Dake Bible Discussion BoardJonah

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Hill Top
Keep Yourselves in the Love of God

Re: Jonah

Post by Hill Top » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:59 pm

macca wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:41 pm
Serpent seed. Rubbish.
Hah !
What brought that on?

Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:52 pm

macca wrote:
Serpent seed. Rubbish.
William Branham believed in the Doctrine of the Serpent's Seed.

SALVATION FOR ALL
"Who would have ALL MEN to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth" (1 Ti. 2:4);
"Not willing that ANY should perish, but that ALL come to repentance" (2 Pet. 3:9).
Help for Today. Finis J. Dake.

Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Ironman » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:10 am

Hill Top wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:52 pm
Ironman wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:38 pm
Anyone born of God can transgress and return to sin, just a Judas, King David and several others did.
***************************************************************************************************************************
Judas and David were not "born of God".
1 John 3: 9, Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
The secret of a proper understanding of this verse is in the word "IN," which means in harmony with or in union with, and not bodily entrance into.
I disagree.
We are "immersed" into Christ at our water baptism. (Rom 6:3)
We ARE in Him.
Besides, even your description of "in" would provide the same immunity from bearing the fruit of another seed.
Apple trees cannot bear anything but apples.
The seed is the Word of God by which a man is born again (1 Peter 1:23; Jas. 1:18). The simple idea is that as long as one remains in union with or in harmony with the seed, or the Word of God, he cannot sin. If he grows cold in his love for God, ceases to pray and keep his spiritual life up to normal he then may be overcome again by sin by transgressing the Word of God (1 John 2:1; 2 Peter 1:5-10.
Dake Bible 1 John notes, 7 fallacies based on 1 John 3:9. page 489.
Any sin would prove the sinner wasn't ever born of God's seed...as God's seed cannot bear evil fruit.
God's seed can only bear godly fruit.
I agree with what Dake says about this.

Me, . . . Anyone born of God can transgress and return to sin, just a Judas, King David and several others did.
***************************************************************************************************************************

1 John 3: 9, Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Dake, . . . . The secret of a proper understanding of this verse is in the word "IN," which means in harmony with or in union with, and not bodily entrance into.

The seed is the Word of God by which a man is born again (1 Peter 1:23; Jas. 1:18). The simple idea is that as long as one remains in union with or in harmony with the seed, or the Word of God, he cannot sin. If he grows cold in his love for God, ceases to pray and keep his spiritual life up to normal he then may be overcome again by sin by transgressing the Word of God (1 John 2:1; 2 Peter 1:5-10.

Dake Bible 1 John notes, 7 fallacies based on 1 John 3:9. page 489.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

luchnia
The Chosen Fast of God is To Loose the Bands of Wickedness

Post by luchnia » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:44 am

Hill Top wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:52 pm
I disagree.
We are "immersed" into Christ at our water baptism. (Rom 6:3)
We ARE in Him.
Besides, even your description of "in" would provide the same immunity from bearing the fruit of another seed.
Apple trees cannot bear anything but apples.
Curious about something, do you think Jesus was His own Father? Remember Jesus made the statement that He and His Father are one, so does that mean they are the same one?

Word up!

luchnia

Post by luchnia » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:08 am

Hill Top wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:58 pm
Your inference is that God's seed can bear evil fruit.
The folks you label as "fallen away" are actually false Christians who never where born of God.
Your reasons for equating sinners with those born of God are beyond me.
Fig trees cannot bear grapes...except for those with your understanding.
The seed of God does not work in totality the way that you are trying to make it work when comparing it to apple trees and fig trees. You seem find it hard to believe that a child of God cannot choose to do and follow evil as Scripture shows they can. My guess is that you remove man's power to choose and somehow make God's seed usurp that power once a man is born from above.

I am not inferring, nor ever have, that God's seed can bear evil fruit. Why continue to imply that? I stated the very opposite to that numerous times. There is a clear and distinct separation taught in God's word. It is simple, one that has God's seed CANNOT commit sin. It is impossible to do so. One that is of the devil commits sin. How does a person get from one to the other?

So again the question remains, what happens when a born again saint falls away and follows satan as Scripture shows in numerous places? What happens to God's seed when a person decides to take the path of evil? The Scriptures show that many fell beyond the point of returning (and many more in the future will fall away).

Word up!

luchnia

Post by luchnia » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:14 am

Ironman wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:10 am

Me, . . . Anyone born of God can transgress and return to sin, just a Judas, King David and several others did.
God forbid this happen to any one of us as it did with Judas and others that rejected the Lord. May we never be deceived and choose that path of darkness.

When we think about the fact that even the strongest can be deceived as the Spirit has shown, it is mind boggling and heart breaking. I pray that our love is perfected day by day and we continue to receive more and more light of God continually being clothed in His armor that we are able to stand in the face of deception when those darts are thrown at us.

Word up!

TruthSeeker
2 Thessalonains

Post by TruthSeeker » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:29 am

macca wrote:
Serpent seed. Rubbish.
Certainly you would not call the following scriptures (Gen 3:15, Mat. 13:38, John.8:44, 1 John 3:10) rubbish "garbage, worthless"?

luchnia

Post by luchnia » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:15 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:52 pm
macca wrote:
Serpent seed. Rubbish.
William Branham believed in the Doctrine of the Serpent's Seed.
I think this is the bizarre teaching that Eve had sex with the serpent and somehow gave birth from it. Been many years ago, but I remember quite a number of folks going down that doctrinal road and it was taught quite a bit from pulpits. It has died down a lot over the years.

Word up!

Ironman

Post by Ironman » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:20 pm

No human being can have sex with a serpent and produce a human baby. Like macca said, that's serpent seed rubbish. The serpent could walk and talk, nothing more.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Hill Top
Keep Yourselves in the Love of God

Post by Hill Top » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:50 am

luchnia wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:44 am
Curious about something, do you think Jesus was His own Father? Remember Jesus made the statement that He and His Father are one, so does that mean they are the same one?
No, Jesus was not His own father..
While Jesus was still the Word, He was one with the Father.
Jesus was still the Word, but was manifested in the flesh.
While in the flesh, He lost some of His attributes that He had as the Word.
Only in retrospect were they still one.
This is in addition to them being one in mind and hope and love.