Dake Bible Discussion BoardWHAT is the sin unto death????

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

WHAT is the sin unto death????

Post by branham1965 »

WHAT IS THE SIN UNTO DEATH????
Last edited by branham1965 on Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: WHAT is the sin unto death????

Post by branham1965 »

PLEASE Get the tape or read the books i mentioned... +CrazyEyes

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

That ties into James 5:19-20;
Brethern, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, 20. Let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins.
macca

macca

Post by macca »

I was just thinking????? yes i know that is dangerous... but, the title, 'what is the sin unto death?

it just struck me from left field that that is the sin people die with and the Apostle is saying don't pray for the dead?

Ok i am ready.. bring it on.. +hammer :2gunfire: :snipersmile: +pieface :crazyeyes: :mrgreen:

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

macca wrote:I was just thinking????? yes i know that is dangerous... but, the title, 'what is the sin unto death?

it just struck me from left field that that is the sin people die with and the Apostle is saying don't pray for the dead?

Ok i am ready.. bring it on.. +hammer :2gunfire: :snipersmile: +pieface :crazyeyes: :mrgreen:
Like the RCC does. My mother used to give the local priest a bundle of money for years in an envelope and have him pray for and say mass for my dad?

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

davido
Be Strong in the Power of His Might

Post by davido »

We've always wondered about a sin unto death.
The only article I read, was one whom had all the gifts, was
a true believer, but then defaulted and changed.
It makes sense that when one has been empowered, operated
the gifts and was spirit filled, then turns backs that qualifies.
This I would think would be grieving the Spirit.

Reuben
Pray Always with All Perseverance for All Saints

Post by Reuben »

dolph wrote:When the Baptists deny the gifts of the Holy Spirit are they blaspheming the Holy Spirit?
If they ascribe the gifts to the devil or see a person healed after a person lays hands on them in the name of Jesus and then accuse the person of operating with a familiar spirit... then I wonder.

davido
Be Strong in the Power of His Might

Post by davido »

To be a Spirit filled Christian exercising spiritual gifts,
then too become a follower of Satan. But too
Deuteronomy
Deuteronomy 28:15-20
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
deuteronomy 28: 15-20 is still in effect. The only part of the OT
that was cancelled was the Levitical priesthood in Matthew,
of which the book of Hebrews clearly points out we have one priest, Jesus Christ.
Consequences of Disobedience
15 “But it shall come about, if you do not [a]obey the LORD your God, to observe to do all His commandments and His statutes with which I charge you today, that all these curses will come upon you and overtake you:
16 “Cursed shall you be in the city, and cursed shall you be in the country.

17 “Cursed shall be your basket and your kneading bowl.

18 “Cursed shall be the [c]offspring of your [d]body and the [e]produce of your ground, the increase of your herd and the young of your flock.

19 “Cursed shall you be when you come in, and cursed shall you be when you go out.

20 “The LORD will send upon you curses, confusion, and rebuke, in all [f]you undertake to do, until you are destroyed and until you perish quickly, on account of the evil of your deeds, because you have forsaken Me.

Reuben
Pray Always with All Perseverance for All Saints

Post by Reuben »

dolph wrote:Reuben, well said.

How about when the Assembly of God folks accuse Word of Faithers of a name it and claim doctrine?
I do think there is a difference though. AG folks and Word of Faith are having doctrinal differences and label each other accordingly. However, when a person ascribes the work of the Holy Spirit in healing a person before one's eyes and that individual says the devil has done this... I wouldn't want to be in that person's shoes.

macca

Post by macca »

Reuben wrote:
dolph wrote:Reuben, well said.

How about when the Assembly of God folks accuse Word of Faithers of a name it and claim doctrine?
I do think there is a difference though. AG folks and Word of Faith are having doctrinal differences and label each other accordingly. However, when a person ascribes the work of the Holy Spirit in healing a person before one's eyes and that individual says the devil has done this... I wouldn't want to be in that person's shoes.

Yes i agree, where Jesus is being glorified by the gifts of the Holy Spirit and people attribute these acts to the working of satan, in the knowledge that they are from God;
no forgiveness for them ...