Dake Bible Discussion BoardWHY GHANDI NEVER BECAME A CHRISTIAN

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
luchnia
He that Maketh Haste to be Rich shall not be Innocent

Re: WHY GHANDI NEVER BECAME A CHRISTIAN

Post by luchnia » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:17 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:39 pm
luchnia wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:33 pm
what is required for salvation?
This is a great question.

If there truly is a burning Hell known as the Lake of Fire (and there is), then such a question should consume your thoughts.

In fact, if there was only a 1% chance that there was such a place, it would still be worth it to devote your life to answering that question: What is required for salvation?
:angel:

Word up!

luchnia
He that Maketh Haste to be Rich shall not be Innocent

Post by luchnia » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:57 am

Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:55 pm
luchnia wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:10 pm
Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:27 pm
I think that Ghandi very likely believed in Jesus and Lake's Gospel, but unfortunately not to the point of conversion.
Yes, is there any information that Ghandi believed in his heart and confessed with his mouth that God raised Jesus from the dead? It may be, yet I am thinking it isn't. He wasn't an evil man yet what is required for salvation?
On what basis do you claim that he wasn't an evil man? He endorsed Hitler and the Nazis. He routinely slept with multiple naked young girls to whom he was not married. He ate cow dung.

And, he refused to become a Christian.
Interesting that Ghandi was held to such high esteem by so many people.

Word up!

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:08 pm

Psalm 12:8 King James Version
The wicked walk on every side, when the vilest men are exalted.
It's possible that Gandhi lacked natural affection. And, perhaps, even had unnatural affections.

https://blogs.timesofisrael.com/gandhi- ... gay-lover/

Isaiah 29:12-13 New King James Version
Then the book is delivered to one who is illiterate, saying, "Read this, please." And he says, "I am not literate." Therefore the LORD said: "Inasmuch as these people draw near with their mouths And honor Me with their lips, But have removed their hearts far from Me, And their fear toward Me is taught by the commandment of men...

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:27 am

Never mind :agrue:

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:39 am

Hey luchnia,

I would say we are deserving or Jesus never would have come.

I think i might of had the thought of earning it.I cannot remember.

You are right. :angel:
luchnia wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:37 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:33 pm
NO ONE DESERVES SALVATION.NO ONE.
I understand your thinking on this. I do have a questions for you though. If man does not deserve salvation then why did God grant man salvation? I am asking this question because God is a purposeful and just and loving God. Also would you say that man is deserving of God's love, or not deserving of God's love?

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:41 am

That is really sick. +bugeyed

Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:55 pm
luchnia wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:10 pm
Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:27 pm
I think that Ghandi very likely believed in Jesus and Lake's Gospel, but unfortunately not to the point of conversion.
Yes, is there any information that Ghandi believed in his heart and confessed with his mouth that God raised Jesus from the dead? It may be, yet I am thinking it isn't. He wasn't an evil man yet what is required for salvation?
On what basis do you claim that he wasn't an evil man? He endorsed Hitler and the Nazis. He routinely slept with multiple naked young girls to whom he was not married. He ate cow dung.

And, he refused to become a Christian.

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:58 pm

I agree that it is really sick.

The truth of the matter is that he did not come to the Light because his deeds were evil and he loved darkness rather than light..
John 3:17-21 King James Version
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved. He that believeth on Him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the Name of the Only Begotten Son of God.

And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Then the book is delivered to one who is illiterate, saying, "Read this, please." And he says, "I am not literate." Therefore the LORD said: "Inasmuch as these people draw near with their mouths And honor Me with their lips, But have removed their hearts far from Me, And their fear toward Me is taught by the commandment of men...

Hill Top
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shall the Lord Satisfy Thy Soul in Drought

Post by Hill Top » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:11 pm

Ironman wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:59 pm
How sad is this.

Ghandi earnestly wanted to embrace Christianity. He was tired of the caste system of Hinduism and sough out senior leaders of a Church for guidance, their response was to “take a hike.”

When Ghandi was interviewed about his thoughts on Christ and Christianity he said some very beneficial words:

”Oh, I don't reject Christ. I love Christ. It's just that so many of you Christians are so unlike Christ.
I would suggest first of all that all of you Christians, missionaries and all begin to live more like Jesus Christ.” (Ghandi).

