Dake Bible Discussion BoardPurpose of the law

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Hill Top
Ask and It Shall Be Given Unto You

Re: Purpose of the law

Post by Hill Top » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:57 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:36 pm
How do you know which water is His blood to baptize in?
Is all water His blood?
As the water you baptize with is His blood, you are saying whatever bread I use for communion is His flesh.
That sounds reasonable, though I will stick to unleavened bread and red wine.

Grandfather
Seek and Ye Shall Find

Post by Grandfather » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:33 pm

Heb 4:2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

luchnia
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Thou Shalt Cry, and He Shall Say, Here I Am

Post by luchnia » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:47 am

Grandfather wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:33 pm
Heb 4:2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
Thanks for posting this verse from Hebrews 4. Entering into His rest - I was studying the "mixing" with faith the last couple days! We could start another thread on how faith is mixed to put into man's heart to become living and active.

There are no doubt many that do not profit because of not mixing faith with the word preached. For a man to be just he must walk by faith. If he is captured in the sense realm he is losing his way. The Galatians were a good example of this as Paul taught.

Word up!

Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:23 pm

Hill Top wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:57 pm
Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:36 pm
How do you know which water is His blood to baptize in?
Is all water His blood?
As the water you baptize with is His blood, you are saying whatever bread I use for communion is His flesh.
That sounds reasonable, though I will stick to unleavened bread and red wine.
There's more to it than that, as it is definitely possible to eat His flesh and drink His blood without knowing (discerning) it. And, there are negative consequences for doing so (weakness, sickness, and/or death). See 1st Corinthians 11:29 and the surrounding passage.

Are there any warnings about being baptized without discerning the baptismal waters as His blood? Any negative consequences?

NEW BIRTH
"Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ IS BORN OF GOD: and every one that loveth Him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of Him" (1 Jn. 5:1).
Help for Today. Finis J. Dake.

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:35 pm

Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:23 pm
There's more to it than that, as it is definitely possible to eat His flesh and drink His blood without knowing (discerning) it. And, there are negative consequences for doing so (weakness, sickness, and/or death). See 1st Corinthians 11:29 and the surrounding passage.
How can someone take communion without realizing what it actually is?
They would have to be doing it without knowledge of what it represents.
Those consequences were for those who partook of communion while in sin.
Are there any warnings about being baptized without discerning the baptismal waters as His blood? Any negative consequences?
Warnings...no.
Consequences...plenty.
Getting baptized, with out realizing it is the blood of Christ that washes away one's sins, leaves one unwashed.
All they got was a bath.
It also deprives them of their death and burial with Christ, and then their resurrection with Him, too.
It robs them of the death of the old man/body of the sins of the flesh.
And it deprives them of their rebirth.
You can consider my words the "warning".

As communion of the body and blood of Christ can happen everyday if one wishes, perhaps the warning is necessary.
Real baptism, however, is a once in a life time event.

luchnia

Post by luchnia » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:46 am

Hill Top wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:35 pm
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:23 pm
How can someone take communion without realizing what it actually is?
Consider it this way. There is head knowledge - mental intellect, then there is heart knowledge - spirit inner man. The realization must be internal and not simply intellectual. They are very different operations in man and will help one understand walking in the spirit and not in the flesh.

Many did not understand Jesus because He spoke from above and men where blinded to understanding because they looked at the natural in their understanding.

Word up!

luchnia

Post by luchnia » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:52 am

Hill Top wrote:
Real baptism? Interesting term, makes one ponder what a not-real baptism is and which baptism God's word speaks of that is the "real" baptism?

Of course your reply would state water baptism for the remission of sins as the "real" baptism as you do not acknowledge the other baptisms for the believer.

Word up!

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:58 pm

luchnia wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:52 am
Hill Top wrote:
Real baptism? Interesting term, makes one ponder what a not-real baptism is and which baptism God's word speaks of that is the "real" baptism?

Of course your reply would state water baptism for the remission of sins as the "real" baptism as you do not acknowledge the other baptisms for the believer.
Were you unaware we were discussing water baptism?
Un"real" baptism would be one without belief that it is the blood of Christ with which we are cleansed of past sins.
Un"real" baptism is just a bath.

BTW, I do acknowledge the other baptisms.
Why don't you acknowledge the validity of water baptism?
Or it's ability to wash away past sin as the blood of Christ?
Or, seemingly, it's function as burial of the old man?
Do you have "head knowledge" without faith?