Dake Bible Discussion BoardCan a Person be a Christian & a Segregationist?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Grandfather
He the Followeth After Righteousness and Mercy Findeth Life

Re: Can a Person be a Christian & a Segregationist?

Post by Grandfather »

bibleman wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:47 am
Grandfather wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:03 am
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:06 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:54 pm
No.
There is no love in separating folks based on color.
Why do you say that?
Why would you ask this? Do you believe there is love in doing so?
You know after reading your post.... I have discovered your Modus operandi!

You ask questions and question everything most all the time!
You never or at least next to never answer a question or give your point of view!
Then when others give their point of view - you question it and do your best to poke holes in it - even though you might agree with it!

Do your really want to be known for this type of character?
Sir, I am seriously concerned about your reading comprehension skills. If you will read the first response to this thread you would realize I answered this question directly. Unlike your accusation I gave my point of view.

Below is a slightly edited copy of that posting for everyone’s review. Please tell me how I can be more direct? Or post an apology! (Likely you will do neither.)
Grandfather wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:22 am
So, to answer your question. Segregation MAY BE an indicator of a persons heart condition towards God. I would look for additional evidence for or against in the life of the person before attempting to claim a position.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Grandfather wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:55 pm
bibleman wrote:
Grandfather wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
No.
Why do you say that?

You never or at least next to never answer a question or give your point of view!
Then when others give their point of view - you question it and do your best to poke holes in it - even though you might agree with it!

Sir, I am seriously concerned about your reading comprehension skills. If you will read the first response to this thread you would realize I answered this question directly. Unlike your accusation I gave my point of view.

Below is a slightly edited copy of that posting for everyone’s review. Please tell me how I can be more direct? Or post an apology! (Likely you will do neither.)
Grandfather wrote:
So, to answer your question. Segregation MAY BE an indicator of a persons heart condition towards God. I would look for additional evidence for or against in the life of the person before attempting to claim a position.
To answer your question.... Here is how you can be more direct.

1) Leave out the "MAY BE" - the may be means maybe so maybe not, in other words NOT an answer.
2) You never said that segregation was or was not a heart condition. - well is it or isn't it?
3) You are still wanting additional evidence - so no answer is given.
4) You would have to have this info BEFORE - so no answer is given
6) BEFORE even ATTEMPTING - so no answer is given
7 BEFORE EVEN ATEMPLTING to even CLAIM - so no answer is given
8) a position. - so no answer is given

In other words no position and no answer.

Why not just say either you agree or you do not.. Then don't worry, later if you change you change your mind you can change your answer.

But with these wishy washy comments that you give - who knows where you stand?

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Grandfather

Post by Grandfather »

bibleman wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:15 pm
Grandfather wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Grandfather wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
No.
Why do you say that?

Grandfather wrote:

1) Leave out the "MAY BE" - the may be means maybe so maybe not, in other words NOT an answer.
2) You never said that segregation was or was not a heart condition. - well is it or isn't it?

Why not just say either you agree or you do not.. Then don't worry, later if you change you change your mind you can change your answer.

You are one for following the wisdom of scripture…

Pro 18:13 If one gives an answer before he hears, it is his folly and shame. (Answering “maybe” allows for more of the story to be heard and avoids “trap” questions.)

Pro 18:15 An intelligent heart acquires knowledge, and the ear of the wise seeks knowledge. (So ask questions and learn)

Pro 18:17  The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him. (How can one examine the case unless questions are asked)

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Grandfather wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:23 am
bibleman wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:15 pm
Grandfather wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Grandfather wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
No.
Why do you say that?

Grandfather wrote:

You are one for following the wisdom of scripture…

Pro 18:13 If one gives an answer before he hears, it is his folly and shame. (Answering “maybe” allows for more of the story to be heard and avoids “trap” questions.)

Pro 18:15 An intelligent heart acquires knowledge, and the ear of the wise seeks knowledge. (So ask questions and learn)

Pro 18:17  The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him. (How can one examine the case unless questions are asked)
You might be right or you might not be... I don't have enough information to say at this point.

But it was proven that you don't answer, from your own statement!

God bless
Leon Bible

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Grandfather

Post by Grandfather »

bibleman wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:31 am
You might be right or you might not be... I don't have enough information to say at this point.
Ah, at least you are truthful, you are lacking knowledge or awareness in this area.
(Which by definition is ignorance of the matter at hand.)

See, I didn't ask a question. VBG

But I did notice you removed a couple of postings. They must have embarrassed you.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Grandfather wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:21 pm
bibleman wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:31 am
Ah, at least you are truthful, you are lacking knowledge or awareness in this area.
(Which by definition is ignorance of the matter at hand.)

See, I didn't ask a question. VBG

But I did notice you removed a couple of postings. They must have embarrassed you.
Thanks for not asking a question!

Yes :angel: when it comes to knowledge of your opinion, I am ignorant of that information, since you very seldom give it.

Embarrassed? No not at all. I passed the stage of embarrassment many years ago. I am what I am and don't care who knows it.

God bless
Leon Bible

Grandfather

Post by Grandfather »

Grandfather wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:23 am
Grandfather wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:12 pm
I think the nation was close then, but it was still a long way off. Think about segregation... I would say we were closer to being a Christian nation than we are now, but we still were missing the mark in many ways.
If segregation is evidence that the nation was not Christian, I wonder...

Can a person be a Christian and a Segregationist?
Unlike another poster on this forum, I hold that a person can be saved, can be adopted into the family of Christ, can be a child of God, and not yet be perfected in all their actions.

FYI - when I mentioned segregation in that posting, I was thinking of all those that practice segregation, in the worst possible way.

I believe there were, and are, those who hold segregationist views and are racist. I hold that is a position that would be difficult to defend and still be a Christian.

Therefore, because being a segregationist, in and of itself, is not enough information to answer your question with a binary answer. (YES or NO) the question begs for more information for a complete answer. If I am faulted for more information before giving an answer, then I different to scripture.

Pro 18:13  If one gives an answer before he hears, it is his folly and shame.
Pro 18:17  The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

I would like to hear the whole story and be able to examine it, before attempting to render an opinion.