The reason why Ghandi Didn’t Become a Christian.

Mahatma Gandhi is one of the most respected leaders of modern history. A Hindu, Ghandi nevertheless admired Jesus and often quoted from the Sermon on the Mount. Once when the missionary E. Stanley Jones met with Ghandi he asked him, “Mr. Ghandi, though you quote the words of Christ often, why is that you appear to so adamantly reject becoming his follower?”
Ghandi replied, “Oh, I don’t reject your Christ. I love your Christ. It’s just that so many of you Christians are so unlike your Christ.”
Apparently Ghandi’s rejection of Christianity grew out of an incident that happened when he was a young man practising law in South Africa. He had become attracted to the Christian faith, had studied the Bible and the teachings of Jesus, and was seriously exploring becoming a Christian. And so he decided to attend a church service. As he came up the steps of the large church where he intended to go, a white South African elder of the church barred his way at the door. “Where do you think you’re going, kaffir?” the man asked Ghandi in a belligerent tone of voice.

Ghandi replied, “I’d like to attend worship here.”

The church elder snarled at him, “There’s no room for Kaffirs in this church. Get out of here or I’ll have my assistants throw you down the steps.”

From that moment, Ghandi said, he decided to adopt what good he found in Christianity, but would never again consider becoming a Christian if it meant being part of the church.
This makes me wonder...if he was so enamored with Christ and His ways, why didn't he seek out a "building" without guards?
Even here in the USA we can go to the baptist place then the catholic place and then to some other "place" for education in Christ.
I think if he really wanted to know Christ, Christ would have "opened the door".

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:22 pm

Ironman wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:59 pm
How sad is this.

Ghandi earnestly wanted to embrace Christianity. He was tired of the caste system of Hinduism and sough out senior leaders of a Church for guidance, their response was to “take a hike.”

When Ghandi was interviewed about his thoughts on Christ and Christianity he said some very beneficial words:

”Oh, I don't reject Christ. I love Christ. It's just that so many of you Christians are so unlike Christ.
I would suggest first of all that all of you Christians, missionaries and all begin to live more like Jesus Christ.” (Ghandi).

The reason why Ghandi Didn’t Become a Christian.

Mahatma Gandhi is one of the most respected leaders of modern history. A Hindu, Ghandi nevertheless admired Jesus and often quoted from the Sermon on the Mount. Once when the missionary E. Stanley Jones met with Ghandi he asked him, “Mr. Ghandi, though you quote the words of Christ often, why is that you appear to so adamantly reject becoming his follower?”
Ghandi replied, “Oh, I don’t reject your Christ. I love your Christ. It’s just that so many of you Christians are so unlike your Christ.”
Apparently Ghandi’s rejection of Christianity grew out of an incident that happened when he was a young man practising law in South Africa. He had become attracted to the Christian faith, had studied the Bible and the teachings of Jesus, and was seriously exploring becoming a Christian. And so he decided to attend a church service. As he came up the steps of the large church where he intended to go, a white South African elder of the church barred his way at the door. “Where do you think you’re going, kaffir?” the man asked Ghandi in a belligerent tone of voice.

Ghandi replied, “I’d like to attend worship here.”

The church elder snarled at him, “There’s no room for Kaffirs in this church. Get out of here or I’ll have my assistants throw you down the steps.”

From that moment, Ghandi said, he decided to adopt what good he found in Christianity, but would never again consider becoming a Christian if it meant being part of the church.

Hill Top wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:11 pm
This makes me wonder...if he was so enamored with Christ and His ways, why didn't he seek out a "building" without guards?
Even here in the USA we can go to the baptist place then the catholic place and then to some other "place" for education in Christ.
I think if he really wanted to know Christ, Christ would have "opened the door".

I don't believe that he really was "so enamored with Christ and His ways," Hill Top. I agree that if he were, he would have sought and found an Open Door.

Hill Top
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shall the Lord Satisfy Thy Soul in Drought

Post by Hill Top » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:56 pm

Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:22 pm

I don't believe that he really was "so enamored with Christ and His ways," Hill Top. I agree that if he were, he would have sought and found an Open Door.
Agreed.
Christ won't abandon those who seek Him.