Dake Bible Discussion BoardCurry Blake

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
luchnia
As Thou Hast Believed, So Be It Done Unto Thee

Curry Blake

Post by luchnia » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:08 pm

In one of the threads a video was posted of Curry Blake. Ok, I spent some time studying Curry Blake and watched quite a number of videos and have listened to numerous audio tracks. Probably spent about twenty to thirty hours or more on this stuff. I will admit that some of it has encouraged me in some areas that I have not thought about much in the past few years. I am always inspired when people actually do something besides lip service and Blake does appear to be a doer.

Much of what Blake speaks is spot on with God's word, however there are some things that I think he is off on and I hold a different perception of. I found it interesting that the Dake bible is/was one of his main sources during his time since beginning this work. I could not determine if he still uses the Dake bible yet appeared to me that is not his source now.

In observation, I think that following John Lake's ministry, basically assuming it as he has, and other men of old may not have been his best choice since some of the men he speaks about have much error surrounding them (not a topic for now, simply a perception held by a number of others). To me following other men in a lot of cases is more harmful than good. Nonetheless, it is what he chose to do and he does disclaim certain things about that in some of his sessions.

He did accept some very baroque prophecies that was apparently for him and held the ones in high esteem that gave the prophecies. When it comes to his teaching, except for some out of context stuff, he does not hold to a bunch of whacko stuff like many do so that was refreshing. He is direct in his approach, almost borderline militant sometimes, very strong in the scripture, and basically spends the majority of his time studying and teaching from it. You can tell he is extremely driven to do what he does and is an avid student of God's word which I admire.

I will say he has some interesting perceptions of certain scriptures and in many cases he could be on the money about what they mean, yet that could be debatable. He reads tons of books and you can catch some of that in his teaching whether good or bad. He appears extremely dedicated and certainly is not a money grubber at all from what I have seen. The way he handles finances is somewhat interesting and some might say lack responsibility. No doubt, his story is an amazing one and many parts of it are sad, yet inspiring as well. The resurrection of his second daughter is fascinating.

One of his SWAT training sessions was recently in a nearby county and I figured I would drive over one day and check it out. I met a few folks that attended the SWAT training sessions and spoke with them. I also met the area state director. I introduced myself to him and spoke a bit with him. I did not get to meet with Mr. Blake this time as I did not want to stick around that long. While talking with the state director, I remember him saying something like, we heal the sick, raise the dead, and cast out demons, and he spoke this mission with a strong directness and confidence.

One thing I did not know was that Blake has been doing this for a number of years. I thought Blake was a short time in the saddle, but he has been around a while. Funny how you don't hear about guys like this. Anyway, I am not placing a verdict on Blake, simply information sharing for the readers of the forum.

Word up!

Hill Top
We Receive of Him, Because We Keep His Commandments

Re: Curry Blake

Post by Hill Top » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:43 pm

luchnia wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:08 pm
In one of the threads a video was posted of Curry Blake. Ok, I spent some time studying Curry Blake and watched quite a number of videos and have listened to numerous audio tracks. Probably spent about twenty to thirty hours or more on this stuff. I will admit that some of it has encouraged me in some areas that I have not thought about much in the past few years. I am always inspired when people actually do something besides lip service and Blake does appear to be a doer.

Much of what Blake speaks is spot on with God's word, however there are some things that I think he is off on and I hold a different perception of. I found it interesting that the Dake bible is/was one of his main sources during his time since beginning this work. I could not determine if he still uses the Dake bible yet appeared to me that is not his source now.

In observation, I think that following John Lake's ministry, basically assuming it as he has, and other men of old may not have been his best choice since some of the men he speaks about have much error surrounding them (not a topic for now, simply a perception held by a number of others). To me following other men in a lot of cases is more harmful than good. Nonetheless, it is what he chose to do and he does disclaim certain things about that in some of his sessions.

