, 1956 and 1965 respectively, it had to be Coe. It was during a "Voice of Healing" minister's meeting in which this occurred which would be more in line with 1956.

If you ever want to read a really good book on the history of the great healing revival in the United States from the mid '40's to the mid '50's, check out "All Things are Possible" by Harrell. Excellent book about many great men of God who started out well but fell into trickery and gimmicks when God stopped doing so many outright miracles. They had built their ministries on sensationalism and when it quit, like so many, their ministry had become their god and they did whatever it took to keep the money coming in to keep their ministries afloat.

Thanks again, I'll make the proper changes on my site.

JayMc

Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward. For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

I have that book, got it in the 80s i think. Dad Hagin spoke about a lot of these men and woman in his extensive teachings and that was the reason i got the book.
macca

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Jay wrote:

Looking at the years of Coe and Branham's deaths, 1956 and 1965 respectively, it had to be Coe. It was during a "Voice of Healing" minister's meeting in which this occurred which would be more in line with 1956.

If you ever want to read a really good book on the history of the great healing revival in the United States from the mid '40's to the mid '50's, check out "All Things are Possible" by Harrell. Excellent book about many great men of God who started out well but fell into trickery and gimmicks when God stopped doing so many outright miracles. They had built their ministries on sensationalism and when it quit, like so many, their ministry had become their god and they did whatever it took to keep the money coming in to keep their ministries afloat.

Thanks again, I'll make the proper changes on my site.

JayMc
Hi Jay,

Yes the Voice of Healing meeting would be more in line with the 50's rather than the 60's. It is just that Branham died in 1965 in a auto accident while coming from out west back to his home in Jeffersonville IN. And Coe died of Bulbar Polio and not in an auto accident. That is what had me questioning it.

Yes I have Harrell's book. I have studied the healing move of the 1948 - 1958 period for a number of year's now. I have built up a small library with a number of original artifacts and such including about 70 Voice of Healing magazines as well as materials by Branham, Coe, Roberts, Osborn, Allen and man others. I have meet and had in our church three voice of Healing ministers over the years. James Dunn, Clifton Erickson and David Nunn.

I love that special period of time and thank God that HE has never changed.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Jay
2 Thessalonains

Post by Jay »

Yes the Voice of Healing meeting would be more in line with the 50's rather than the 60's. It is just that Branham died in 1965 in a auto accident while coming from out west back to his home in Jeffersonville IN. And Coe died of Bulbar Polio and not in an auto accident. That is what had me questioning it.

Yes I have Harrell's book. I have studied the healing move of the 1948 - 1958 period for a number of year's now. I have built up a small library with a number of original artifacts and such including about 70 Voice of Healing magazines as well as materials by Branham, Coe, Roberts, Osborn, Allen and man others. I have meet and had in our church three voice of Healing ministers over the years. James Dunn, Clifton Erickson and David Nunn.

I love that special period of time and thank God that HE has never changed.
I've always been intrigued by that revival too. I have some original books by A.A. Allen and have a bound volume of one year's Voice of Healing magazines. "All Things Are Possible" was required reading at Rhema and probably one of the books I enjoyed reading the most.

My first church was in Lamar, Colorado. I noticed in A.A. Allen's books that his address was in Lamar. The address he lists does not exist and later I never saw any references about him living in Colorado so it was a mystery to me. I became good friends with the Assembly of God pastor and found out that Allen's wife was from Lamar and Allen and his wife had married they lived there for a while before moving off to bigger and better things. The address he lists used to be in a small settlement near the Arkansas River which was destroyed by a flood sometime after he and his wife moved away.

davido
Be Strong in the Power of His Might

Post by davido »

I don't know. I did read once a book of a lady that was full of the gfits
of The Spirit, in harmony, and then switched to what I would call
witchcraft.Thus, one like for instance, the great faith healer,
Smith Wigglesworth, Katherine Coleman, etc etc, of which
did not fall from the faith, but people whom have all the
gifts and blessings of God, then to turncoat, I could not imagine
a sin greater. I cannot remember what book I read that in,
but it does seem to be logical that this would be a sin of sins.
And thats an interesting point for us, especially those whom
have grown spiritually, to bacslide, could possibly be worse
than not have matured in Christ, nonetheless whether we
reject Jesus Christ or turncoat neither would be in the book
of life, I would think. For one that had not spirituall matured
repentence may be abailable, but to have possessed all God's
blessing, gifts, leading then reject God, may be the worst
of two lots. There comes a lot of responsibility maturing
in Christ then. Thats a thought. Too even as believers we
are perhaps reminded of hell. the lake of fire.
Alas, I don't know.