He did accept some very baroque prophecies that was apparently for him and held the ones in high esteem that gave the prophecies. When it comes to his teaching, except for some out of context stuff, he does not hold to a bunch of whacko stuff like many do so that was refreshing. He is direct in his approach, almost borderline militant sometimes, very strong in the scripture, and basically spends the majority of his time studying and teaching from it. You can tell he is extremely driven to do what he does and is an avid student of God's word which I admire.

I will say he has some interesting perceptions of certain scriptures and in many cases he could be on the money about what they mean, yet that could be debatable. He reads tons of books and you can catch some of that in his teaching whether good or bad. He appears extremely dedicated and certainly is not a money grubber at all from what I have seen. The way he handles finances is somewhat interesting and some might say lack responsibility. No doubt, his story is an amazing one and many parts of it are sad, yet inspiring as well. The resurrection of his second daughter is fascinating.

One of his SWAT training sessions was recently in a nearby county and I figured I would drive over one day and check it out. I met a few folks that attended the SWAT training sessions and spoke with them. I also met the area state director. I introduced myself to him and spoke a bit with him. I did not get to meet with Mr. Blake this time as I did not want to stick around that long. While talking with the state director, I remember him saying something like, we heal the sick, raise the dead, and cast out demons, and he spoke this mission with a strong directness and confidence.

One thing I did not know was that Blake has been doing this for a number of years. I thought Blake was a short time in the saddle, but he has been around a while. Funny how you don't hear about guys like this. Anyway, I am not placing a verdict on Blake, simply information sharing for the readers of the forum.
Were you able to ascertain weather or not he teaches that men can be free from sin?

luchnia

Post by luchnia » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:36 pm

Hill Top wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:43 pm
luchnia wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:08 pm

Were you able to ascertain weather or not he teaches that men can be free from sin?
Although I am not 100% positive about it, I do think he does maintain you are free from sin. He is so strong about the spirit of God being in you that there is no place for sin. He maintains that there is really no place for flesh stuff in the mature saint. To the best of my memory, he speaks as if you don't even consider such things living and walking in the Spirit.

He has some extremely interesting views on some stuff that Paul stated which I think he makes a solid case for. I have a suspicion he holds more to the OSAS type belief (not positive though), yet in the videos and MP3s I listened to, I really did not hear him talking much about that. It is simple something he does not focus on in his sessions.

He has a large amount of material which somewhat surprised me. Each one of his sessions on average are around 1.5 hours and not many people will listen constantly for that length of time. I have read some negative stuff about him yet so far from what I have seen in his teachings I have not found those things to be true at this point.

Word up!

Hill Top
We Receive of Him, Because We Keep His Commandments

Post by Hill Top » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:23 am

luchnia wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:36 pm

Although I am not 100% positive about it, I do think he does maintain you are free from sin. He is so strong about the spirit of God being in you that there is no place for sin. He maintains that there is really no place for flesh stuff in the mature saint. To the best of my memory, he speaks as if you don't even consider such things living and walking in the Spirit.

He has some extremely interesting views on some stuff that Paul stated which I think he makes a solid case for. I have a suspicion he holds more to the OSAS type belief (not positive though), yet in the videos and MP3s I listened to, I really did not hear him talking much about that. It is simple something he does not focus on in his sessions.

He has a large amount of material which somewhat surprised me. Each one of his sessions on average are around 1.5 hours and not many people will listen constantly for that length of time. I have read some negative stuff about him yet so far from what I have seen in his teachings I have not found those things to be true at this point.
Thanks for the update.
I went and looked at a couple of his sermons on U-tube, and couldn't find anything that dealt with anything but healing.
Nothing about salvation or tenets of faith.
Made me suspicious.

luchnia

Post by luchnia » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:42 am

Hill Top wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:23 am
luchnia wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:36 pm

Thanks for the update.
I went and looked at a couple of his sermons on U-tube, and couldn't find anything that dealt with anything but healing.
Nothing about salvation or tenets of faith.
Made me suspicious.
I think suspicion is good. We should strain out everything we hear and read. I learned a long time ago to glean out the gold and let the chaff go. Some folks have a bit too much chaff for me so I don't bother with them when that is the case. In today's time we have a lot of fluff and powerless religion filling itching ears.

Word up!